27 Justice Quotes
Here is our collection of quotes and sayings about justice that have been carefully selected for you to read and we hope you find what you are looking for. In our collection you will find hidden gems from the likes of Aristotle, Mahatma Gandhi and Plato.
What is justice?
Justice, is the principle that people receive that which they deserve. Which unfortunately is a well-needed practice in today’s society. So many of us rely on the justice systems we have in place to protect our freedoms and society as a whole.
The early roots of justice stem from the ancient Greeks, the Roman Empire, The first king of Babylon, and Most importantly the Chinese who have the longest standing justice system. The first King of Babylon wanted people to follow the rules out of respect rather than fear, thus increasing prosperity and productivity. If people feel safe and respected then the cogs of society turn far smoother.
In the modern-day, we have many rules in place to protect people from harm or injustice and therefore we live in a fairer society, life without modern justice would be a difficult place to live in.
The Law is above us all no matter what status or title you have, meaning that everyone is treated equally and with equality comes freedom and with freedom comes happiness. Justice comes to those who deserve to feel its wrath.
So without further hesitation have a read of our collection of justice quotes and remember if you see any you like then share them with family or friends or anyone who you feel deserves to read these quotes. If you like what you see then there are many more categories for you to look through; simply click any of the links below to head to relevant topics or click the quotes button at the bottom of the page to be redirected to our full list of topics.
We hope you enjoy reading.
- To go to a judge is to go to justice, for the ideal judge is, so to speak, justice personified.
Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics
- One man’s doing injustice implies another man’s suffering injustice.
Hans Kelsen, What is Justice?: Justice, Law, and Politics in the Mirror of Science.
Open Minded Quotes
- Force is the opposite of justice.
Justice T. Reason, The Bible of Justice
Common sense Quotes
- Because with the truth and with the facts . . .justice is served.
Verl D. Wheeler, Justice Is Served
- Truth stands for the fact, the highest religion. Truth is self-evident; Non-violence is its maturest fruit.
Mahatma Gandhi, Gita, My Mother
- Karma is justice. We may hide in the cave or at the bottom of the sea , but it is not possible to dodge Karma.
The Theosophical Movement
- Thus, any rules of justice will depend on the particular state or condition in which people find themselves.
Karen Lebacqz Six Theories of Justice: Perspectives from Philosophical and Theological Ethics
- We are held responsible for our mistakes and must purify ourselves. Karma is a justice system
Raven Shamballa, 10 Cosmic Dimensions: A Spiritual Guidebook to Ascension
- The real moral order is sustained by duty and justice, not by institutions among bodies.
Gandhi and Non-Violence
- Justice is God’s Idea and Man’s Ideal
Frank Walters, Justice Is God’s Idea: Man Has Corrupted and Destroyed It!
- To what a deity shall you come …, who knows no fairness or gratitude, but loves only plain justice!
Euripides, Sophocles: Fragments
- First, this world has never been perfect, and perfect justice will never exist here.
Zad, The Truth Will Set You Free
- At least eventually the truth will out and justice will prevail.
Robert H. Gundry, Commentary on First and Second Timothy, Titus (Commentary on the New …
- We cannot preserve a sense of justice and all that this implies while at the same time holding ourselves ready to act unjustly should doing so promise some personal advantage.
John Rawls, A Theory of Justice
- And thus if justice were what you say, we should have a human virtue which makes men worse as men.
Plato, The Platonic Dialogues for English Readers: The Republic and the Timæus
- Working for justice thrusts you out into the open spaces of social problems and frees you from a self-centered preoccupation with yourself and your own private salvation.
T. Ronald Haney, Musings
- And the God of justice will liberate us, no matter how few or how many.
Chris R. Glaser, The Word is Out: Daily Reflections on the Bible for Lesbians and Gay Men
Faith in God
- Freedom is justice, and until there is justice there can be no freedom.
Unknown author, Land-values
- What we have to fear, as all history teaches, what we have to avoid, is not justice, but injustice.
Henry George, Kenneth C. Wenzer, An Anthology of Henry George’s Thought
- Without justice in the world, we cannot have peace—the two are intertwined.
Tessa Hicks Peterson, Student Development and Social Justice: Critical Learning, Radical Healing …
- The heart of justice may be compassion for others, but its origins and its passion are to be found in the more violent, even hostile.
Robert C. SolomonA Passion for Justice: Emotions and the Origins of the Social Contract
- No one, not even a saint, can have a sense of justice without the capacity for anger and outrage, even the ability to hate.
Hilge Landweer, Dirk Koppelberg, Fabian Bernhardt, Recht und Emotion I: Verkannte Zusammenhänge
- But my conviction has always been justified; faith in the divine protection, and the right use of man’s God-given will, are forces formidable beyond any other.
Stephen Arroyo, Astrology, Karma & Transformation
- Everyone knows, and always has known, that the enforcement of equality is the mandate of justice.
Antony Flew, Equality in Liberty and Justice
- Have the courage to stand up for yourself and have your own outspoken courage when time calls for it.
Sky M. Armstrong, Courage, You’ve Got It!
- Where there is love, there is justice – where there is no love, there is no justice.
Abhijit Naskar, Operation Justice: To Make A Society That Needs No Law
- One can act unjustly without doing anyone an injustice.
Wojciech Sadursk, Justice
More Quotes to Inspire