21 Desire Quotes
Here is our collection of desire quotes that will help you gain an understanding of desire and how it can be used to our advantage and disadvantage in everyday life. We all have that desire within us, whether it is for a material object, a person, a place, or for goals that we want to achieve. Desire is what keeps us aiming at the target and gives us the momentum to keep driving forward. Without it, we would merely not see the point and live a very uninspiring existences.We must always remember to use desire to inspire us and not to take over our minds, as it can also be a weapon against us if not used correctly. We cannot choose what we desire, but we can choose what we act upon, so use the gist of desire wisely.
This collection of our favourite desire quotes will inspire and motivate you into utilizing the power of desire!
Last Edited 03/02/2021
- Desire knows no boundary. It is simply the very nature of the universe itself. Desire is the very root of the universe.
Darcy Lyon, The Wisdom of Desire
- We may become masters of desire, instead of being mastered by it.
William Walker Atkinson, The Complete Works of William Walker Atkinson
- Somewhere in the journey to faith is the heart’s desire.
Gary Comer, Soul Whisperer
- Desire, not a small desire – but a burning desire, is what makes the difference.
Jeff Hutchens, The Coaching Calendar
Make A Difference Quotes
- It is the anticipated pleasure, not the desire, that makes that otherwise irrational action rational.
Bernard Gert, Morality
- All desire also aims at some goal; for the object of desire is the starting point of intellect concerned with action, and the last stage [of our reasoning] is the starting point of action.
- Honor each and every desire you have. Cherish those desires in your heart.
Deepak Chopra, The Way Of The Wizard
- Everyone should desire prosperity in every area of their lives. It is normal for you to want more of life—more love, more peace of mind, and more of all that is good.
Dr. Larry E. Gallamore, Dr. Jan Burke Gallamore, Prosperity Thinking
- Keep before your eyes from day to day death and exile and all things that seem terrible, but death most of all, and then you will never set your thoughts on what is low and will never desire anything beyond measure.
Epictetus, The Enchiridion
- Whatever you really desire within your spiritualized mind and heart—that is what you will begin to create.
Sandra Masters, The Happiness Book
Law of Attraction Quotes
- If I desire to cease desiring then I have not ceased all desire after all; I have merely replaced one species of desiring by another.
David Webster, The Philosophy of Desire in the Buddhist Pali Canon
- Better is the sight of the eyes, making the best of that which is present, than the wandering of the desire, the uneasy walking of the soul after things at a distance.
Matthew Henry, Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Whole Bible
- No one, it would seem, is immune to the sudden onset and equally sudden departure of desire.
William Braxton Irvine, On Desire
- Desire is an insubstantial shadow. But turn desire inward, towards spiritual treasure, then it yields substantial results.
A Compendium of the Teachings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba
- Desire is where we seek to go beyond ourselves into a new realm.
Peter, Private Dwelling
- You’re going to need exactly that burning desire to win if you want to cross the finish line—in first place!
Monroe Mann; Lou Bortone, Battle Cries for the Hollywood Underdog
- Telling significant others about one’s desire to change usually enhances commitment to change.
William R. Miller, Enhancing Motivation for Change in Substance Abuse Treatment
- As a result, to pursue a particular desire through the transformation of experience is to pursue a particular self.
Shannon Sullivan, Living Across and Through Skins
- We always desire to learn, understand, and practice insights from other people.
Neil Atkinson, The Shrewd Christian
- And remember, your first and greatest desire should be to seek God; His greatest desire is that you find and remain in Him.
Donna K. Maltese, God’s Wisdom for Your Life
- We cannot exist without desire, but this does not mean that no-self is simply an alternative object of desire replacing the desire of a self for its own fulfillment.
James W. Heisig, Nothingness and Desire
More Quotes to Inspire