Valentines Day is NOTWhy it is when we think about Valentines Day we think only of lovers, special relationships. Why can't on Valentines Day we think about not only the special people in our lives, but, also think about ourselves. There is a saying, "if you don't love yourself, you will never be able to love others." May the wisdom in this thought remind you to look after yourself first!
Valentines Day is NOT only for Lovers
by Catherine Pulsifer
You may ask, "how do I love myself?". Here are some suggestions that you can do on Valentines Day to love yourself.
1. Look around you and appreciate those who care about you. be thankful they are in your life.
2. Make a list of all the things you like about yourself. Don't be modest; this list is for you, no one else.
3. Treat yourself on Valentines Day. Buy that one thing that you want - it doesn't have to be expensive, but it has to be a treat that you will enjoy.
4. Call your mum or your dad, or that someone who made a difference in your life. hank them for caring about you.
5. Enjoy your day. Remember, "what you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it."
6. Take 5 minutes and sit quietly and reflect on all the blessings in your life. Remember there are always those who are in a worse situation than you.
8. Don't be hard on yourself. When you hear yourself say, "I should have", or "I am so stupid", change your thought. Loving yourself by changing your self-talk to positive self-talk. Would you say those things to your best friend, then, why say them to yourself?
9. Cook or buy your favourite meal for dinner. Enjoy!
10. Last but not least, start keeping a journal of your accomplishments. Then when you feel down, or feel that you are not making progress you can review your journal and it will remind you of all the accomplishments you have achieved. And, remember, it is not large accomplishments that makes success, it is the little things we do every day that over time turn into success.
Each day is not just another day. It is a day to celebrate your own being, your own thoughts, thinking, and actions and behavior. You are the one who is an empire of one, a company of one where you run your own game, your own life. Valentine?s Day for you is everyday. If you do not celebrate the fat that you awaken to new horizons, to new challenges, to do well, to advance the yardsticks that we call life, no one else will do it for you.
Make each day a day to remember not to regret. Celebrate your own special qualities and the fact that you are a unique individual.
Inspirational Words of Wisdom | Short Stories | Words of Appreciation | Inspiring Quotations | Inspirational Stories | Thought For The Day | Proverbs | Inspirational Messages | Inspirational Poems | Motivational Links, Inspirational Links