- verses to express how much you appreciate others and appreciate life.
- share these with that someone special who is celebrating their birthday.
- pages of Xmas poems to share with others at this special time of year.
- words to remind you to develop
the courage you need to live life to its fullest.
- pages of encouraging poems to inspire.
In life we can all use a bit of encouragement from time to time.
Poems about Faith
read these to encourage your faith, reminders of how awesome our God is.
Fathers Day Poems
- share with your Dad
Best Friend Poems
- reflects what best friends are and what they do.
Share these with your
- reminders that friends are special people, people we think of
with affection and love.
- humorous but also have wisdom in the verses.
- share these graduation poems with the new graduate in wishing
them congratulations and success.
- we all have times when life gets us down.
- when reading these you should feel encouragement, hope, and
see reflections of God in the poetry.
Poems about Life
- pages of poetry from people about their experiences, growth,
and thoughts on life.
Short Love Poems
- brief but precise expressions of
affection for someone we hold dear.
Mothers Day Poems
- Mothers are special people, who always love us no matter
- poetry that provides motivation, inspiration, and encouragement for every day.
New Year Poem
- the beginning of a new year - a great time to offer encouragement
- for reflection.
Poems about Regret
- have no regrets, the poetry here reminds us to move forward
with our life, do not
waste your time by looking back.
- for sharing
- may you find yourself smiling once you have read these!
- to encourage us to be thankful for all the blessings we have
in our lives.
- pages of poems for Valentine's Day.
Veterans Day Poems
- remember - may we never forget and may we always express our gratitude and
William Arthur Ward Poems
- an American writer, who wrote many
- guidelines for submitting poetry to be published on our site.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person
who is passionately in love with
End Poem . . .
Poet: John McLeod, ©1989
And some they tilt at windmills
And some they push the plough
The Poet does both on wind-filled wings
Above the "Wonder-How"!
And some may never see beyond
The bow-wave sparkling bright
To where the questing Soul will find
That broader, wiser sight.
Methinks this sometimes Poet and Clown
Love's blessing rich endow,
To brush the stars as, through the glass
Sees much less darkly now!
Poems Are The Friends
Poet: John McLeod, ©1989
Poems are the Friends we make them
Expressing in words a thought
Of happiness, sadness, caring,
Experience dearly bought.
Poems have their own sweet language
That buds and comes to bloom,
Showing their many colours. . .
Light in a darkened room.
Poems let us say: "I love you. . ."
Poems let us say: "Goodbye. . . "
Poems can be strong, or gentle,
Raising a smile or sigh . . .
For poems are about our living
The road that we, daily, take,
and of selfless giving . . .
are the Friends we make!
"A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom."
Poet: Wilhelmina Stitch
A little word to play so big a part!
It oft controls the hand and mind;
it is the guardian of the heart.
No stronger word we'll ever find
Because of others, laziness will work;
and selfishness retire in shame;
and sadness sing, despite the gloom and muck;
and high ambition turn away from fame.
We are determined on a certain course
and then, because of others, curb our will.
Oh! little word, you have tremendous force
to turn to goodness what we planned for ill.
We must be brave that others will not fear;
and when the face of trouble doth appear -
because of others, not a bit of fuss!
The sweetest, tenderest thoughts, others inspire;
the noblest actions are for others done;
for others, burns the brightest of love's fire;
for others are the hardest battles won.
There are many different styles of poetry, from ballads to rhymes to lyrics -
all are a great way to express your feelings. You may also want to be
creative by writing your own, you might be surprised how inspirational
and creative you can be! We hope you have been inspired and have found words
of wisdom in the thoughts of poets from
around the world who have shared their thinking through this poetry.
"The distinction between historian and poet is not in the one writing prose and the other verse . . .the one describes the thing that has been, and the other a kind of thing that might be. Hence poetry is something more philosophic and of graver import than history, since its statements are of the nature rather of universals, whereas those of history are singulars."
You May Also Be Inspired by these Quotes