25 Neighbor Quotes
Be inspired by our collection of funny and thought-provoking neighbor quotes which we hope will inspire you to be kind.
We have all experienced them. Nosey neighbors, noisy neighbors, funny neighbors, rude neighbors, disrespectful neighbors, and well, the list goes on. None of us are perfect, and we must learn to compromise when we live close.
The second commandment in the bible states, “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” This phrase is not just about the people that live next door but applies to every person we meet. To be kind to one another, to be respectful, and treat everyone as we wish to be treated is the only way we will all be able to love in harmony.
Consider it a true blessing when you have a good neighbor, one you can chat to, share with and rely upon in times of need, and remember… keep the noise down!
Published by: Ben Gillison
- Love your neighbor as yourself, he is a man just as you are—he is your brother!
Robin Bisha, Jehanne M Gheith, Christine C. Holden, Russian Women,
- A good neighbor will live close to you and live by you. A bad neighbor will live in you.
Peter K. Matthews – Akukalia, Makupedia
Great Quotes About Life
- To be a good citizen, you must be a good neighbor.
Janet Craig, Top 10 Tips for Ethical Living and Good Citizenship
- Being a good neighbor will give you a good sense of satisfaction.
Jim Heckathorn, How to Live Long and Like It
- A good neighbor will babysit, a great neighbor will babysit twins.
Our Twins’ Journal funny quotes
- A good neighbor is a blessing from God.
Dr. J. Randhawa, Self-Help to ICSE Total English
God’s Blessing Quotes
- Don’t look for a good house, look for a good neighbor.
Deepa Narayan-Parker, Patti L. Petesch, From Many Lands
- Our neighbors are the first people we turn to when we need help.
Bright Tutee, NBSE(Nagaland Board)
Helping Others Quotes
- A good neighbor is a fellow who smiles at you over the back fence but doesn’t climb it.
Wolfgang Mieder, Stewart A. Kingsbury, Kelsie B. Harder, A Dictionary of American Proverbs
Beautiful Quotes on Smiles
- A good neighbor is a person who asks permission to enter, even if the door is open, and her first word is “peace.”
Mark Randall James, Randi Rashkover, Signs of Salvation: A Festschrift for Peter Ochs
- When you love your neighbor, you’re loving yourself; when you love yourself, you can’t help but love your neighbor. That’s because your neighbor is yourself. He’s not the “other” that he seemed to be. He’s a pure projection of mind.
Byron Katie, Stephen Mitchell, A Mind at Home with Itself
- For the love of your neighbor, and for love of yourself, don’t introject nor project it.
C. G. Jung, James L. Jarrett, Nietzsche’s Zarathustra
- And when you love your neighbor you will be blessed and have eternal life.
Daniel Mirera, If You Think You Can Press On!
- A neighbor is more than just someone who lives close to you, it is someone you can be there for and help in some way.
Russ Lawson, Stories to Touch the Heart
- Never go to bed full when a neighbor is hungry.
Musa Kazim Gulcur, Good Character
Quotes to Live By
- One day we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. Until that day comes, let us love God with all our heart, mind, and soul. But let us not miss the opportunity to love our neighbor.
Bruce D. Strom, Gospel Justice
- Good neighbors share other things too: wisdom, time, vegetables, old car parts, you name it.
Emily Doskow, Lina Guillen, Neighbor Law
- To have a good neighbor is to find something precious.
Vas Gratian, Proverbs – Page 119
- My neighbor asked if he could use my lawnmower and I told him of course he could, so long as he didn’t take it out of my garden.
- Take a fair measure from your neighbor, and pay him back fairly with the same measure, or better, if you can, so that in the future, if you need something, you can rely on him.
Hesiod, The Poems of Hesiod
- He has his share of honor who has a good neighbor. And an ox would not become lost unless your neighbor should be bad.
David W. Tandy, Warriors Into Traders: The Power of the Market in Early Greece
- The man whose portion includes a good neighbor possesses something of value.
How to Be a Farmer: An Ancient Guide to Life on the Land
- A bad neighbor is a calamity, just as a good neighbor is a real treasure.
M. Foucault, Lectures on the Will to Know
- The neighbor is a serpent; If he can’t see you, he can hear you.
Arthur V. Dieli, A Happy Heart and One Slice Of Bread
- Essentially, our neighbors are like walking mirrors, so when we look at them we see ourselves, and when we dislike or hate our neighbors, we have discovered what we don’t like about ourselves in them.
Jacques R. Castel, God’s Plan for our Health: With Additional Spiritual Insights
More Quotes to Inspire