Birthday Wishes For A Best FriendAuthor: Catherine Pulsifer, ©2017
What could one possibly send as birthday wishes for a best friend? The term 'best friend' certainly implies that one has known this person for quite some time and probably has sent many birthday wishes or gifts over several years.
As I was reading some inspirational quotes , I found myself wishing I could give these gifts that I cannot buy. The seven birthday wishes that I would love to give to my best friend cannot be purchased but can be wished for them. Here's what I chose for the seven birthday wishes for a best friend:
1) The Wish Of LoveMay you find love in your family and your friends. And may you share the love you have to give. When you share your love, let you understand that your love expressed to others comes back to you in many forms.
The Bible tells us the most important thing we can do is to love one another. Imagine if we truly followed this: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Can you imagine what a different world we would live in?
Love is a special gift that you can give over and over again and is completely within your power. How you treat people, how you react when you are upset, how you listen, how you share, these are all ways we can demonstrate love for others. We all need love, it is one of our most inner needs.
"Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within the reach of every hand." Mother Teresa
"Since we receive God's unconditional love, it is up to us to love unconditionally too, and this means being able to receive." Cathy Grant
"We are on a journey through life and I believe it is love that is the vehicle that transports us on this journey. Love is how we find out who we are and what does or doesn't bring us joy." TJ Gibbs
"You can't have real love without operating in forgiveness. Love keeps giving the other person another chance." Joyce Meyer
2) The Wish Of LaughterMay laughter fill your home, relieve your stress, and strengthen your friendships. Do not let a day go buy without laughing; it is good for your health.
Laughter is infectious and the more you laugh, the more other people will join in with you. Laughter breaks tension and puts people at ease. It can make people feel welcome.
"Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects." Arnold Glasow "Laughter is generated by wit or by relief from the straitjackets of tension." Paul Z. Jackson
"Laughter is a very special gift. We have to be very careful that it is used appropriately and not at the expense of others. But if you want to give the best 'medicine,' help others learn to laugh." Floyd Kendall
"A smile makes you happy, it makes others happy and it helps with stress. And best of all, it often turns to laughter." Norah Deay
3) The Wish For Living Each Day To The FullestEvery day is a gift, and may you use this gift by living life to the fullest. You will never have this day again. So don't just put the day in, live the day. None of us know what tomorrow will hold. What will you do with your day today?
It is a day that you can squander, or it is a day that will be marked as unique. You have within you the ability to make each day worthy of note; a day that will form a significant contribution in your best selling book of living.
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." Babatunde Olatunji
"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." Author Unknown
"When life gets us down it's very easy to stay beaten and broken but it takes hard work and action to create a life worth living." Drew Eubanks
"Successful living does not mean accumulating material things, it means inner peace of mind; it means that gift of being able to adjust oneself to everyone else; it also means that all your needs for daily living will be taken care of by God." Albert E. Cliffe
4) The Wish Of Having No WorryMay your days be worry-free. If you find yourself worrying about something then fix it. If it is beyond your control, then there is no sense in worrying about it. Ninety percent of what you worry about will never happen, so why worry! Worries are wasted emotions, and remember that circumstances have no emotional component unless you give it to them.
The best advice I have ever read about worry are the words of Jesus in the Bible in Matthew, Chapter 6, verses 25 to 34. If you have never read this you should. Verse 34 summarizes worry: "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."
"I've seen many troubles in my time, only half of which ever came true." Mark Twain
"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." Charles F. Kettering
"I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about." Henry Ford
5) The Wish For Positive ThinkingMay you find the good in all situations even if you have to look hard for it - look because it is there. No matter what happens in your life, find the good. Your attitude can be either positive or negative. The choice is up to you. But I can speak from experience, if you choose positive thoughts then your life will be a happier one. Let your thinking focus on positive thinking.
"Every problem has a gift for you in its hands." Richard Bach
"Positive thinking does not mean that there are zero problems, but it means that you can cope and recover more easily, while at the same time you are able to look at a brighter side of any situation." John Franz
"The power of positive thinking is not just in the heads of hippies and therapists, there is actually scientific evidence that proves that thinking positively can impact us for the best." Jennifer N. Smith
6) The Wish Of Balance In Your LifeMay you find the balance of life, time for work but also time for play. Too much of one thing can end up creating stress; this is something that no one needs in their life. But living a life in balance can provide harmony and peace.
"Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some." Robert Fulghum
"But you do have choices about how you spend your time. Balancing what you need to do with what you want to do can lead to happiness and success." Stephen Hall
"So to succeed in life at the personal life as well as professional level and even in your social circles, one has to maintain a delicate balance between what your heart says and what your head dictates." Commander VK Jaitly
7) The Wish Of Goal SettingMay all your dreams turn into goals. Goals will help you accomplish things you may have thought were at first impossible.
"If you have a goal in life that takes a lot of energy, that requires a lot of work, that incurs a great deal of interest and that is a challenge to you, you will always look forward to waking up to see what the new day brings." Susan Polis Schultz
"Having a clear mental image of our goals will point us in the right direction. Having a strong mindset will help us mold our attitudes, behaviors, expectations and actions." John Franz
"Meaningful goals are centered around relationships, personal growth, and are autonomously chosen, meaning we chose the goal because we wanted it, and not because someone thought we should, to please our parents, or to live up to other popular ideas of 'success', such as becoming famous and/ or wealthy. Martin Kaye
Your GiftI am always reminded of the saying, "the most important things in life aren't things," so when giving wishes I always extend wishes for love, laughter, appreciation for life, things to relieve worry, positive thinking items, things to help bring balance, and goal setting tools.
By giving such wishes whether they be in the form of books, or wishes of my care or compassion, I hope I am influencing a person's life for the better.
Inspirational Quotes for Reflection:"A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!" Author Unknown
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
"From our birthday, until we die, is but the winking of an eye." William Butler Yeats
"Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays - - everybody's got one. Most kids wish they had more. Older people wish they had fewer and find them a bore." Sally Huss, Let's Celebrate
Birthday Quotes | Funny Birthday Quotes | 21st Birthday Quotes plus 30th, 40th, 50th | Happy Birthday Cuz | Happy Birthday Friend | Happy Birthday Sister | Happy Birthday Sister In Law | Happy Birthday Wishes | Birthday Poems | Age Quotes |