37 True Colors Quotes
Here is our collection of thought-provoking and relatable true colors quotes that may resonate with you.
Many of us have experienced being with somebody who has hidden their true identity and turned out to be someone we didn’t recognize.When someone’s true colors start to surface, this has a damaging impact on our lives and can instill trust issues within us forever.Personally, I value honesty above anything else, whether in a relationship or a friendship. Yes, sometimes the truth may hurt, but deceit is more of sin in my eyes.
When times get tough our true colors come to light; this is when we find out who we are and what we are made of.
Published by: Ben Gillison
- If someone shows you their true colors, don’t try and paint a different picture.
Stephanie Dolce, Hello Love, Where’s Cupid? (The 2nd Edition)
- You let your true colors show when those walls come down a little. You’re strong and kind and fierce in your care of others. No one hurts the people you love and gets away with it.
Catherine Cowles, Wrecked Beginnings
- No one said it would be easy, but our true colors show when we’re put under the spotlight.
Maddie Roy, The Unfolding
- Our true colors show when the world is ending and no one is looking.
Nicole Wells, TwinFlames: A Science Fantasy Romance
- Our true colors show when we don’t think anyone else can hear or see us. The real character of a person is revealed when we are alone or think we’re alone!
Dental Economics – Volume 91
- Your true colors show up when you are reaching out to be a blessing to another. The heart regulates the hand. Don’t consider for a moment what you don’t have but use what you do have fully.
Ellen Landreth, My Little Visits With God Corrected
Count Your Blessings
- It’s during the worst storm of your life that you will get to see the true color of people who say they care for you.
Oscar Taylor, Down Side Up
- Ya never can really tell for sure, until the fakers’ true colors show, and when the colors show, I mean the colors really freaking show.
Heather Maria Ramirez, Godmother Quotes of Haterology 101: The Insane Book of Truth
- Speak the truth, tell the truth; speak by the card; paint in its true colors, show oneself in one’s true colors; make a clean breast.
Peter Mark Roget, Roget’s Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases
- Be true to yourself, and don’t be afraid to let your true colors show.
Larry Stains, Stefan Bechtel, Laurence Roy Stains, What Women Want
Be True To Yourself
- They wait until you fall in love with them and then they let their true colors show. About time they show you who they really are it’s to late and you’re in love with them.
Tamika Davis, Life…And the Drama It Brings
Sad Love Quotes
- Soul mates connect with ease right off the bat and let their true colors show without fear of judgment.
Charlie, The Main Street Writer rit, Life is Like Baking a Cake
- Listen, friend, no one will think less of you because you let your true colors show from time to time. In fact, others will probably appreciate you more for allowing them to see the true you.
Mark E. Strong, Divine Merger
- If you are honest and free of ulterior motives in word and deed, then whatever you do is done when you’ve done it, with no need to worry about letting your true colors show.
The Church of Almighty God, God Has Come, He Is King
- It’s in the harsh times and the times we call good where our true colors show.
Noah Calderon, The Marriage Riddle: Preventive Measures For Married Life-A
- And if someone shows you their true colors, don’t make excuses for them or hope that they’ll change—listen to your gut. You deserve to be treated well.
Aly Raisman, Fierce: How Competing for Myself Changed Everything
Gut Feeling Quotes
- Generally, when you first meet a narcissist, you are amazed by them. They will sweep you off your feet. This person is outgoing and charming—until you get to know them—when their true colors show.
Judith Isaacs-Herrig, M.Ed QIDP, Christians have Crisis?
- When you see their true colors, don’t forget it. Don’t let it drop unconscious as usual only to repeat it.
Karen Kellock, SOCIaL PSYCH 1
- Don’t be afraid to be who you are. Who cares if your true colors don’t paint a happy portrait to a man that doesn’t even see his own self worth.
Toni Bennett, Rip, Here Lies My Heartbooks
- Under pressure, your faith life is forced into the open and shows its true colors.
Dana Adams, Wound Care
- Don’t be afraid to show your true colors, Don’t be afraid to get up and dance.
Toni Bennett Discouraged Moms’ Devotions to Go: Taking Time for Yourself
- Sometimes it takes time to see a person’s true colors.
Dale Robinson, The Making Of A Guru
- Being aware of energy will not only keep you from harm’s way but allow you to see persons’ true colors and detecting whether someone’s energy is dark or light can save your life.
Crystal Ermon, Master Your Energy
- Money can cover up a lot of things, and when it’s gone people’s true colors tend to come out.
Todd Stottlemyre, Relentless Success: 9-Point System for Major League Achievement
- Given enough exposure to someone, you will eventually learn of that person’s true colors. One’s behaviors and beliefs are deeply ingrained into the fabric of the being. Eventually, the truth is bound to come out.
Phil Sottile, “BE” The modern Testament to Improved Health, Wealth
- Just as a lake reflects the true colors of an autumn day, so your heart reflects your true colors.
Patricia Riggie, Whispers of Love: 365 Daily Devotional
- Pay close attention to people under pressure or in crisis situations if you want to know their true colors.
Ben Young, Samuel Adams, Out of Control
- Only a person who can laugh about oneself, shows one’s ‘true colors’ and thus one’s true greatness.
Aaron Marcus, Design, User Experience, and Usability
- A person who has so much contempt in their heart, even for those they claim to love, eventually show their true colors.
Mary Jo Stanley, Paper Secrets
- Only the foolish showed their true colors.
Eliza G. C. Collins, Executive Success: Making It in Management
- You can clearly see a person’s true colors when you are down or if they are in a so called position of power. You may can fool everybody around you but you can’t lie to yourself.
Allan Williams, Karma Is God’s Girlfriend
- Men always show their true colors sooner or later, but I thought you were different. My mistake.
Jamie Wesley, The Time of His Lifebooks
- Do not ever let your guard down. And remember, a monster will always show its true colors eventually.
The Wonton, Cold Ambitions
- It is only when a man’s true colors are recognized behind his pretensions that he drops his pretensions and reveals himself in his true colors.
Shraga Silverstein, Hear My Son
Quotes To Live By
- The rainbow symbolizes showing your true colors, experiencing life as you really are.
Leon Nacson, A Stream of Dreams
- When she’s proved her loyalty, the man’s true colors start to emerge.
Rebecca Winters, Accidentally Yours
- It is said that a man’s true colors show in times of trouble.
MaryAnn Diorio, You Were Made for Greatness!
True Colors Quotes
More Quotes to Inspire