24 Anxiety Quotes
We hope these Anxiety Quotes ease your distress or discomfort about situations that are making you feel anxious or stressed.If you are living in a world full of dread and anxiety, let this collection of anxiety quotes help to guide you on your path to understanding and free the shackles on in your mind.
Anxiety is very common, it is said that around 1 in 3 of us will experience some sort of anxiety issues in our lifetime. Anxiety can be a major cause of stress and can lead or go hand in hand with depression.
It is important to understand that anxiety is a natural reaction from within us. It is not that we need to banish anxiety from our lives, but that we learn to use it to our advantage, this will ultimately define how badly it affects us. We have collected a number of anxiety quotes from self-help books and philosophers from ancient and modern times. There are links attached to each quote which will direct you to relative quote categories, we hope these help to inspire and motivate you.
- Relaxing your mind is the number one key in unleashing its power. . . and it has power in itself. All other keys start With your mind at rest, With your alertness high, and your stress levels low.
Marc Salem, The Six Keys to Unlock and Empower Your Mind
There are several different techniques you can use for relaxing your mind to free it of anxiety, whether it’s taking long walks and breathing in the fresh air, doing meditation, or sitting in a quiet place. This will help to clear the mind, give you clarity, and weaken overpowering anxiety, giving the power back to you.
- Vehicles also require a break from operation, or at least their drivers do: rest and sleep.
Margo C. Watt, Sherry H. Stewart, Overcoming the Fear of Fear
You may not understand the importance of the impact that lack of sleep or rest will have on your body and therefore your mind. Sleep deprivation is a massive cause of anxiety, so make the time to take time out. Ensure you prioritize a good sleeping pattern, as this will be the key to starting your day positively and anxiety free.
Take a Break Quotes
- Anxiety is simply part of the condition of being human. If we were not anxious, we would never create anything.
William Barrett, Fuel Line
Living with anxiety and worry is a stressful thing. You must learn to use anxiety to your advantage and accept that it is a natural phenomenon which can either help you in situations or make your life harder. Embrace your anxiety, don’t be scared of it as this will surely make your anxiety worse.
- Do not worry about tomorrow’s trouble, for you do not know what the day may bring. Tomorrow may come and you will be no more, and so you will have worried about a world that is not yours.
Don’t let your anxiety stop you from enjoying life in every moment. There is no need to worry about what is going to happen in the future as it will stop you from enjoying the present.
- Peace of mind is a place found only inside of you.
Aunt Lori, Re-Routing
You are the only person who can truly combat your anxiety and find peace. There are many different ways you can help your anxiety and people that will give you advice, but the first step needs to come from within yourself.
- When you meet your darkest, most uncomfortable places with a mindset of curiosity and compassion, you transform, and your life expands in untold ways.
Sheryl Paul, The Wisdom of Anxiety
- When you give other people control over how you feel about yourself, what they think matters. When you give other people control over how you feel about yourself, what you think they think about you really matters.
Gregory L. Jantz PhD, Ann McMurray, Overcoming Anxiety, Worry, and Fear
- My anxiety helps me to see and understand my patterns and fears.
Tim Burkett, Zen in the Age of Anxiety
- As long as you have your ï¿½self,ï¿½ you do not need to concern yourself with others.Treasure every moment, for it will not come again.
Shinsuke Hosokawa, Zen Wisdom for the Anxious
- Just as it is unrealistic to imagine a life without stress, so it is unrealistic to imagine a life without anxiety. For a woman to try to banish it from her existence would be tantamount to exiling herself from the human condition.
Jerilyn Ross, Robin Cantor-Cooke, One Less Thing to Worry About
Quotes to Live by
- We cannot find release until we have known the real extremity of our situation, and see that all striving for spiritual ideals is completely futile ï¿½ since the very seeking thrusts them away.
Alan W. Watts, Become What You Are
- Suffer no anxiety, for he who is a sufferer of anxiety becomes regardless of the enjoyment of the world and the spirit, and contraction happens to his body and soul.
S. A. Kapadia (Zoroaster), The Teachings of Zoroaster
- Your thoughts are like monkeys, always chattering and running wild. You must learn to tame your monkeys!
Joseph J. Luciani, The Power of Self-Coaching
- A hundred cart loads of worries will not pay an ounce of debt.
Pasquale Varano, Wisdom Through the AgesProverb
- God did not make us to be eaten by anxiety, but to walk erect, free, unafraid in a world where there is work to do, truth to seek, love to give and win.
Joseph Sutton, Words of Wellness
- When you’re anxious, you’re fooling yourself. Anxiety results from distorted, illogical thoughts. It’s a mental con.
David D. Burns, When Panic Attacks
Words of Encouragement
- . . . a lack of self-confidence is extremely detrimental to your emotional health. It can trigger depression, anxiety, stress, and loneliness.
Simon Jenkins, Confidence
- I was so bogged down by anxiety and stress that I didn’t realize the value that failure provides.
Troy Johnston The Purposeful Mind
- Mental anxiety comes from inaction. The more you don’t do, the more anxiety it creates.
N. C. Harley, Active Patience
- Once you can replace your bad habits with good habits, you can also eliminate the stress and anxiety that those bad habits cause in your life so that you can finally achieve the feelings of happiness and well-being that you have always desired.
Sarah Devnil, Build Healthy Habits For Fun And Profit
- You have three choices in life: give up, give in, or give it all you’ve got.
- Most of the emotions we experience like anxiety, insecurity and depression is just part of the process life.
Zac Dixon, Self Esteem
- Love has natural anti-anxiety properties because caring and valuing implies safety.
John Crawford, Anxiety Relief
Quotes about Love and Life
- … the person who has no goal, who doesn’t know where he’s going, and whose thoughts must therefore be thoughts of confusion, anxiety, fear, and worry will become what he thinks about.
Earl Nightingale, How to Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds
Click Here For Anxiety Quotes Page 2 Or Our Full Collection of Quotes To Inspire and Encourage