26 Sorry Quotes
A collection of sorry quotes to remind you saying sorry is never a bad thing. There are times when feeling remorse and admitting it can actually make you feel better. We hope you find these quotes encouraging and motivating.
- Pity arises when we are sorry for someone. Compassion is when we understand and help wisely. Buddha
- Feeling sorry for yourself and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have. Dale Carnegie
Words of Encouragement
- Adversity can provide the fuel that sparks new strengths we didn’t realize we had within us. We can sometimes amaze ourselves if we don’t get hung up in feeling sorry for our self. If we have the right attitude and look at adversity as an opportunity to discover and teach us new things, we will find strength that we did not realize that we even had.Catherine Pulsifer, Adversity An Advantage
- Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. Mark Twain
Quote of the Day
- Whether teaching our children when and how to say they are sorry, expecting contrition from our spouse when we feel wronged, … apologetic rituals provide one of the most familiar and significant occasions when we think explicitly about our shared values.Nick Smith, Justice through Apologies: Remorse, Reform, and Punishment
- If you make mistakes in your organisation, it’s worth saying sorry, as that builds trust and reduces surplus fear of making mistakes. Paul Z. Jackson, Your Lifepass To Creativity and Confidence
- We have all heard the story of the person who felt sorry for himself because he had no shoes. He was miserable and very unhappy. He thoughts were on poor me, everyone else had shoes but he did not. But, then he met a man who had no feet, and it changed his attitude to be thankful that he had feet. Not having shoes was no longer an issue! Catherine Pulsifer, Cheer An Inspirational Thought
- Don’t think of retiring from the world until the world will be sorry that you retire. I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drive into a corner, and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark.Samuel Johnson
- You will never be sorry for protecting your principles, for stopping your mouth to speak or ears to hear gossip. Byron Pulsifer
- I felt I had hit bottom. The easy way out would have been to feel sorry for myself and blame the world for my misfortune, to moan and groan about how unfair life is… Instead, I found my way to the public library and discovered a new world in the self-help section. It focused my energy on positive results, rather than on the “poor me” syndrome.Catherine Pulsifer, Authors Introduction to Wings of Wisdom
- To have enough for some people never comes. They never seem to be happy with what they have always moaning about somebody they know who has more money, or a bigger house, or a newer car, or who goes on regular exotic vacations. For these people, I am truly sorry. They have missed a great deal that life has to offer by seemingly looking for more to make them happy. But, I doubt that happiness will ever find them no matter how much they have.Byron Pulsifer, What is Enough
- Tell God you’re sorry that you hurt him and yourself. Ask God to forgive you of your sins. Andrew Wright, Christian: How God Blows Me Away!
- So, we who would follow Christ have to reach the point of being sorry for our sins, confessing them to God, and asking for His forgiveness. Clive Nicholson PhD, Baptism: let’s not water it down!
- The only thing to regret is living in the past
The only thing to feel sorrow for is not living each day to the fullest.
The only thing to do to repent is to sincerely say, I’m sorry.
Don’t live your life regretting yesterday.
Live your life so tomorrow you won’t regret today.
Catherine Pulsifer, Regret Today
Poems about Regret
- I feel sorry for people who have not developed the passion for reading for one reason or another. I know, because I use it daily, that there are tremendous advantages to technology by way of computers, blackberries etc. but their use seems to be at the expense of sitting down with a great book and becoming lost within its pages.Byron Pulsifer, The Dentist Opportunity
- Christopher Reeve is an example of someone who had faced … challenges. He was … very successful in his acting career, and he lead a very active life. However, he had a riding accident, and that accident left him paralyzed. He could have felt sorry for himself, he could have had a poor me attitude. Instead, since the accident he changed his focus and has raised money for research on paralysis, directed a film, and has written his autobiography Still Me. He is an excellent example of someone who bounced back.Catherine Pulsifer, All Is Going Well
- Do not spend the whole day lying in bed feeling sorry for yourself even if your circumstances have changed drastically and you now have to use the bus instead of your BMW. Miriam Kinai
Funny Quotes about Life
- For those of us who know emperors, one thing is for sure; you can’t count on them and, at the same time, feel sorry for them. No one is perfect for sure, but then most of us don’t pretend to be something we are not.Byron Pulsifer, Do You Know An Emperor
- Worry is rooted in fear. And sorry to burst anyone’s bubble, but worrying isn’t the responsible thing to do. It’s an unnecessary “obligation” to have. And it’s simply a waste of time and energy. Joshua Tongol, The Secret to Awesomeness
- I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people. Louie Anderson
- I’m but an earthen vessel, my value is not great;
Iï¿½m feeble, easily broken; I’m in a sorry state.
Mishandled and mistreated; I’m crushed on every side,
And yet I’m not defeated though folks my use deride.
Greta Zwaan, Broken Vessel
Words of Faith
- Just uttering the word, “Sorry,” is not genuine repentance. If you want forgiveness, admit you were wrong, change your attitude, and learn from the experience. Lisa Cheater, Conversations With Jesus – 365 Daily Devotions for Teens
- My great grandmother was widowed at a very early age and left to raise four children by herself during World War I. She could have felt sorry for herself. Instead, she got a job and held tight to the conviction that she would raise her children and give them all she could. Catherine Pulsifer, Facing Challenges
- Rather than sit and feel sorry for yourself, take action, ask for help!Catherine Pulsifer, See The Positive In All Situations
- Our minds will automatically go to what we are use to, especially when we are faced with a challenge or a stressful situation. To retrain your mind you must constantly be asking the question, “what is the good in this.” Thinking about the “good” will keep your mind away from being angry, from feeling sorry for yourself, from reacting in the wrong manner. Catherine Pulsifer, Attitude Determines Everything
- My heart was filled with jealousy and envy. How could others be happy while I was miserable? I was no longer motivated. But rather than feel sorry for myself and mope around the house, I decided to do something about it. I was tired of being unhappy and resentful. I needed to take action. Hung Pham, The Art of Taking Action: How to Stop Overthinking, Get Over Your Fears, and Become Insanely Proactive
More Quotes to Inspire and Encourage