23 Ability Quotes
Let these Ability Quotes inspire and motivate you.In life, we all have the ability to choose our actions. Some of these actions will be akin to automatic responses, and some of them conscious, deliberate actions.
Our trajectory in life is not governed by our ability but by our willingness to strive. We must remember that we’ve all been gifted with a life and the sovereign uniqueness of a soul. We’re unique but we’re not alone.
So it’s not enough to be ‘very good’ if we have the ability to be truly ‘great’. We’ve all known people who are blessed with fantastic natural talent or ability. Someone might have natural advantages of looks, upbringing or smarts, and that can get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there and truly live up to your potential. We all have ability. Ability is what we are capable of doing. Motivation helps drive the actions we take. Our ability to perceive more than one angle, or viewpoint of something, makes us a person of strength and balance.
Let us rejoice in our abilities and know that we can always get better, and improve over time. Let this be our mantra: I am able. I have ability. I will let that ability shine.
- You have the ability to choose your actions. You have been gifted with life and soul.
Ramon Luis, Catch The Wave
We all have the ability to choose how we respond to stimuli. Our response might be instant, or it might take time for us to respond. But whether our actions are conscious or subconscious, we are alive and have been given a soul. To truly live, we must be in the moment and understand our actions are ours to choose from. Making them conscious is how we mature as adults.
- It’s not enough to be very good if you have the ability to be great.
Pam Farrel, The 10 Best Decisions a Woman Can Make
I love this quote because it makes me think of the very well (over!?) used simile: “From small acorns grow mighty oaks.” We all have the potential for greatness. We all have natural talents and abilities. We should know that no matter what, we should live up to our potential, not the expectations of others.
- Ability will get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
Norm Stewart, George Scholz, Basketball
Character is where the rubber hits the road. Character gives you staying power and resilience. Character is who you are when no one else is looking. If you integrate yourself with your true character, you can (and will!) get to the top.
- Ability is what we are capable of doing. Motivation determines what we do, what actions we take.
Let’s Talk About Varsity
If you do the thing, you can then feel the motivation. It’s often that case that people get those two things reversed. You should DO the first task and then you’ll FEEL the motivation. Your abilities are not limited, and your motivation is governed by you. Get cognisant of what drives you and make sure your abilities can shine because of your motivation, not in spite of it.
- Our ability to see more than one angle or standpoint of something makes us a person of strength and balance.
Vayne Thomas, Someone Is Looking for Your Voice and Creativity
I love this quote because it reminds me that you have to (as the road sign says) ‘look both ways’. To keep the balance in life, we have to see things from other people’s point of view. We need to look at things on the ‘rotisserie of our brains’, turning it over and over to see each side of a problem or a challenge. That’s how you build a strong character.
- Ability will get you what you most desire. Friends and associations will come with success.
Harvard Illustrated Magazine
- You have the ability to get out of the mess you are in. You have the ability to transform your home, your job, your family and your way of life.
Harry R. Jr. Jackson, You Were Born for More
- You feel growing within you a realization of the fact that you have the ability to handle any situation that you may meet.
Gustave Sorensen, The Hypnosis Guide
- You have the ability to attain a sense of self-perfection by taking the initiative in actively serving others.
Jan Spiller, Karen McCoy, Spiritual Astrology
- If you have the ability either to deliver positive consequences or to remove negative ones, you will be more likely to get another person to comply with your requests.
Teri Kwal Gamble, Michael W. Gamble, Interpersonal Communication
- Technical skill is the ability to perform specialised tasks; human skill is the ability to work well and through other people; and conceptual skills is the ability to analyse and solve complex problems.
David Gamage, Professional Development
- Empathy is the ability to recognize, understand, and appreciate what others may be feeling and thinking. It is the ability to view the world through another person’s eyes.
Steven J. Stein, Howard E. Book, The EQ Edge
- The ability to empathise is the ability to see beyond assumptions that you have grown up with .
- Illumination is our ability to see ourselves and the world as God intends.
Steve Harper, Fresh Wind Blowing
- Our ability to overcome failure and difficult situations is found in the unrivaled and unlimited power of the living God
Gavin Anthony, The Refiner’s Fire
- We measure our freedom by our ability to overcome limiting conditions.
Shannon Winnubst, Queering Freedom
- No other known thing can engage in reason the way human beings do. This ability is what makes us special. It is our hallmark quality.
- Effort, not innate ability, is what often distinguishes successful people.
Donna Wilson, Marcus Conyers, Five Big Ideas for Effective Teaching
- Your ability to prosper depends upon your ability to develop by keeping abreast with the times. The man with a spade cannot keep a pace with the man with the gang plow .
Monumental News; (old quote from 1919)
- Value your ability to perceive well and to communicate well with others. This ability does not develop without your time, your interest, and your effort.
Maureen O’Brien Flaherty, Communications and Relationships in Nursing
- My ability to stay in the present has been a useful tool in every area of my life, allowing me to find joy in almost every day.
Julie Clark Robinson, Live in the Moment
- Ability is what distinguishes the expert from the proficient performer.
Mary Koloroutis, Relationship-Based Care
- Language, more than any other single ability, is what distinguishes us from all other species. Children in all cultures acquire their mother tongue without the need of formal instruction.
Anthony D. Pellegrini, David F. Bjorklund, Applied Child Study
More Quotes to Inspire