67 God Quotes
Inspiring and uplifting God quotes from people of all walks of life and people who at difference crossroads in their journey with Him. Let thesequotations remind you of His character of love and mercy. Our life is not without trials but God gives us strength to face the challenging times. His Love for us is beyond words and He will deliver us from any pain or anguish we go through, we must only let Him in. God has helped me through all of my lifes problems, he hears my prayers everytime i need Him, and for that i could never thank Him enough. When my time is up on this beautiful earth I look forward to being embraced in His love in heaven as he has given me on earth.
Published by: Ben Gillison and Catherine Pulsifer
- Man has to start with something and then develop it – he cannot ever make anything from nothing, only God can do that and call forth the creation. Margaret Weston, How Do I Know God?
- Yet as I read the birth stories about Jesus I cannot help but conclude that though the world may be tilted toward the rich and powerful, God is tilted toward the underdog. Philip Yancey
- There is nothing you could ever do that would change the way God feels about you. John Burke, Imagine Heaven Devotional
- Only God gives true love: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.Larry Davis, When Will We Say Enough Is Enough
(John 3:16 KJV)
- God is love. God proved His love not by His need of us, but by His giving to us. T. D. Jakes, Hope for Every Moment
- A high view of God and a low view of man affects how a church views salvation, not principally for the sake of man, but for the glory of God.Jeffrey D. Johnson, The Church: Why Bother?
- So at least let me briefly state that the Bible is not man’s best thoughts about God, but rather-and there is ample evidence-the Bible is in fact God’s thoughts on paper. Michael Fabarez, Raising Men, Not BoysQuotes About God’s Word The Bible
- Many people forget – or don’t even know – that our God is also the magnificent Creator of marriage. June Hunt, Marriage: To Have and to Hold
- The connection you share with Father God matters more than any other relationship you have. Tasha K Douglas, My Beautiful Daughter
- “The ‘otherness’ of God is mind boggling. It is incomprehensible for us. He is so unlike us that it should inspire wonder and awe – and yet He became like us to rescue our souls. It is good for us to meditate on His greatness, knowing that we will never fully understand Him.” Michael Garland, The Lifted Veil
- “When you decide to spend time with God in prayer and studying His word, patience and energy are paramount here as well.” Pauline Creeden, 101 Faith Notes
- “He is the same God, yesterday, today, and forever. He is our heavenly Father who is merciful, kind, and full of compassion.” Vincent KMC, One Book: Where Do We Go From Here?
- “Whether it is the big picture of God that is distorted, or little tidbits of Him that have been twisted over the years, we need to make sure our definition of God is in line with Scripture.” Michelle Lynn Brown, The Trampled Rose Devotional
Words of Encouragement
- Don’t blame God for the suffering in this world! Blame human beings for personally choosing the path leading to heartache and sorrow. Robert H. Schuller
- “God allows rejection to come into our lives so that we may have the painful privilege of sharing in the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings.” Frank Viola, God’s Favorite Place on Earth
- Value what you have and who you are. God didn’t make you purely to receive and experience problems. Faith Starr, Stop Self-Sabotaging and Shift your Paradigm to Success
- People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Jesus, Matthew 4:4
Quotes About God’s Word The Bible
- God’s word is tailor-made for gray-slush days. It sends a beam of light through the fog. It signals safety when we fear we’ll never make it through. Charles R. Swindoll, Great Attitudes for Graduates!
- Every Christian would agree that a man’s spiritual health is exactly proportional to his love for God. C. S. Lewis, Preparing for Easter
- I think God puts ideas of desire, faith, love, joy and peace in the subconscious mind, even if they sometimes they get trampled on by those negative thoughts of fear, pride, jealousy, greed or hate. Richard Massafra, The Invisible Marriage Counselor
- God knows your heart and is not concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart. Jeanette Duby, Bridge to Grace
- Even though God gave mankind through the power of choice the ability to apply and accept wisdom and knowledge, He also gave us the choice whether to accept His ways along with wisdom and knowledge. Carol Bright, Determined Means
- Do not be thinking of how little you have to bring God, but of how much He wants to give you. Andrew Murray, Lord, Teach Us To Pray
Quote of The Day
- If we could understand how near God is to us, and how easy it is to “practice His Presence” how different our lives would be! It seems that we are too busy doing things FOR Him, to do things WITH Him. James W. Goll, The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence
- Be the light to the world that God created you to be. Show the world Jesus’ love in every action you take, and every word you speak. Nicole L Rivera, Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone
- But when our Lord shed his blood on the cross, He did not cry vengeance!! Instead He cried: “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23: 34). Mathew Sunny, The Blessed Christian Walk
- One must be open to receiving God’s Word and the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. This is what it means to have ‘ears to hear.’ Dan Delzell, What Would Jesus Say to Churches Today?
- God hears you when you cry out in your difficult circumstances and His answer is yes!Linda J. Kemp Revis, Spiritual Victory Over Circumstances
- We are finite beings, and God is infinitely greater than any thoughts we can contain about divine reality in our wondrous but tiny minds. Miroslav Volf, Free of Charge
- You can’t understand why the road doesn’t get easier, why God doesn’t remove the stones and straighten the path. If God did that, you might never get to the top, because the bumps are what you can climb on. Warren W. Wiersbe, The Bumps Are What You Climb On
- There’s never a day that goes by that I don’t think about God. More than thinking, I experience the presence of God in most of my waking moments. Wayne Dyer, 21 Days to Master Success and Inner Peace
- When people are expecting God to bring revival in the way they have known in the past but it actually comes in a totally different form, it seems easy for them to reject it. David Herzog, Living in the Glory Every Day
- When we finally see what God has called us to do, we can look back and realize that our past is the key to unlocking the ‘door’ to our purpose. E’yen A Gardner, Chosen One
- By creating the Holy Spirit, God provided a way to bring His Voice to each of His children as they went out into the world so that they could always remember the Truth of Who and What they are. DavidPaul Doyle; Doyle, Candace, The Voice for Love
- The Preaching of the gospel is a great opportunity to share with the people of God some wonderful and enriching insights that shed a tremendous light unveiling the truths of God. Dr Joseph R Rogers Sr, Christmas Sermons S
- The Christmas color of red isn’t random; it is the color of the blood that flowed from the wounds of Jesus Christ as He died for the sins of the world, making available to you the greatest gift you could ever receive in a billion times a billion years. Greg Laurie, Red The Color of Christmas
- There are two kinds of people in this world – those who are made of the essence of God and KNOW that they are one with this Essence and those who are made of the essence of God but do not know it. Lateef Terrell Warnick, Know Thyself
- In our trials and failures, God desires to draw us closer to him through his Word, prayer, and the saints. Gregory Brown, Philippians: Pursuing Spiritual Maturity
- All through Scripture the heavens are associated with the dwelling place of God, and it is clear that we should seek to dwell where God dwells. Gerald Flurry, Daniel Unlocks Revelation
- God chose Mary for many reasons, but many are left wondering why He picked a women as young, poor, and vulnerable as Mary. Perhaps it was to demonstrate that God sees everyone as equals, and there is no class distinction when it comes to Kingdom matters. Sarah Lawrence, Mary Mother Of Jesus
- Living for God requires that we yield our thoughts to Him. Meaning every thought should be filtered through the Father. Lynn R. Davis, I Am Positive
Inspirational Quotes about Life
- God’s messengers come in all sizes, all colors, and all ages – male and female. We’re all called to the ministry of reconciliation. Nan Jones, The Perils of a Pastor’s Wife
- Too often we rush into God’s presence and ask for things, without first pausing to worship Him. Josh Hunt, The Great Books — Knowing God
- In order to become all God wants us to be, we have to free ourselves from any unrealistic expectations we have placed on ourselves. Jason E. Royle, Jesus vs. Santa
- Praying for a long time, using many words or repetition doesn’t mean we are more likely to get God’s attention. I really don’t know why we feel that God will hear us more clearly like that. This Scripture makes it clear that it’s not about words, length or repetition, because God knows anyway. Rob White, Teach us to Pray
- The final words of the Savior were words of His human needs;He hung on the cross to save others, the greatest commitment indeed. Greta Zwaan, Christ’s Journey
- You should be courageous, not because of who you are and what you’ve done, but because of who God is and what He has done! Wayne A. Mack, Courage: Fighting Fear with Fear
- Whatever I may know about God, I won’t really know God personally until I spend time with Him and depend on Him. Renee Swope, Encouragement for Today
- O thou, by whom we come to God,
the Life, the Truth, the Way;
the path of prayer thyself hast trod:
Lord, teach us how to pray!
James Montgomery, The Soul’s Sincere Desire
- God said that when we have His joy that our joy would be full or leveled up, in other words that His joy will satisfy us. Sahne Callahan, Joy Through Presence
- We have been wired for success – living in God’s image and walking in His divine characteristics – but we have been programmed for failure! James B. Richards, Wired for Success, Programmed for Failure
- The vehicle for gaining intimacy with God as a Christian is regular communication with God. We are to listen to God as he speaks to us through his Word, and we are to respond to God with our honest thoughts, feelings, and decisions. Dr. Gary Chapman, Now You’re Speaking My Language
- God’s word is not just to be heard and repeated; it is to be breathed, lived, and emulated with each action. Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
- At Bethlehem God struck a blow to liberate the world from sin and death. And his front line soldier was a tiny baby boy. Ray Pritchard, Joy to the World!
- As children of God, we need genuine compassion for others, even those with whom we may not necessarily be able to relate or with whom we don’t have shared experience. Shari Howerton, Breaking the Chains
- No one is perfect, and we all understand that, but when we decide to make that lifelong commitment, we need to weigh the cost and know God is holding us accountable for the commitments we make. Dr. Kenton D. Wiley, I Know I’m Married But. . .
- With the help of the Holy Spirit you can then evaluate not only the things of man but also the things of God – not just the how but the why. Brian Johnston, Windows to Faith
- Man approaches God most nearly when he is in one sense least like God. For what can be more unlike than fullness and need, sovereignty and humility, righteousness and penitence, limitless power and a cry for help? C. S. Lewis, Preparing for Easter
- The motion of God will help you to choose to create rather than react.Debra Ann, Messaging
- Jesus’s command to follow him is a command to align our loves and longings with his – to want what God wants, to desire what God desires, to hunger and thirst after God and crave a world where he is all in all -a vision encapsulated by the shorthand “the kingdom of God.” James K. A. Smith, You Are What You Love
- The truth is that God is the source of all goodness and good things: “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above.” (James 1:17, NASB).Kevin Gerald, Good Things
God Is Good
- People say that God doesn’t speak directly to us, but I know that if you want to hear what God is saying to you, all you have to do is ask.Jodi Arndt, Little Moments Big God
Christian Quotes about Life
- We’re influenced by the preachers and sermons we hear. God speaks to us through them. Rob Westbrook, Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors
- God my light, let my candle burn.
So all can see and live and learn.
Lord, never let me hide this flame.
So I can be with you in Jesus’s name.
Jason Kirk Bartley, God My Light
Poems of Faith
- God promises there are better days ahead.Dr. Ted A. Duck, His Hands, His Feet, and His Voice
- When Paul speaks about the gospel of God, he is not saying that it is a message about God, but that it is a message that belongs to God. R.C.Sproul, What is the Great Commission?
Top 10 God Quotes
- So don’t blame God for disasters – wars are not started by Him;
Blame the leaders of nations, those who have made life so grim.
Greta Zwaan, In The Trenches
Veterans Day Poems
God Quotes Page 2
Quotes About God’s Word The Bible
More Quotes to Encourage and Inspire