33 Sympathy Quotes
Sometimes it is difficult to find the right words. Let these sympathy quotes be ones to offer comfort, condolence and thoughts for the loss of a loved one.
- Nothing will ever take away our memories. May your memories be onesthat give you comfort and reminders of happier times.Catherine Pulsifer
- Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss.Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
- Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May the blessings of love be upon you,
May its peace abide with you,
May its essence illuminate your heart,
Now and forever moreA Blessing
- While we are sad, and we will surely miss.But we are thankful for the time we had and all the happiness.
- Not only today, but always remember that we love and care about you.
- With thoughts of peace and courage for you and your family.
- When there are no words to say, but know that I’m always here for you.Danielle Duckery, Words For The Occasion
Quote of the Day
- Your loved one is now resting don’t fill your life with tearsLet your memories bring you comfort remember all the good years.
- May God be with you and give you comfort. May He wrap His armsaround you and give you peace and hope. May He fill you with strength, andmay you feel His love.Catherine Pulsifer
- Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel we for andyour family. We are here to help, support, and do whatever you need done.
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,love leaves a memory no one can steal.Written on a Headstone in Ireland
- He spake well who said that graves are the footprints of angels.Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- As you grieve, remember the words of this poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye, reminding us that our loved ones are with God:
Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on the snow.
I am the sunlight that ripened grain; I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush,
Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there. I did not die
- If the future seems overwhelming, remember that it comes one momentat a time.Beth Mende Conny
- May your memories give you strength. Our prayers are with you.
- Extend sympathy, empathy and compassion to others.Vishnu, Seven Sacred Promises
- It is by a wise economy of nature that those who suffer without change,and whom no one can help, become uninteresting.Yet so it may happen that those who need sympathy themost often attract it the least.F. H. Bradley
- However you choose to show sympathy – that you know someone isexperiencing a loss and that you care – is almost always betterthan saying and doing nothing. Your response, whether verbal, written,or visual, provides an indication that you care about other people.
Carol Fredericks Ebeling, What to Say
- There is something terribly morbid in the modern sympathy with pain.One should sympathise with the colour, the beauty, the joy of life.The less said about life’s sores the better.Oscar Wilde
- Sympathy extended to another is the expression of thehuman heart demontrating that love is true and wholesome.Byron R. Pulsifer
- When a child or young person dies, friends and family members usuallyfocus their sympathy and support on the parents of the child who died.Next to be comforted are the siblings of the child who died. Grievinggrandparents, on the other hand, are often neglected or forgotten.Alan D. Wolfelt, Healing a Grandparent’s Grieving Heart
- Write a sympathy note full of memories. Perhaps you have a special memoryfrom a visit or a past holiday you can mention.You can also relay any funny anecdotes you rememberfrom school or teen years, or holidays or work. Sharing memoriesfor the family is a lovely thing to do. Sometimes the familylearn new things about their loved one that they never knew.Elizabeth Postle, Sample Sympathy Messages and Quotes: Condolence Sentiments
- You must look forward because if you don’t, you’ll be stuck. You’llbecome a victim who longs for sympathy and you wouldn’t want to go there.Noel Rosos, From Garbage to Gold
- While we are mourning the loss of our friend,others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.John Taylor
- One half of the pleasure experienced at a theatre arises fromthe spectator’s sympathy with the rest of the audience, and, especiallyfrom his belief in their sympathy with him.Edgar Allan Poe
- When you find yourself alone and hurting, nearly total strangers will offer their advice and help and encouragement.Women are the caregivers and they really do care. Amazing contacts are made – in the grocery check-out line, at the bank teller,with the neighbor down the street. They listen with sympathy and compassion and they all have bits of advice for you. Heed them.Jill Charlotte Stanford, Going it alone: Advice, comments, and sympathy for women over 50 who find themselves alone
- The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the familyrelation should be one uniting working people of all nationsand tongues and kindred’s.Abraham Lincoln
- One day He’ll give us the answers to questions that now plague our mind,
When our journey on earth has been ended, and our hardships are all left behind.
Greta Zwaan, By and By
- Time does not heal all wounds; it makes coping with the losseasier but the heart never fully recovers.Robbie Miller Kaplan, How to Say It When You Don’t Know What to Say
- Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell.Joni Mitchell
- You can help your loved one through their grief journey bybeing there for them. By showing them how much you care andare thinking of them.Michelle Pommells, The Etiquette of Sympathy: How to Encourage Hurting Loved Ones and Friends
- Grief is very personal to each of us and so there can be noone method to help all; but if one message or one phrase canbring a gentle peace of mind and heart to those feeling grief’s sorrow,then that is a good thing to hope for.E.E.D Horton We Speak Comfort In Grief
- Ignorance should not be tolerated. It isn’t worthy of our understandingor sympathy.Ethan Hunter, Maya Angelou: 24 Powerful Lessons And Insights From Maya Angelou
Quotes About Offering Sympathy