The World Is Our ClassroomAuthor: Catherine Pulsifer, (c) 2008
I recently read some of H. Jackson Brown, Jr's work. He has one piece that is titled, Live and Learn and Pass It On. Here is a partial piece of that work:
I've learned that most of the things I worry about never happen. -age 64There Is A Lot to Learn In This World
End each thing we learn does not have to be a magnificent revelation but only something that sticks with you over time. Here are just a few things you may have learned over time:
- Most things in life that one worries about never happen.
- Great achievements are not always accomplished by the most educated but the most determined.
- Problems are the greatest reflection of possibilities to be and that failures are the best teachers in the world.
- To be nice, to be kind, to be considerate doesn't cost you a penny and what you give is worth more than money can buy.
- You can't have what you can't see, and you can't see what you can't dream about.
If we kept a journal and each year on our birthday we wrote the most significant thing that occurred in our life, and what we learned from this, then we would have a legacy to pass on to our children. Think of your last five years, what one thing did you learn that you would share with someone that you love.
What I Have Learned
2007 - I've learned that life is precious and we never know if tomorrow will come. It is critical that we live each day to the fullest.What Have You Learned
What have you learned in the last five years that has changed your thinking, or influenced your life? By recording the wisdom in your life events you will actually have the beginnings of your story. There is a saying, "every life is a story, make yours a best seller."
Words of Wisdom | Motivational Poems | Words of Encouragement | Privacy | Contact Us | About Us | Disclaimer | Disclosure | Motivational Links