1. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (see full text below)
2."I recommend you to take care of the minutes, for the hours
will take care of themselves."
3. "You wake up in the morning and lo!
Your purse is magically filled with twenty-four hours of the unmanufactured
tissue of the universe of your life.
It is yours. It is the most precious of your possessions. No one can take it from you. It is unstealable. And no one receives either more or less than you receive."
4. "I wish I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand,
and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours."
5. "You may delay, but time will not."
6. Yesterday is long gone, and there are no guarantees
we will see tomorrow. Today is what we have and how we use
it determines our appreciation of time."
7. "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
8. "Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away."
9. "Time is a great story teller."
10. "One thing you can't recycle is wasted time. Lost time is never found again."
The Number 1 Quote on Time:
From the best self help book ever written, the Bible, this quote from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
offers some great thoughts on time:
"For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace."
More Top Ten Quotes