- verses to express how much you appreciate others and life.
- share these with that someone special who is celebrating their birthday.
When just a Happy Birthday is not enough why not share a verse or two.
- pages of Xmas poems to share with others at this special time of year.
- words to remind you to use your strength and lean on God to develop
the courage you need to live life to its fullest.
- pages of encouraging poems to inspire and give you strength and hope.
May these verses be ones that you find encouragement in. In life we can all use a bit of encouragement from time to time.
Poems about Faith
read these to encourage your faith, reminders of how awesome our God is. Verses about belief and our convictions.
share these graduation poems with the new graduate in wishing them congratulations and success. It is a day of great accomplishment and achievement for them.
Best Friend Poems
- reflects what best friends are and what they do. Share these with your
- reminders that friends are special people, people we think of with affection and love. There is a closeness and an understanding that we have with them. True friends are ones that are with us in the good times and the challenging times of life.
- humorous but also have wisdom in the verses.
- about hope to encourage you. We all have times when life gets us down. Read the verses and reflect on the wisdom that these Poets offer.
- When reading these you should feel encouragement, hope, and
see reflections of God in the poetry. May you find them uplifting and we hope that they provide
inspiration and enable you to focus on the positive aspects of life.
Poems about Life
- pages of poetry from people about their experiences, growth, and thoughts on life.
Short Love Poems
- rhyming words that are brief but precise expressions of affection for someone we hold dear. Share them with someone that you care about and think the world of.
Mothers Day Poems
- Mothers are special people, who always love us no matter what. Make sure to take the time to say thanks to the woman who raised and loved you.
- provide motivation, inspiration, and encouragement for every day.
New Year Poem
- the beginning of a new year - a great time to offer encouragement and motivation!
- for reflection. Our prayers are sometimes answered without us realizing or, in ways that we did not ask for but God's plan is better than ours.
Poems about Regret
- have no regrets, the poetry here reminds us to move forward with our life, do not
waste your time by looking back.
Romantic Love Poems
- expressions and feelings of feeling safe and loved and expressions and feelings of being disappointed. Love surrounds all of our life but sometimes we don't feel like there is any romance. Don't wait for others to put the romance in a relationship take the initiative and put the romance in yourself.
- may you find yourself smiling once you have read these! A great stress reliever is laughing and smiling.
- a collection of thanksgiving poems to share with others and to encourage us to be thankful for all the blessings we have in our lives.
- pages of poems for Valentine's Day. February 14th, is a day
where we tell those we love how much they mean to us -
send one to that someone
special in your life.
Veterans Day Poems
- remember - with these Veterans Day Poems. May we never forget and may we always express our gratitude and appreciation!
William Arthur Ward Poems
- Mr Ward, an American writer, lived from 1921 - 1994. He wrote many
"A poet is, before anything else, a person
who is passionately in love with
End Poem . . .
Poet: John McLeod, ©1989
And some they tilt at windmills
And some they push the plough
The Poet does both on wind-filled wings
Above the "Wonder-How"!
And some may never see beyond
The bow-wave sparkling bright
To where the questing Soul will find
That broader, wiser sight.
Methinks this sometimes Poet and Clown
Love's blessing rich endow,
To brush the stars as, through the glass
Sees much less darkly now!
Poet: Wilhelmina Stitch
A little word to play so big a part!
It oft controls the hand and mind;
it is the guardian of the heart.
No stronger word we'll ever find
Because of others, laziness will work;
and selfishness retire in shame;
and sadness sing, despite the gloom and muck;
and high ambition turn away from fame.
We are determined on a certain course
and then, because of others, curb our will.
Oh! little word, you have tremendous force
to turn to goodness what we planned for ill.
We must be brave that others will not fear;
and when the face of trouble doth appear -
because of others, not a bit of fuss!
The sweetest, tenderest thoughts, others inspire;
the noblest actions are for others done;
for others, burns the brightest of love's fire;
for others are the hardest battles won.
There are many different styles of poetry, from ballads to rhymes to lyrics -
all are a great way to express your feelings. You may also want to be
creative by writing your own, you might be surprised how inspirational
and creative you can be! We hope you have been inspired and have found words
of wisdom in the thoughts of poets from
around the world who have shared their thinking through this poetry.
"The distinction between historian and poet is not in the one writing prose and the other verse . . .the one describes the thing that has been, and the other a kind of thing that might be. Hence poetry is something more philosophic and of graver import than history, since its statements are of the nature rather of universals, whereas those of history are singulars."