Top 10 Quotes for 2005Catherine Pulsifer, ©2005
I was recently asked what my favorite top 10 quotes were. I really had to give it some thought as there are so many that have helped me over the years. Finally, after much thought, I picked the ones that are my favorite. The point about quotations is that depending on your circumstances, and where you are in life, you will find your favorites will change with time and with your current situation.
I picked these top 10 thinking about my children. If I had to suggest only ten that would influence their life; these are the top 10 I would choose;
1. "Every problem has a gift for you in its hands." Richard Bach
How many times have we faced a challenge or problem and we can only see the problem. We don't look for the gift. Next time you are faced with a problem, stop and see if you can find the gift. It is amazing what you may find when you really stop and look
2. "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it." Author Unknown
Life goes by quickly. Don't waste your days as once the day is gone you will never get it back.
3. "Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda
When we use the word try we are not fully commiting we are only trying. My kids have heard me use this saying many times over.
4. "Try to do unto others as you would have them do to you, and do not be discouraged if they fail sometimes. It is much better that they should fail than you should." Charles Dickens
True words of wisdom from Mr. Dickens!
5. "90% of what you worry about never happens, so why waste your time and energy on worrying." Catherine Pulsifer
So many people waste their time and energy on worrying. If there is something you can do - do it, otherwise, there is no sense worrying. Put your energy into something more positive.
6. "The most wasted of all days is . . .
Words of Wisdom | Quotes by Famous People | Inspirational Thoughts | Privacy | Contact Us | About Us | Disclaimer | Disclosure | Motivational Links