The Dogged TeacherBe inspired, smile, and think about what a dog can teach us. A funny thought sure to make you smile, especially if you own a dog.
Funny Words of Wisdom
The Dogged Teacher
Author: Byron Pulsifer, © 2012
There are a lot of lessons to be learned from a dog - yes, I said a dog. You may think this is a little strange but wait until I explain a little bit.
You can learn things like:-Always come running to you to greet you when you come home. There is never anyone else who can get in their way and they are always excited to see you.
- They will gladly leap for joy when offered to go on a joyride with their head stuck out the window and the wind blowing through their hair.
- Will practice obedience when they know you are serious.
- Let others know that they have invaded your territory and will cease only when asked by you.
- Love to take naps and have a great stretch when you awake.
- Have fun everyday by running and playing.
- When it's hot, drink lots of water and find a shady spot under which to lie.
- You love attention and will lie still when anyone wants to pet you.
- You won't bite anyone if a big growl will do.
- When you are happy, you will wag your tail vigorously and run around like a fool.
- Even if you are scolded, you will never harbor a grudge or start to pout but instead will come back and expect a good petting.
- You delight in the simple things in life like going for a walk, or lying at the feet of your owner during a football game never expecting any more.
- Love to eat your food with delight.
- Always loyal, always there. Never doubting you are loved and valued.
- When your owner is having a very bad day, you will lay silently close by, and only nuzzle them when them seem to need a little cuddling.
- We observe dog symptomsYes, a dog is a great friend. But, there is something that they need from you. And, that you also treat them as a friend and not as something to put outside all alone for hours or through terrible storms. You will care for them when they need medical attention; you will never abuse them or let anyone else physically harm them; you will not punish them for your own mistakes; you will not treat them any differently than you would treat yourself.
Now, on the other hand, a dog is a great teacher when it comes to learning about friendship as well. You have just read what a dog can teach you but did you realize that dogs could also give you a lot of pointers about friendship as well?
Dogs do not like to be ignored and either do friends. You do not ignore a friend when they need you so a dog certainly tells you all about this fine point. Even if a good friend ticks you off and you engage in an argument, it is not the end of a friendship just like scolding a dog does not mean that you no longer love and value your special pet. Just like a dog, a true friend is always there for you and never doubts your own friendship and loyalty. And, just like a dog, if you are having a bad day, you can turn to your friend and talk to them about what is happening or what went wrong.
A dog can teach you a lot about being a loyal friend so pay attention. Offer friendship to them as they are to you. Remember, it is a two way street at all times. when a pet is not well just like there are symptoms when people are not well - the question is how well do we observe.
Inspirational Words of Wisdom | Inspiring Quotations | Wisdom for the Day | Inspirational Thoughts | Inspirational Stories | Proverbs | Motivation | Inspirational Poems | Words of Encouragement | Motivational Links, Inspirational Links