21 Guilt Quotes
Here is our collection of thought-provoking guilt quotes that we hope will help you to do some soul searching.
Guilt is an uncontrollable and often intolerable emotion. Guilt is a good thing in small doses as it is part of what makes us a good person. If we never felt guilty about anything we would be selfish and cold-hearted.Just like anything in life, guilt is about balance. We should ensure that we are feeling guilty for the right reasons and learn to find forgiveness within ourselves, else guilt will eat you up inside!
We hope that by reading these quotes you can find the courage to stop feeling guilty about the small things and be more selfless because for some of us, guilt is a wasted emotion!
- Guilt is one of those emotions that feeds on itself. With every bite it gets a little heavier.
Robert E. Dunn, A Living Grave
- We can’t change the past, yet guilt can tie us down with strings, often causing us to repeat the very behaviors we need to free ourselves from blocking us from seeing new opportunities.
Doc Childre, Deborah Rozman, Overcoming Emotional Chaos
- Guilt is the worst. Absolutely the worst. The feeling is paralyzing, and we often push it down so deep inside of us we’re not even aware it’s there. But the thoughts keep floating through our mind.
Jeanne M. House, Peak Vitality
- In order to divest ourselves of guilt, we need to figure out who it is that is judging us.
Aurora Dawn, The Mind of an Eagle
- Guilt can’t be erased and we can’t escape from it with any strategy. Within the laws of this planet, it has to be paid. One way or another, that guilty soul must pay its karma feeding it.
Robin Sacredfire, The Complete Works of Robin Sacredfire
- We are not built for guilt, and it damages our souls and personalities—even our health.
Joyce Meyer, Living Beyond Your Feelings
- Guilt or the feeling of guilt is our response to the realization that our action was morally wrong and that we are responsible for the consequences of this action.
Janez Juhant, Bojan Žalec, Reconciliation
- Guilt steals our joy, hinders our productivity, interrupts our peace, harms our relationships, and worst of all, makes us self-focused.
Mary Whelchel, Why Do I Always Feel Guilty?
- Guilt is so common that it has become a habit, and a merciless one. Mercy is a response of love and of truth.
Sebastián Blaksley, Choose only Love
- Only when you are able to let go of your guilt will you become able to move forward with your healing process.
Jacqueline Sewell, Detachments
- Being honest about our feelings is the best way to begin. Never allow guilt to rule, because guilt is a wasted emotion.
Victoria Giraud, Pat Sendejas, Live Your Life on Purpose
- Forgive and release yourself of all guilt.
Gayle Schilz, 2021 a New Dawn
- In short, guilt is the fear of being found out and punished.
Daniel Johannes, Louw Wholeness in Hope Care
- Don’t waste your life on regrets and guilt, life is too short.
Blanche Anderson, Elder Wisdom Circle
Life is Too Short
- The only way that guilt can be healed is by facing up to the truth of ignorance. Whatever wrong we did or thought we did can only be avoided in the future if we become enlightened on the issue involved.
Bernard Tyrrell, Christotherapy II
- You honestly believe it is better to serve others first, unaware that “guilt” is the motivator for such “generous” behavior.
Steven T. Griggs, Ph.D., The Psychology of Guilt
- Guilt is the worst enemy of true happiness and selfesteem. It is indeed the worst thing you can ever do to your soul.
Pamela Baron Waldbauer, Revealing You
- I believe that guilt is adaptive and helpful—it’s holding something we’ve done or failed to do up against our values and feeling psychological discomfort.
Allison Krumsiek, Cyber Mobs
- It is okay to feel guilty when you are guilty. It is okay to feel ashamed when you have done something wrong. You are on your way to repentance.
Jean Tobe, Hell No, Not Me
- If you cheat, stop. Second, feel true regret for your error. Feel guilty. Feel the sadness that comes from being something other than your best self. Be sorry for the hurt and the harm you caused.
Steve Leder, More Beautiful Than Before
- Time heals many things, but has little effect on guilt.
More Quotes to Inspire