29 Meaning of Life Quotes
Be inspired by our collection of quotes about the meaning of life. What is the meaning of life? To be rich and successful? I don’t think so. I think the meaning of life is the people around you, that annoying sibling that won’t leave you alone, or the caring grandmother that helps pick you up when you’re down in life’s dumps. But that’s the real beauty of the question, it’s different for every single one of us. There are no right or wrong answers and it’s all down to what you believe and feel is the purpose of your journey.
Life can throw you many curveballs but always try to keep in mind the true meaning of your existence, keep in sight what your fighting for, and what really matters to you. If I could give you one piece of advice then it would be this; life is what you make it and if you ever find yourself struggling to find purpose then look around and find the beauty in your everyday life.
- If we believe our lives are meaningful then so they are. And if we think they lack meaning, then again our verdict carries the day.
Christopher Belshaw, The Value and Meaning of Life
- Hence, a life with no end beyond itself may well be a very meaningful one.
Iddo Landau, Finding Meaning in an Imperfect World
- Meaning is all we have in a world of attitude.
Frederick Miller, Properties of Feelings
- We cannot find the meaning of life when we look for it, because we are the meaning itself.
Alexander Durig, Autism and the Crisis of Meaning
- The meaning of life is to live with God and have him live his life through us.
Sheridan Voysey, Resilient: Your Invitation to a Jesus-Shaped Life
- For me, a part of the meaning of life is to enjoy life – that treasure given to us – but also to help others.
Lorenzo J. Torres Hortelano, Directory of World Cinema: Spain
- The more directly one aims to maximize pleasure and avoid pain, the more likely one is to produce instead a life bereft of depth, meaning and community.
Emily Esfahani Smith, The Power of Meaning: The true route to happiness
- The meaning of life may only be revealed to us at the end of time, in the form of a Messiah who seems to be taking his time arriving.
Terry Eagleton, The Meaning of Life: A Very Short Introduction
- The meaning of life is whatever yours means to you.
Jed McKenna, Jed Mckenna’s Theory of Everything: The Enlightened Perspective
- Focus on the meaning of your life and how you can enjoy and praise the gift of life that has been bestowed upon you. Live life to the fullest and give thanks.
Attila J. Juhasz, The Logical Meaning of God
- Although a life’s meaning is quintessentially personal and individual, meaning itself is fundamentally social.
Tom Vander Ark, Emily Liebtag, Meanings of Life
- And above all, remember that the meaning of life is to build a life as though it were a work of art.
The Jewish Week and the American Examiner
- The meaning of life for every living thing is to fulfill its potential.
Sei Lebese, Knowledge Is Power
- I believe the meaning of life is to find your true, unique purpose, so that you add value to humanity and therefore help evolve our species.
Rob Moore, Life Leverage
- Love is the meaning of the whole. We are all notes in God’s symphony.
Peter Kreeft, Three Philosophies of Life
- The meaning of life is univeral.
Ryan Glidden Good Being, Good Living
- Unless man finds the meaning of life, the true purpose of life, he will continue to struggle and be miserable.
air, The Ultimate Goal of Life MEN- Moksha Enlightenment Nirvana
- Because we don’t understand the true meaning of Life we live with misfortune, with misery and strife rather we must go on a quest, the Truth to find And be Enlightened about Ego, Body and Mind.
AIR, Life is
- The meaning of life is revealed to those who are ready to accept the things which will be revealed.
Peter Sekirin, Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom
- In the end truth is limited by our imperfect senses and intellect and to attempt to use our intellect to understand the meaning of life and the nature of everything is like trying to fix a watch with a sledge hammer.
Mike Jones, Skydivers Guide
- The question life asks us, and in answering which we can realize the meaning of the present moment, does not only change from hour to hour but also changes from person to person: the question is entirely different in each moment for every individual.
Viktor E. Frankl, Yes to Life: In Spite of Everything
- When we lose the person who is nearest and dearest to us, we may discover that the meaning of life was bound up with that person to a greater extent than we had supposed.
Anthony Storr, Solitude: A Return to the Self
- A person cannot have complete understanding of the meaning of life. A person can only know its direction.
Peter Sekirin, Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom: Daily Thoughts to Nourish the Soul
- The true meaning of ‘Life’ is to give life a meaning.
Dr.Rajan Pandey, The Book of Life: A Journey of Self-Discovery
Life is Beautiful
- To suppose, then, that a life after death would provide life with a meaning it would otherwise not have is mistaken. Life must be finite to have meaning, and if finite life can have meaning, then this life can have meaning.
Julian Baggini, What’s It All About?: Philosophy and the Meaning of Lifedeath
- The real meaning of life is to live it for a purpose. You also need to be simple and avoid being tempted with the glamorous and luxurious way of living.
J.D. Rockefeller, The Life of Mahatma Gandhisimplicity
- Leave your comfort zone and stretch toward your true potential. To live a meaningful life we must push outside your comfort zone.
Yomi Akinpelu, Blow the Cap off your Capability: Be Unstoppable
- An ethic of authenticity teaches us that in order to live a meaningful life we must live a fulfilled life, and fulfillment means discovering and ultimately pursuing the values, ideals, and talents that are unique to us as individuals.
Carl Elliott, Tod Chambers, Prozac as a Way of Life
- The true meaning of life is to be discovered in the world rather than within man or his psyche.
Carla Martins, Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Older Adults: Evidence
More Quotes to Inspire