25 Cancer Quotes
If you are looking for some inspirational, motivational, and wise cancer quotes for you or somebody you love then look no further. We have compiled a list of inspirational quotes that you may be able to relate to, or that could inspire somebody you know with to give them hope in their darkest of times and be reminded to never give up and never stop the fight against cancer.
Cancer will change your life in a matter of seconds, life can go from being full of light to full of darkness, but it is your attitude towards cancer that will determine how you persist on your journey. Will you roll over and let it take every ounce of you, or will you stand up and fight. It’s up to you, seek the hope in every day, and be a survivor.
You will see links attached to the cancer quotes below that are relevant to each specific quote. Check the links out to find more inspiration and motivation in hard times.
- For those who have hope, it may help some live longer, and it will help all to live better.
Ben Sherwood, The Survivors Club
When you are battling cancer, sometimes it is hard to see past the dark days and what you are enduring, but if you lose hope then you have already let cancer win. Hope may not cure you, but it will help you to grab life by the horns,stare cancer in the face and say ‘you will not beat me’. This is the first step towards being a survivor.
- Dreams are formed of fragments of hope, life and faith make the rest.
Jane Kirkpatrick, Promises of Hope for Difficult Times
- Hope is difficult to define until you are starving for it.
Cameron Cole, Therefore I Have Hope
- Don’t stop believin’, you’ll get by Bad days will hurry by.
Olivia Newton-John, Don’t Stop Believin’
Olivia Newton-John, 71, is battling cancer for the third time. In 1992, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- There is so much more to life than mere survival.
Sharon Jaynes,Your Scars Are Beautiful to God
If you are a survivor of cancer or are fighting to survive, you must know that you are more than just that, life is more than just survival of the fittest. You are incredible for what you have endured, but this cannot define you. Once you have walked away and shut the door in the face of cancer, do just that; walk away and don’t look back.
Life is Beautiful Quotes
- When you’ve finished your treatment, be sure you step out into the world looking ahead, not back.
Elaine Ratner, The Feisty Woman’s Breast Cancer Book
Keep Going Quotes
- Misfortune may destroy or redefine a person.
Elizabeth Gould, Secrets of Cancer Survivors a Book of Hope for Cancer Patients, Their …
Quotes About Strength and Courage
- I am fighting cancer; tears are just part of the juice!
April Brewster Smythe, Fighting Cancer
- There is no easy ride, no shortcut when facing cancer, and each couple must find the best way for them to travel as individuals and as a team.
Jan Latona, Gary J. Stricklin, Love Is a Journey
Life is Hard Quotes
- Cancer can only control a “body” but our will and our spirit are forever our own.
Lynda R. Baio, Cancer: Second Hand
Don’t let cancer define you, you are still that strong, funny, beautiful person that you always were and cancer will never take that away from you.
Be Yourself Quotes
- Your soul must stay flexible and winged so that you survive when the soil suddenly gives way beneath your feet.
Rita Tatum, Sass cancer Back
- Cancer gave me the wake-up call I needed to face my fears and take responsibility for my life.
Tracy Maxwell, Being Single, with Cancer
- Even in the face of the awfulness of facing one’s own mortality, one can be held and nourished.
Gillie Bolton, Dying, Bereavement, and the Healing Arts
- Cancer companions accompany people with cancer on their journeys. They do not walk in front of or behind the person with cancer. They walk alongside, arm-in-arm.
Alan D. Wolfelt, Kirby J. Duvall, Healing a Friend or Loved One’s Grieving Heart After a Cancer Diagnosis: 100 …
Be Kind Quotes
- Always remember! When you can see the sea, there must be a shore for it.
ANDLEEB KAMAL, Tacit Facet
When facing cancer, you must try and stay positive, although it must be hard, try not to get overwhelmed by the negativity consuming your mind. For many people, cancer doesn’t mean the end, there is a shore not far from the ocean. Keep positive, tell yourself that you will be a survivor and keep swimming.
- I thought that getting my diagnosis and making it through treatment would be the toughest bits of cancer. I had no idea that coping with life afterward would be so tough – and scary.
Carl 53 Kidney cancer survivor, The Cancer Survivor’s Companion
- Cancer can’t touch love if it’s not allowed to.
Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen
- Most of it is about feelings and faith, and losing and finding your identity, and discovering strength and flexibility you never knew you had.
Debra Jarvis, It’s Not About the Hair
- Well, what can we do? It’s all a matter of having the right attitude.
Amor Y. Traceski, Been There, Done That Practical Tips & Wisdom from Cancer Survivors for cancer patients
Bob Goodwin, Survived Cancer Several times and still dancing at the ripe old age of 91. He believes if you keep moving, keep a positive attitude, and don’t get down, you have the best chance at survival.
- What a gift to find out that I’m not alone.
Emilia Nielsen, Disrupting Breast Cancer Narratives
When you have been diagnosed with cancer, the world might feel like it has swallowed you up, and you might find yourself alone with your thoughts. You are not alone, there will be somebody there to pick you up and be your companion on the longest journey of your life. There will always be somebody else in the same shoes as you, and finding these people whether they are still fighting the beast that is cancer, or whether they are survivors, will give you the strength and courage you need to stand up and fight.
- There are no statistics when it comes to tragedy. There are just stories.
- Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. So, don’t give up, don’t ever give up.
Brett M. Cordes, Amy Calkins Teague, Kyle Moses, Cancer Is for Old(er) People
- Most people are afraid of death. Yet we’re all dying, a wise editor once told me. We’re just doing it on different time schedules.
Frank Terrazzano, Paul Lonardo, Life, with Cancer
- Ready yourself for being held between heaven and earth so that light and dark will toss you up and down, filling you with life, even though it appears to be taking your life. Surrender to the movement. Enter the crack between life and death.
Bradford Keeney, The Bushman Way of Tracking God
Life and Death
- Today is a great day, today will be a great day for you. Why? Because you woke up with another chance to fight, another chance to right your wrongs, another day to be thankful for the things you have.
Bobby Clark, The Negativity Cleanse
You may be living with cancer, but you must also learn to find the beauty in every day. Life is a gift and we must cherish every minute of it, these dark times will hopefully pass and the light of life will flood back through again.
We hope you have enjoyed reading through these inspirational quotes, and that they have helped you somehow on your journey. Stay positive, keep the hope, NEVER give up fighting, and enjoy every minute of life and what it has to offer.
More Quotes to Inspire