Do Not Give Up
Quitting Is Not The Way
Poet: Julie Hebert, © 2012
Go ahead and quit, if you can't see it through.
But don't come crying to me, when quitting is all you do.
Those who start to quit, when things start getting tough.
Start to see quitting, as a way to get out of stuff.
They never stick things through, and can't complete a thing.
Is this the type of person, you see yourself being?
Quitters never win, no matter what you've heard.
Have you ever heard a quitter, that is picked to be referred?
Of course that would be silly, why would someone refer?
Someone who can't even accomplish, they are their own saboteurs.
Next time you want to quit, think who you want to be.
Quitters never win, I want more than this for thee.
I want to see success, surround you every day.
I want you to be happy, and want to scream hooray!
I want you in a job, that makes you're world so good.
I want the work you do, feel just like childhood.
But most of all I want, to see you see things through.
But not because you should, because you really want too.
And I realize you may be scared, that you can't see it through.
But I'm hear to tell you, you can, do anything you put your mind to.
Don't Give It Up
Poet: Z. Vujcic, © 2007
Today life gave you another slap
but don't give it up
throwing your towel in the ring
for things gone wrong, for words that sting
'cos there must be another way
you will see it in the light of another day
When everything seems sour, not in your favour
look around until you find better flavour
so, don't just give but live it up
pick up the pieces, be tough
grind your teeth and turn another cheek
don't give it up, that's exactly what they seek
It's too easy to walk away
quitter never wins so you should better stay
look challenges straight in the eye
don't say yet the last good-bye
fight like an animal in a trap
but don't give it up
More Poems Never Giving Up:
- Allow Yourself To Fight
- Poems by William Arthur Ward
Inspirational Quotes for Reflection:
"Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touch down."
"Most people who succeed in the face of seemingly impossible conditions are people who simply don't know how to quit."
People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to."
People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit.
Before success in any man's life he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do.
Successful people are not afraid to confront failure when their first idea fails. They do not quit because they know to do so would forever rob them of discovering that one idea that could work.
Catherine Pulsifer, One Secret of Success
No man is ever whipped until he quits in his own mind.
More Quotes on Not Giving Up:
- Never Quit Quotes
- Hope Quotes
- Failure Quotes
- Challenges Quotes
- Words of Encouragement
- Determination Quotes
- Quotes about Overcoming
Thoughts and Stories To Encourage You To Keep Moving Forward:
- Discouraged, Downtrodden, and Anguish -
To be discouraged, downtrodden or in anguish is not an uncommon emotional state. Nonetheless, each of these previous terms does not have to be the reality or, at least, not an on-going state of life. How does a person move beyond or through any or all of these negative and debilitating emotions of spirit . . .
- Failure Is A Golden Opportunity - Failure is defined as: "a lack of success; the omission of expected or required action." You could say failure is admitting defeat giving you the feeling you are on a sinking ship. If you accepted failure you are in fact giving up or as some would say, throwing in the towel. . . .
- Don't Let Go Of - There are a number of things to let go of in life. One of these things is worry of which there is nothing more unproductive or personally debilitating. Each worry simply adds to one's stress and we all know that stress build up over time can have serious health consequences. . . .
- An Obstacle Is Born - We can all talk about plans and what we want to do but we can all also talk about obstacles that may prevent us from doing what we wish to do. These obstacles can be of many flavours some coming at us out of the blue, and some driving toward us with a huge head of steam. But, are these obstacles insurmountable . . .
- Faced with Adversity -
Who hasn't faced adversity in their life? We all have stories about facing adversity in our lives. The difference is what we did to overcome it.
We all have two choices: to do nothing, and just give up or to look at the adversity as an opportunity . . .
Famous People Who Did Not Give Up:
- Yanni Quotes
- Norman Vincent Peale Quotes
More Motivational Poems
Words of Wisdom |
Inspirational Poems |
Famous Quotes |
Quote of The Day |
Thought For The Day |
Contact Us |
About Us |