21 Culture Quotes
Here is our collection of thought-provoking culture quotes from a variety of inspirational authors.
Culture is at the heart of civilization. It is what most defines us in our communities and can play an important role in our characters. Culture enhances the beauty of many regions in the world and when you immerse yourself within those cultures, you will come to appreciate diverse ways of living. When you embrace different cultures you will learn more than you could ever imagine and your way of living could forever be changed.
- Culture is to people what water is to fish. It is everywhere, it is necessary, we use it to propel ourselves forward and navigate.
Christian Muntean, Conflict and Leadership
Moving Forward Quotes
- Seize opportunities to immerse yourself in other cultures; do so thoughtfully.
Family Medicine: The Classic Papers
- Those who can appreciate culture are those who have matured with the experience of suffering.
Ramaswamy S (TR) Samskruthi (Culture)
- It is out of culture that the substance of real revolutions is made.
Walter Lippmann, Clinton Rossiter, The Essential Lippmann: A Political Philosophy for Liberal
- Freedom is a gift of culture, and culture is the gift of freedom.
W. Julian Korab-Karpowicz Tractatus Politico-Philosophicus
- Culture is what defines us as a community, as a people, and if we’re not careful, as individuals. Culture plays an important role in life.
Adam Butler, Bubblegum Gospel
- I have an awareness of the world around me. I explore and learn about different cultures.
Derek G. Waller, Psychiatry and Neurology E-Book
- I love to hike and travel and see different cultures. I like to get out, walk around, talk to people, watch them do life, and practice all of their customs.
Bob Roberts, Glocalization
- Humans can’t exist without a culture—without culture life would be meaningless.
Joni S. Sancken, Stumbling over the Cross
- Only when we experience different cultures do we realize the immense differences between various cultures and ours.
Tabor Laughlin, China’s Ambassadors of Christ to the Nations
- Culture makes us unique and special. They should also inherit this, but this can happen only if we preserve it.
Nico van Oudenhoven, Rona Jualla van Oudenhoven, Paying it Forward
- A nation’s culture is its soul.
Thornton, R. Gordon, The Southern Nation
- Because culture makes me the person that I am, I value my culture and there is so much that I feel but cannot explain.
Dolores Delgado Bernal, C. Alejandra Elenes, Francisca E. Godinez , Chicana/Latina Education in Everyday Life
- Contact with another culture can lead to reflection on one’s own culture, which then seems less a matter of course.
Bob Elsen, Compass for Intercultural Partnerships
- Personal culture makes us unique, not one’s enemy; One can’t compare their beauty to another’s deformity.
Steven A. Funes, F U N E S
- A people without consciousness of their culture are like a ship without a rudder or wheel in a hurricane or typhoon.
Seeds of Revolution, Iam A. Freeman – African Proverb
- We are all cultural beings able to navigate successfully in our culture, learning about the meaning of the different social groups within it.
Perry R. Hinton, Stereotypes and the Construction of the Social Worldlearn
- Culture, however defined, dictates everything.
Christiansen, Bryan, Handbook of Research on Effective Marketing in Contemporary
- Experiencing and understanding different cultures is the first part of acceptance.
Multiculturalism, syed ali raza
- Much of what individuals assume to be individual “choice” is instead culturally constructed and automatic.
Elsie Jones-Smith, Strengths-Based Therapy
- Cultural differences should not be eradicated because they provide learning opportunities. Understanding cultural differences and why they exist usually goes a long way to avoiding the irritation that they may cause.
Ard-Pieter de Man, Alliances
More Quotes to Inspire