There are many lessons from the Bible that you can incorporate into your life if you are wise. And, there are many ways to deviate from these lessons and the secret is to stay on course and not let temptation overtake you.
A Few Lessons
Here are a few lessons to know and to adopt:
- The way to a smile is through happiness and that happiness is within.
- You can sooth angry feelings by being kind and using kind words instead of lashing out.
- Be a true friend and keep a secret when asked and look to friends to do the same for you.
- Do not over reach when you are talking so you do not say things you will regret - be truthful and honest in your responses.
- Start to learn to help when asked not when it is convenient for you.
- It is better to be honest than dishonest and better to be poor than rich if you must be dishonest to be rich.
- Show respect to the Lord and not take his name in vein.
- Do not go through life looking for trouble because it will certainly find you.
- Always teach your children right from wrong and model your own teachings daily.
- The more you want something the harder you should work - nothing done gets nothing in return.
- Do not try to get even, instead forgive them for they do not know what they do.
- Common sense and understanding is reached through the Lord.
- Do not argue just to try and win but use tack and diplomacy to convince.
- Know the path down which you want to go and stick to the right path.
- Do not assume you are ever wise enough.
- Be able to offer assistance to all those in need not just who you think are worthy.
Expand The Lesson
Each one of these lessons can be expanded to add even more meaning to your life. And, as your left becomes even more wholesome, so does the lives you touch everyday.
“For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end; while it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts." Hebrews 3: 14-15
The lessons as noted above are just the building blocks of a life filled with God as your leader. The Bible becomes a teacher and a comfort as you go through life. You realize of course that each part of your life cannot be without pain and torment caused by worldly events. But, it is with your Bible and God by your side that you find comfort and the strength to keep moving onward.
"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you,
that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." I John 1:5
Trials and tribulations are not necessarily the worse that can happen. Even more enduring loss can confront you as life and years pass. But the comfort knowing that God is with you every step of the way is your grounding force and support mechanism. It is also true that living a God gifted life will bring you boundless resources from friends and family because it is through your life that they have learned comfort and joy as well.
These are but a few lessons of life, which can help you through the difficult and challenging times. Not everything will be easy for life is not a task to float through but to learn through. Everyone has a right to be happy but happiness comes from within not from that which is necessarily made by man or woman.
Inspirational Quotes for Reflection:
"There is only one great issue and that is to get the truths of the Bible into the hearts of the people."
"Believe God's word more than you believe your own feelings and experiences. Your Rock is Christ, and it is not the Rock which ebbs and flows, but your sea."
"The Bible contains many thousands of promises. It is God's book of signed checks."
F. B. Meyer