26 Suicide Quotes
If you are searching for powerful suicide quotes, look no further. Words of wisdom have collected a number of quotes from various authors that you may be able to relate to, or that could help you on your journey to heal. Please take your time to read the content underneath the quotes, as if you are suffering, these words could have a positive impact on the darkness in your soul and aid towards preventing suicide. Maybe it’s not yourself that is suffering but a friend or a relative, these quotes will help you to understand the pain they may be enduring. You will also find links to relative subjects which will direct you to a number of other quote categories to inspire you and change your perception.
Every year around 800,000 people worldwide die from suicide, that’s one person every 40 seconds that tragically take their own life.Suicide is the second leading cause of death in the world for those aged 15-24 and in the US is the 10th leading cause of death overall. Depression is the leading cause of suicide and will affect at least 1 in 4 of us in our lifetime. Alcoholism and drug abuse is also one of the leading causes of suicide affecting around 20 million Americans every year. Experiencing traumas in life such as physical or mental abuse, violence or loss which could lead to PTSD and other mental health issues would also be great factors in committing suicide or having suicidal thoughts.
- If you are troubled by thoughts of suicide, speak up. Asking for help is an act of bravery that will change your life for the better.
Caitlyn Miller, Dealing with Suicidal Thoughts
Although you may be feeling alone and as if the world doesn’t understand you, there will always be somebody out there who wants to listen and wants to help you. It may be a big step for you to take, but if there is anything that will prevent you from committing suicide, talking to someone is the most likely to push you in the right direction. You are not weak by asking for help, you are strong and must realize that you are worthy of this life. If you struggle to talk to friends and family, there are services such as the Samaritans who willbe there for people who just need someone to listen. You can also seek counseling, where they will ask questions, listen and provide you with techniques to combat your depression and suicidal thoughts. Whatever you decide, don’t suffer in silence.
- You must decide if you are going to rob the world or bless it with the rich, valuable, potent, untapped resources locked away within you. You are more than what you have done.
Myles Munroe, T. D. Jakes, Myles Munroe Devotional & Journal
No matter what you may think of yourself, you are worthy of this life, each and every one of us possesses a special gift and mustn’t let suicide take that away from us. You may have made mistakes in the past but you must not let that define you. Suicide prevention for a lot of people starts with seeking forgiveness within ourselves, or maybe is somebody else who needs forgiving, you will never be able to heal if you are filled with anguish about what you or somebody else has done. Healing is strongly about self-love, take time to look after yourself, take long walks, eat healthily and most importantly de-clutter your mind, thoughts of suicide can come from a busy mind that needs clarity.
- Life is a gift—a fragile, strong treasure. We must handle all of life, everyone, everywhere, with gentle love and the greatest of care. We will face the darkness together, and we will find light.
Steffany Barton, Facing Darkness, Finding Light: Life after Suicide
Although it may not seem it at times, life is a beautiful gift that needs to be cherished. Suicide is contemplated when all hope is lost, so you must have the courage to stand up and look for the light in hidden places. It may not be staring you in the face, but there is so much beauty to see in the world if only you can see past the world inside your head. If you take more time to invest in other people you may find that your suicidal thoughtsdwindle. If you suffer with depression, helping others is sometimes the first and greatest step towards helping ourselves. Although it is never good to completely ignore your own demons, they must also be fought head-on with fierce energy. Look after the life you have, you are lucky to be alive and most likely loved by many.
Life is Beautiful Quotes
- God knows the pressure you are under. Let that pressure press you closer to the Shepherd of your soul.
June Hunt, Suicide Prevention (June Hunt Hope for the Heart)
If you are struggling to find a way out of the darkness and are looking towards faith, God won’t make it easy but he will sure make it better. Let god guide you, he will always be by your side and will not judge you. If you are lonely, the church is one of the most therapeutic places you could be when facing thoughts of suicide, the people of god will guide you and so will god himself. When you are with God You will never walk alone.
Faith in God Quotes
- I am alone in this world of emptiness. My light does not shine. I have no hug. No hand to hold. I am all alone, stranded on the edge of life itself.
Karen L. Phillips, Here Comes The Sun
- When there is no peace of mind it doesn’t matter how rich you are or how popular you are, death will steal you away in a matter of few minutes.
Canfield, Brittany A, Cunningham, Holly A., Deconstructing Stigma in Mental Health
- Don’t throw your future away. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
John H. Roy Jr, 5 Steps To Breaking The Addictions Of Your Life
- Talking through the angst of pain with those you know in your heart love and care for you may be the catalyst toward the healing you most need.
Kerri Gwinn-Harris, More Precious Than Rubies
- Death is a tragedy and suicide the ultimate tragedy.
International Association for Suicide Prevention, Congress, Suicide Prevention
- Sometimes—oftentimes—we feel both truths only after the storm is behind us, but that doesn’t mean that bright horizon wasn’t always there.
Becky Powell, Katherine Reay, Awful Beautiful Life
- Suicide doesn’t end pain. It only lays it on the broken shoulders of the survivors.
Billy Graham, Death and the Life After
- But suicide isn’t selfish … I’ve seen why suicide can feel like not just a choice, but the only choice.
Paul McGregor, Man Up, Man Down: Standing Up to Suicide
- What people need to understand is that you can look fine and happy to other people but underneath the mask, you’re actually breaking apart and it’s a huge horrible mess.
Nour Alva, How to Not Kill Yourself
- When you have become tired of being down get up and walk, but don’t walk alone.
Kisha Flemmings, When you feel like giving up in life
- You can forgive yourself, and the light of that love can dispel the darkness of your despair.
Ken Stifler, Suicide, Despair, and Soul Recovery: Finding the Light of God
- Words-spoken or written -are what connect us to this world, and so speaking about it to people, and writing about this stuff, helps connect us to each other and to our true selves.
Matt Haig, Reasons to Stay Alive
Quotes To Live By
- If unsure or having a rough day, place your hand over your heart. Feel that beating heart? It’s called PURPOSE. You are alive for a reason; don’t ever give up.
Neila A. Connors, If You Don’t Feed the Students, They Starve
- No one and no circumstances are worth dying for that you cannot live for.
Joyzy Pius Egunjobi, Be Blessed 5
- I don’t want anyone to think I am crazy, I just wish they could understand.
Heather B. Jacobs, I’mpossible
- An aching Soul is evidence not of neurosis or spiritual immaturity, but of realism.
Richard Winter, When Life Goes Dark: Finding Hope in the Midst of Depression
- The most sincere form of self-criticism is suicide.
Tom Hopkins, How to Master the Art of Selling
- Man can live about 40 days without food, about 3 days without water, about 8 minutes without air, but only about 1 second without ‘hope’.
J. Bruce Sofia, Hope Beyond Suicide
- The ability to relate to others, to be valued by others and to contribute something of value to others are important reasons for living and rewards of life.
Nicholas Tarrier, Patricia Gooding, Daniel Pratt, Yvonne Awenat, James Kelly, Janet Maxwell, Cognitive Behavioural Prevention of Suicide in Psychosis
- NEVER allow guilt to be a barrier in your life. Guilt is a wasted emotion.
Pamela Baron Waldbauer, Revealing You
- Seek the peace that emanates from within your heart and soul. Find that special place where you can feel safe first.
Barry Ferguson, Collision Course
- For every pain, there is a pleasure. And I suspect that we are capable of pleasures far beyond the reaches of any pain.
Choose To Be Happy
More Quotes to Inspire