22 Gypsy Quotes
Here is our collection of gypsy quotes and gypsy proverbs from a variety of wise authors.
Living like a gypsy means you are wild and free. Not conforming to the ‘norm’ means you can be your true self – a free spirit some may say! Gypsies love to be on the road and are the nomads of the world, indulging in new places constantly.
We hope you enjoy reading and relating to these Gypsy quotes!
- Gypsies dream of a world with no borders — today they would like to be in one part of the earth, and tomorrow in another, all in the search for their own identity.
Muharem Serbezovski, Cigani i ljudska prava
- I am a Gypsy. I was born a Gypsy. I decide where I want to go and what I want to do. I’m proud of that. You got to be how you are.
Brian A. Belton, Questioning Gypsy Identity
- I am like a gypsy with no home. I always need to move on.
Evita Mantzavinou, The end of Harlequins
- I feel I am like a gypsy… I am ready to leave at any time to anywhere, without property to keep me from leaving and with dance as my only luggage, the most important companion.
Natasha Hassiotis, Great Choreographers-Interviews
- I am free as a breeze, free like a bird in the woodland wild, free like a gypsy, free like a child.
Elyse Sommer, Similes Dictionary
- Love like a gypsy, dance like a gypsy, Smile like a gypsy, God loves a gypsy!
Norma Jean Campanaro, Reflections
- Gypsies live for the present and are incapable of the kind of application and effort shown by normal citizens.
Dimitra Gefou-Madianou, Alcohol, Gender and Culture
- I believe we all have a gypsy spirit, filled with desire, passion, life, vibrancy, energy, confidence, and flow. Your gypsy spirit is the embodiment of your essence and what makes you, YOU!
Andrea B. Riggs, Gypsy Living
- Gypsies always know more than they let on, my brothers.
Fred Wiehe, Night Songs
- The real gypsies are happy, doubtless, as the nomads of the world’s childhood.
Cesar Grana, On Bohemia
- Despite the disappointing outcomes, I persist in trying to click with something or someone, wandering like a gypsy in search of her true tribe.
Jane Christmas, What the Psychic Told the Pilgrim
- Anybody who has really had the experience of Divine Love, whether they live in a house or not, whether they travel or not, is living like a gypsy, from state to state, hour to hour.
Andrew Harvey, The Way of Passion
- The combination of wanderlust with the happy, free, dancing spirit within made the gypsy in me all the more obvious.
Kimberly Thompson, Gypsy Phoenix
- Of all the feelings which the Gypsy reveals in his music, pain is the most vivid; pride, the most prominent!
Arthur Friedheim, Life and Liszt
- Gypsies are the human types of this vanishing, direct love of nature, of this mute sense of rural romance.
Gordon Brotherston, and of al fresco life
- I’ve always wanted to run away from the rat race and live like a gypsy.
J Dori Callahan, Push Back Time
- Dog that travels finds bones.
Prosper Mérimée, Carmen
- Gypsy gold does not chink or glitter; it gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark.
Charley Marsh, Gypsy Gold
- Where should a gypsy go if not to her kin?
Barbara Casey, The Cadence of Gypsies
- Bury me standing up, I’ve been on my knees all my life.
R.A. Wise, Wise Quotes of Wisdom
- Love your horse more than your wife; she may leave you without warning, but a good horse never will.
A French Gypsy proverbMichael Dregni, Django
- You should beware of your neighbors but strangers will not harm you.
Stephen P. Matava, Legacy of the Priest
More Quotes to Inspire
3 thoughts on “22 Gypsy Quotes, Inspirational Words of Wisdom”
Your page is soon to be one of my favorite sources
for insight on this topic.
Your blog is a superb guide for anyone looking for information on this subject,
and I recommend it enthusiastically.
Your blog entry showcased your mastery on this topic, and it has aid me in others’ future research and exploration.