26 Loneliness Quotes
Find below our words of wisdom about loneliness. Being alone can induce horrible feelings of loneliness and solitude. We have sourced some of the best inspirational loneliness quotes from experts. As J. Ellsworth Kalas said in his quote “loneliness is a part of being human” he couldn’t be more right! We all experience feelings of loneliness in our lives may be because of losing a loved one or having a friend move away, try to focus on the positives, you will see them again and that’s for sure! Maybe you have been so busy raising a family to make friends or been so busy focusing on work you have forgotten to focus on yourself, well it’s never too late to start making up for lost time.
- Loneliness is the mark upon us, the original cut that calls us to seek the source of meaning-filled living and sate our deepest spiritual needs.
Patricia J. Huntington, Loneliness & Lament
- A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.
Mandy Hale, The Single Woman
- Solitude is the place where silence allows us to listen.
Greg Robinson, Mark Rose, Teams for a New Generation
- When I feel lonely inside, nobody knows it. I never let on. I always cover it up. It eats me up.
Mike Gillespie, Feelings
- For loneliness is an existential condition of things. Thus, alas, it cannot be permanently and perfectly destroyed.
Brendan Myers, Loneliness and Revelation
- Constantly remind yourself that the feeling of loneliness is temporary and you will get over it in time.
Lost in Loneliness
- Loneliness is a whole-body affliction, of that there is no doubt.
Fay Bound Alberti, A Biography of Loneliness
- Crucial to dealing with loneliness is understanding it, realizing that it will play some role in each person’s life until that person passes through death.
Robert E. Lauder, Loneliness is for Loving
- Loneliness is an emotional state, like anger or fear
W. Ickes, Compatible and Incompatible Relationships
- Solitude can be nice; loneliness is always negative. Solitude can be helpful; loneliness is always hurtful.
James Wendell Moore, Is There Life After Stress?
- Loneliness is a companion that does not want us to allow the best years of our lives to happen without us because we are present neither to ourselves nor to our lives.
Paula Ripple Comin, Paula Ripple, Walking with Loneliness
- The effect of loneliness is to devalue those individual resources which make up your personality.
Tony Lake, Loneliness
- Being human means having the capacity to be lonely; loneliness is part of what it means to be human.
J. Ellsworth Kalas, John D. Schroeder, If Experience is Such a Good Teacher
Words of Encouragement
- Loneliness is the feeling of not being meaningfully related. It involves the deep hurt of isolation and separation. There is something unique or different about each person’s experience of loneliness.
Harvey H. Potthoff, Loneliness
- The world is great: the birds all fly from me, The stars are golden fruit upon a tree All out of reach: my little sister went, And I am lonely.
George Eliot, Mill on the Floss
- I am lonely! How can I be lonely today, with all this life?
Karen Burton Mains, Lonely No More:
- Being alone simply means that there is no one else with you. This can be either good or bad. But being lonely is usually a downer. If you feel lonely, it doesn’t really matter whether or not there’s anyone with you.
Robert H. Phillips,
- I am alone now, and shall be till I die; and I am not afraid to be alone in the majesty of darkness which His presence peoples with a crowd.
Frederick William Robertson, Life, Letters, Lectures
- Once I was loved and petted, and now I am alone—all alone!
Frank Lee Benedict, My Daughter Elinor
- Usually we have no issue being alone but there are times, perhaps of a lengthy duration, when necessity or fate forces us to spend more time alone than we’d prefer.
Jay Cartwright, The Joy of Being Alone
Long Quotes About Life
- Being alone can be a happy, free time full of doing things you really want to do.
P. K. Hallinan, Just being alone
- When you feel lonely, you attract more loneliness.
Esther Hicks, Jerry Hicks, The Essential Law of Attraction Collection
Law of Attraction
- When you feel lonely, He will be with you.
Landy Pérez-Feliciano, A Moment of Silence
- Solitude is impracticable, and society fatal. We must keep our head in the one and our hands in the other.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, The Conduct of Life, and Society and Solitude
- The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.
Anthony Storr, Solitude
- We long to pray and be with God, and the thousand voices of me, mine, and myself thunder through the corridors of solitude.
Sr Mary Paul Cutri OCD, Sounding Solitude
Power of Prayer
More Quotes to Inspire