21 Condolence Quotes
Find condolence quotes to help you express condolences to those who are grieving. Also quotes about giving condolences to guide you. Many times finding the right words is difficult, we hope the quotes on this page give you words to express your feelings and give comfort to those who have lost a loved one.
- There are no words. While you have joy knowing where your loveis in a better place, there is sadness in the loss and grief. You are in our prayers. Grief Quotes
- No words can express our feelings, but we offer you our support and love.Feelings
- Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends for strength,and always remember how much you are cared about.
- We pray the love of God enfolds you during your difficult timesand He helps you heal with the passage of time.
- May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand.Irish Blessing
- May there be comfort in knowing that someone so specialwill never be forgotten.Julie Hebert
Words of Encouragement
- Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven
where the love of our lost ones pours through
and shines down upon us to let us know that are happy.Author Unknown
- Please find comfort in knowing that your loved one touched the lives of somany others and gave them the gift of many happy memories and touchingthe lives of others with kindness and compassion.We hope that those wonderful memories give you strength.
- I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to deathThey continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make.Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories.We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.Leo Buscaglia
Quotes about Love and Life
- May you find comfort in the writings ofHenry Scott Holland:
Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name. Speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without affect, without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same that it ever was. There is absolutely unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
- I journeyed through some of the toughest moments of my life andhow with God’s help I saw good in the midst of the bad and howhe helped me grow during those sad seasons of my life.Denise Mansfield, Warm Hugs for Dark Nights
- A good condolence note: acknowledges the person’s loss; expressesyour sympathy; in certain cases, it comforts.Florence Isaacs, My Deepest Sympathies…: Meaningful Sentiments for Condolence Notes and Conversations
- Condolence messages mean a great deal to people, so much so thatthe bereaved tend to keep them. Months or even years later,the person may pull them out,reread them, and remember who took the time and made the effort to write.Florence Isaacs, My Deepest Sympathies…:
- Perhaps the mourners learn to look to the blue sky by day, and to the stars by night, and to think that the dead are there, and not in graves.Charles Dickens
- Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
Mary Elizabeth Frye, Do Not Stand By My Grave And Weep
- Our words are useless unless they come from the bottom of the heart.Mother Teresa
- The loss of a loved one is never easy, it never really goes awaybut the gaps in one’s life start to fill againwith other experiences so that the gap growssmaller and less emotional.Byron Pulsifer, Hopes and Dreams
Quotes about Life
- Too long sorrow makes a stone of the heart.Yoda
- The true way to mourn the dead is to take care of theliving who belong to them.Edmund Burke
Encouraging Bible Verses
- I had always considered myself a great friend – encouraging, there to helpwhen needed, sensitive, able to see when peoplewere suffering and how I might comfort them.But when my husband died so suddenly, I soon came to realize that,when it cameto helping someone who was grieving … I KNEW VERY, VERY LITTLE!Anne-Marie Lockmyer, When Their World Stops: The Essential Guide to TRULY Helping Anyone in Grief
- Research tells us that individuals heal and bounce back fasterif they can voice their feelings and feel the support of caring souls.Robbie Miller Kaplan, How to Say It When You Don’t Know What to Say
Quotes About Giving Condolences
More Quotes To Inspire
Words of Wisdom | Inspirational Quotes | Quote of the Day | Thought For The Day | Contact Us | About Us | Disclaimer | Disclosure | Motivational Links |