1. "It's with joy and sadness that we say farewell tonight. No one more loved or respected has earned this right."
2. "Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money."
3. "Don't simply retire from something; have something to retire to."
Harry Emerson Fosdick
4. "There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it "retirement." I call it bliss."
5. ""The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off."
6. "A gold watch is the most appropriate gift for retirement, as its recipients have given up so many of their golden hours in a lifetime of service."
7. "Retirement means doing whatever I want to do. It means choice."
8. "I'm retired - goodbye tension, hello pension!"
9. "There is life after retirement, and it is BETTER."
10. "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
"Sooner or later I'm going to die, but I'm not going to retire."