32 Lies Quotes
Read these Lies Quotes to guard your mind against telling lies. Telling the Truth (or at the least – not lying!) should be the aim for everyone who wants to build their life on a solid foundation.
Falsehoods, lies, half-truths are easy to fall into, especially in these days of fake news and misinformation so we should try hard to maintain high standards of truthfulness each day and only share information that we know to be true, avoiding lies and things we know to be wrong or false.
We all make character choices each day; so let’s agree to keep to the truth and avoid lies. We hope this collection of Lies Quotes will help keep you on the path of truth!
- To grapple with dishonesty, we have to open our eyes to some unpleasant truths.
David Livingstone Smith, Why We Lie
- Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.
- Lying affects the kind of choices you make on daily basis as a result affects your happiness as a whole.
Debbie David’s, How To Stop Lying
- It takes hard work, a willingness to be rigorously honest, and a belief that the truth will set us free to give our real selves a new birth.
Susan Campbell, Saying What’s Real
- For the sin of the man who tells a lie to help another is not so heinous as that of the man who tells a lie to injure another;
Lying And Truthfulness
- Escape from the trap of lies is in learning, and improving through constant practice (just like learning to play golf or tennis), the ability to tell the truth.
Brad Blanton, Radical Honesty
- We have to stop lying in order to learn how to love each other. Unlearning lying as a form of survival turns out to be one of life’s greatest inspirations.
Brad Blanton, The Truthtellers
Love And Life
- Most of all we lie because our sense of safety and self-esteem depends on our feeling in control.
Susan M. Campbell, Getting Real
- Do not let “small lies” pass. Keep a high personal standard of eventually, one day, being truthful in all aspects of your life.
Unknown Author, How To Stop Lying
- Your lying will only serve to get you into problems and could actually be preventing you from finding genuine success.
- But one thing leads to another. One lie rolls on to more. Unintended consequences. And life is full of those.
Tracy Darnton, The Truth About Lies
- It’s Guilt that makes you lie, right? So you KNOW you’re doing wrong.
Lela Fox, Honesty
- I do not plead guilty to a shallow view of human nature, when I propose to apply, as it were, a foot-rule to its heights and depths.
Danielle Nettle, Personality
- Procrastinators will use lies to explain their delays or failures.
John Tracy, Bad Habits
- The only lies we willingly admit to are those we call ‘white lies’. We see these as being virtuous. We want to spare another person’s feelings, but the feelings we actually want to spare are our own.
Dorothy Rowe, Why We Lie
- We all tend to lie. Almost all of us shade the truth one way or another just enough to make ourselves or others feel better.
David Joseph, Telling Lie’s
- The boundary between lying and deception is often vague. It is even possible to deceive with the truth.
Sam Harris, Lying
- The most determined liars may be betrayed by their own behavior.
Paul Ekman, Telling Lie’s
- We say that lying is routine and yet we are surprised when someone lies to our face.
Melvyn Fein, A principled Society
- Too many people are living in a prison that they themselves have manifested
Randy Kolibaba, The Lies Behind The Truth
- The idea that some lies are permissible is hardly unusual.
Christopher O.Tollefsen, Lying And Christian Ethics
- Big lies destroy trust and are almost never forgotten or forgiven.
Carol Kinsey, The Truth About Lies In The Workplace
- Each lie is as a chain wrapped around the soul, binding and choking the very life within.
Jill.M Tomlinson, No More Lies
- Love always compromisesLove forgives and tells no liesLove will make me doAll that makes you happy too.
Short Love Poems
- The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies. ;
- A lie travels round the world while truth is putting her boots on.
- Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. Michael Jackson Truth
Micheal Jackson Truth
- There is no reason to let those deceit shaped bullets pierce our chests and destroy our trust. We need to focus on defense instead of learning how to cope after the damage is done.
Joshua Moore, Don’t Lie To Me
Stength And Courage
- Low self-esteem arises when we listen to lies about ourselves.
Richard Daly, God’s Little Book of Hope
- Lies therefore appear to be an essential, if sometimes unwelcome, component of human interaction
Pamela Myer, Lie Spotting
- Truthful words stand the test of time, but lies are soon exposed.”
Proverbs 12:19 (NLT)
- Love never lies,Nor ever misleads or deceives,Truth Himself told us He defeated death,Love Himself promised to return for us,We have His word that we love for eternity,That love won’t end in grief and sighs,That life never ends for him who believes,That Heaven begins with our last breath.
Joseph L. Campanello
More Quotes to Inspire