Discouragement Quotes 46 to 68
- “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage.” William E. Channing
- “Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.” Les Brown
- “Often people get discouraged or disillusioned by expecting everyone to instantly see the positive changes they have made. Allow time to work to your advantage.” Catherine Pulsifer, Why Are Some People
- One of the worse things you can do is to listen to those whose only words are those of discouragement or words like ‘I told you that you couldn’t do it’. Words from those who seem to celebrate your defeat rather than your successes are the very same people who often have internalized the fear of failure in their own lives.Byron Pulsifer, Discouraged, Downtrodden, and Anguish
- Quite honestly, I can’t imagine how anyone can say: “I’m weak,” and then remain so. After all, if you know it, why not fight against it, why not try to train your character? The answer was: “Because it’s so much easier not to!” This reply rather discouraged me. Easy? Does that mean that a lazy, deceitful life is an easy life? Oh no, that can’t be true, it mustn’t be true, people can so easily be tempted by slackness… and by money. Anne Frank, The Diary of a young girl Anne Frank
- If you are in a period of discouragement because you are going through a trial and you are asking yourself, ‘Why is this happening to me?’ … Never make a major decision when you are depressed, because at that time your feelings are unreliable and you cannot exercise accurate judgment. Your focus is blurry, and your perspective is distorted. Instead, face the storm head-on and don’t get involved in self-pity. Rick Warren, God’s Answers to Life’s Difficult Questions
- To be discouraged is to view that which is current as acondition that will always be. The process of turning discouragement into renewal and a vision of accomplishment is to utilize aspects of what didn’t yield results into a refined attempt to begin afresh. It is not the world’s problem that discouragement is experienced; it is more that one chooses to allow circumstances to dictate one’s future. Theodore W. Higgingsworth
- When we allow bad times to linger too long in our minds, they become more than just a feeling of defeat. They become a season of discouragement. Jerry Grillo, 7 Strategis Prayers You Should Pray When Feeling Discouraged
- “And, very important, don’t be discouraged if you are unable to reach your goal when you thought you should. Realign, or rethink your action plan and begin again towards achieving your goal or end result.” Byron Pulsifer
- “Sometimes we become distracted, side-tracked, or discouraged while pursuing our dreams, so it’s important to develop a high level of commitment to making our dreams come true right from the start.” Sharon Cook and Graciela Sholander, Dream It Do It
- “You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world’s happiness now. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.” Dale Carnegie
- “So don’t be discouraged when you don’t obtain the things that you want in life, take action, set your goals, keep your attitude positive and success will come to you! It really boils down to your own attitude.” Catherine Pulsifer, A Negative Experience an Opportunity
- “A good leader is someone who is not discouraged or disheartened by failure, and chooses to focus on the next task at hand without letting their failures affect their judgment.” Ross Elkins, Business: Golden Nugget Methods for High Effectiveness
- “So often we have a good idea but we don’t take action. Or, we are discouraged at the challenges that face us. We give up far too easily, we don’t persevere.” Catherine Pulsifer, How I Made My Millions
- “You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot lift the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot establish security on borrowed money. You cannot build character and courage by taking away men’s initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” William Boetcker
- “Don’t let people discourage you from living your dreams.” David DeNotaris
- “If I had permitted my failures, or what seemed to me at the time a lack of success, to discourage me I cannot see any way in which I would ever have made progress.” Calvin Coolidge
- “There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.” Joseph Smith, Jr.
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for…success?
It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure…
You’re thinking of failure as the enemy of success.
But it isn’t at all… You can be discouraged by failure–or you can learn from it.
So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can.
Because, remember that’s where you’ll find success. On the far side.” Thomas John Watson, Sr.
- “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” Lucille Ball
- “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” Thomas Edison
- “Most people are not really conceited, but feel a certain amount of inferiority and tend to get a little discouraged with themselves, therefore encouragement is a very important thing! I do it all the time! I praise everybody for everything they do that I see is good.” David Brandt Berg
Words of Encouragement