22 Bored Quotes
Feeling Bored? It’s probably due to monotony (yesterday the same as today?), being incapacitated, or slipping into the habit of being sedentary. If you don’t move, your mind can atrophy as well the body. Those sparky ideas you used to have, may begin to fade. So try getting up and going for a run or a walk! Or if you can’t do that – imagine yourself in new surroundings. Take a flight of fancy and walk on the beaches of your imagination! My granny lived to almost 100 and had a daily walk every day of her life and would exercise her imagination by reading books. She used to say ‘Life is boring, only to boring people’. How do we snap out of being bored? Try reading these Bored Quotes and then take your mind (or preferably your body!) for a long walk. And fill those lungs with some fresh air for good measure (deep breaths!). Life gets more interesting when we shake things up a little 🙂
- Yes, when we are bored, we can become a bore too!
P C Balasubramanian, JUJUBE
- Boredom does not suffer any exception to its crepuscular gaze, and the being purely there forms no exception.
Jean-Luc Marion, God Without Being
- To fend off boredom at any price is vulgar, just as work without pleasure is vulgar.
Friedrich Nietzsche, Nietzsche
- For every human life is thrown back and forth between pain and boredom.
- Those who bore others are the plebeians, the crowd, the endless train of humanity in general; those who bore themselves are the chosen ones, the nobility.
- Christ is the Tonic for tired, troubled hearts. He is Wealth for impoverished souls. He is Life for those who are bored and deadened by endless entertainment and meaningless pursuits.
Nancy Leigh DeMoss, The Quiet Place
- Those who are keen are so very keen , and those who are bored are so very much bored , that never the twain come within sight of meeting .
Gilbert Oliver Thomas, Paddington to Seagood
- Boredom comes for each of us in those moments when we can’t see a way forward, when we want to be doing something but don’t want to do anything currently on offer.
James Danckert, John D. Eastwood, Out of My Skull
- Boredom moves us like any other passion does, all of which suggest a kind of living force in boredom itself, the life force of all affectivity or our capacity to experience or undergo affects in general.
Michael E. Gardiner, Julian Jason Haladyn, Boredom Studies Reader
- Out of boredom man decided to build the Tower of Babel. The height of the tower matched the height of his boredom.
Samuel Hugo Bergman, Dialogical Philosophy from Kierkegaard to Buber
- If you’re bored with life, you could be neglecting one of the most important characteristics in the universe: creativity.
Ed Young, High Definition Living
- Get out and about Nature is free and when the sun is shining there’s no excuse to be bored.
Michelle McGagh, The No Spend Year
- I have had that unsettled feeling that there is more to life than what I have been living. After evaluating myself, I found that when I get bored with my life and do not feel there is any direction, I get antsy, frustrated, angry, and depressed.
Monique Myers LCSW, I Am Bored and I Am Tired of It!!
- The bored person goes through life fulfilling obligations, often doing what is expected very well but in a robotized manner.
E Mark Stern, Psychotherapy and the Bored Patient
- I’ve been busy lately and kind of bored. I need some excitement in my life. The good kind of course not the one that involves a possible night in jail. I wish I could do something new every day.
Damion Belvett, Dame Note’s On Life
- Bored with people, bored with real life, bored with drama, bored, in fact, with everything except poetry and poetical dreams.
Catherine M. S. Alexander, The Cambridge Companion to Shakespeare’s Last Plays
- That is, if you are bored or lonely, it is because you are allowing yourself to be… Boredom is generally a form of emotional anesthesia brought about by the person who is bored, because she does not want to experience her own feelings.
Franklin Gillette, How to Live Life Happily after Divorce
- Is life a constant struggle, or do things eventually get smooth only to find ourselves bored out of our minds?
Robert Scott, Kill Or Be Killed
- We just do not know life, that is why we get bored. We make life mechanical, that is why we get bored.
Osho, A Cup of Tea
Quotes To Live By
- Now you feel life is not as boring as it used to be, it has become a constant adventure as you walk with the unknown. … You can break free of it!
Life Bliss Magazine Oct 2009
- You can free yourself from boredom. You can free yourself from it by simply finding out that the universe is the most animated place you ever saw!
Mark L. Prophet, Elizabeth Clare Prophet, The Lost Teachings of Jesus, Volume 2
- But boredom is actually a great sign, if it is genuine, complete boredom that includes being bored with your confusion, your anger, your arrogance, your everything, your you.
Rod Meade Sperry, Editors of the Shambhala Sun, A Beginner’s Guide to Meditation
More Quotes to Inspire