20 Old Friends Quotes
Be inspired by our collection of Old Friends quotes that will resonate with you. Feel free to share with that special ‘Old friend’ of yours.
An old friend is somebody who, no matter how long it has been since you last saw each other or even since you last spoke, will feel like you haven’t spent five minutes apart. We all have that one person we can call up in times of trouble, who knows us inside and out and has a particular way of putting our minds at ease. Old friends are incredibly special as they have survived the test of time and often endured rocky patches.
The memories you and your old friend share are like precious diamonds that will never fade and shine forever if treasured. Old friends are those we can talk with for hours or sit comfortably in silence alongside.
With old friends, we feel no pressure to be somebody we are not and can be free of judgment, just the same old you! So no matter where you go in life, if you have your old friends at the end of the phone, consider them a gift and cherish them!
Published by: Ben Gillison
- Old friends don’t only know the real you, they prefer it.
Martha Bolton, Didn’t My Skin Used to Fit?
Be Yourself Quotes
- Old friends are like old habits. There comes a point where it doesn’t matter any more whether you like them, they’re what you’ve got.
Peter Wolfe, Simon Gray Unbound: The Journey of a Dramatist
- Old friends are like old sneakers — always comfortable.
Djamel Ouis, Humorous Wit
- New friends are fine but old friends are like gold and new friends are like silver, the old friends are more precious so remember never lose contact.
R. Alexander Brown, Up from Harlem: A Pictorial Autobiography
- Old friends are like extra memory banks, amplifying and augmenting our own ability to recall the past.
Craig Nagel, A Sense of Wonder: More Moments from an Ordinary Life
- Old friends are like wine — they grow much sweeter and more valuable as they get older. And they are irreplaceable.
Ron Hale-Evans, Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain
- Old friends are like shadows, they’re beside you if you fall. Then gently ease you up again and they’re the best of all.
Beth Scott, JE James, Illustrator, rhythmic Rhymes of Remembrance
- Old friends are like old memories, with sweet tales of our young days.
Robin Soo, China Unicorn Memoirs
- An old friend will not hesitate to tell you when you are in the wrong and help you to live up to your true and better self.
Daniel Crump Buchanan, Japanese Proverbs and Sayings
- We meet an old friend and relish laughing about endearing times we have spent together.
Diana Lobel, Philosophies of Happiness
- This is the magic of talking to an old friend. It is the tonic that will cure the melancholic heart because at least for a while, the present becomes insignificant and unimportant.
Mukhriz Izraf Azman Aziz, Treasury of Moral Values
Follow Your Heart
- When put to the test, old friends are best.
Wolfgang Mieder, Dictionary of American Proverbs
- Old friends are like old records, songs and photo albums. You don’t go to them every day. However, once in a while, you do enjoy listening and looking at them over a drink.
Satish C. Bhatnagar, Epsilons and Deltas of Life
- Old friends remind us of who we were and who we wanted to be.
Miriam Goodman, Reinventing Retirement
- If anything, old friends are like the beating of your heart. You don’t always count each beat, and you often take it for granted, But without it…
Bethany Turner, Plot Twist
Love And Friendship
- Old friends are reminders of old journeys; they keep us grounded in the soil of our yesterdays while urging us on into tomorrow.
Anne Rowthorn, The Liberation of the Laity
- Old friends, like parents, remember embarrassing things from your past.
Soo-Inn Tan, Thinking on the Run
- Old friends, like family, are a valuable asset. You have a shared past as well as affection, trust, and understanding.
Philip Selby, Live Better, Live Longer
- May old friends never be forgotten for new ones. May friendship be enlivened by good-humour, but never wounded by wit. May the difference of opinion never divide friends.
Quaver, The Quaver; or, Songster’s pocket companion
- Old tunes are sweetest, and old friends are surest.
Short Friendship Quotes
Old Friend Quotes
More Quotes to Inspire