29 Greed Quotes For When enough is not enough!
Be inspired by our collection of greed quotes. Greed is a selfish desire to have more than you need. Greed corrupts the minds of even the strongest people; it has been referred to as a disease by many for a good reason! We are all guilty of it, don’t worry, but the key is to manage your greed, realize when you are wanting for more, and curb it right there before you allow it to take charge. I mean, seriously, you should see me when I’m ordering a takeaway; my wife often has to vet the order and remove half of it before I end up eating myself into a coma.
It takes self-control and lots of it! Financial greed is a different story. We work hard for our money, and we save in case we might fall on hard times. That is not considered greedy in my books; that’s smart. But there does come a point when you can get too rich, and there does become a time when you need to share with others, realizing that is super important in the battle against greed!
Having more than we need only increases the need for more!
Published by: Ben Gillison
- No heroic act is motivated by greed.
Philip John Miller, Onwords and Upwords
- Fear and Greed are mirror images of each other.
Singh Shuchita & Bahi Shilpa, Behavioural Finance
- Possession is a great spiritual reward of greed for the flesh.
Anonymous Samaritan, The Essence of Faith
- Greed makes man blind and foolish, and makes him easy prey for death.
- Greed makes man indulge; man in indulgence cannot but be a sin.
Anonymous Samaritan, The Essence of LOVE
Quotes to Live by
- Greed makes man hungry for power and fear makes man afraid of losing it.
Neil Ray, The Philosophy of Zoibortikism
- Greed makes man poor in this life, for the abundance of this world does not make him rich.
The Theosophical Movement
- Greed seeks to satisfy self interest only.
W. Doyle Gentry, Ph.D., Happiness for Dummies
- When greed, selfishness, and personal pleasure supersede, any society is subject to collapse.
Debra Jean Anderson, Hope, Intolerance, and Greed
- Greed alters our sense of priorities.
Jay Ghosh, The Science of Happiness
- All hardships in life arise from greed and desire.
Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds
- When one is greedy for more, one should instead be grateful for what one has already.
Ron Hall, Secundum Naturam (According to Nature)
- Greed dominates all other human sentiments, greed is the master, and the others are the slaves.
Ferry Frank, Greed
- Money is not the root of all evil, greed is.
Philip John Miller, Onwords and Upwords
- Greed tends to be solitary, miserly, because there is something about Greed that puts us in competition with our neighbors and ultimately in alienation from them.
William H. Willimon, Sinning Like a Christian
- Greed is a kind of philosophical confusion, a misunderstanding of what one really wants—a secure sense of oneself and the respect of others.
Robert C. Solomon, A Passion for Justice
- Greed is powerful, nasty, classless, and alas, universal.
Mike Moore, Saving Globalization
- Greed has the ability to blind a person, making wrong seem right, and vice versa.
Shannon Holmes, B-More Careful
- By following the way of mindfulness, by training ourselves to keep still and pause in the attitude of bare attention, we refuse to take up the world’s persistent challenge to our dispositions for greed or hatred.
Nyanaponika Thera, The Vision of Dhamma
- Greed is the pursuit of money, wealth and power at the expense of others.
Charles Carradine, Building Wealth and Eliminating Debt
- Although one can do many good deeds through greed, they are only partially good because they are based on the defiling love of the self.
Yin-shun, The Way to Buddhahood
- I believe greed is actually measured by what it costs you, not by what you have.
Jimmy Houston, Catch of the Day
- I believe greed is the single biggest problem we face as a society today. It is at the root of so many of the problems—from a broken political system, to a dysfunctional family structure, and everything in between.
Pete Luongo, 10 Truths about Leadership
- The problem with greed is unless there is someone to warn you about it, it will creep up on you; and before you know, it has you hook, line, and sinker.
Joseph Lacerenza, Man, Greed, And the Economy
Be True To Yourself
- The spirit of greed has taken over our business world, our political world, our religious world — even our families.
Sad Life Quotes
- A strange greed has taken hold of our soul and our humanity, a great sense of anxiety gnaws at us, there is emptiness in our multitude and we feel the chill of the grave about us.
Gustave Flaubert, Delphi Complete Works of Gustave Flaubert
- Once greed has taken root in the heart, a man will be drawn in by selfish desire, his head will be turned by greed and he will become weak, stupid, cruel and corrupt. The treasure of selflessness, however, will last a lifetime.
Hong Yingming, The Art of Living Chinese Proverbs and Wisdom
- You see, a man who is rich in faith would never steal anything, would never be covetous or greedy since he possesses all things.
Pastor Edmund Danilo Auguis, Two Masters
- Greed cuts in line, greed doesn’t give when it should, and greed always wants more. Enough is never enough where greed is concerned.
Elisabeth Bennett, The Thinker
One line Quotes On Life
More Quotes to Inspire