30 Empathy Quotes
May this collection of empathy quotes encourage you to show understanding and compassion to others.
When we put ourselves in anothers’ shoes and try to feel what they are feeling we are showing empathy. May these quotes remind you to never judge others, we don’t know their story.
- Empathy is understanding the sorrow or loss of another person. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes and imagine how you would feel. Byron Pulsifer, Major Human Capacities
- Empathy takes time, and efficiency is for things, not people. Stephen Covey
- Learning to give empathy to myself and others as often as I can each day has rendered astounding benefits….Empathy leads to compassion and compassion to forgiveness and connection.
Judith Hanson Lasater, Living Your Yoga
- If you do not practice empathy and forgiveness for your actions, it will be impossible to practice empathy with others. Laura Raskin, Marriage
- ..I still feel that ‘who is mother’ is a question that cannot be answered satisfactorily by words and one has to experience the love, nurturing, compassion and empathy of a mother at a personal level to know what is mother. Sanjay Kali
- Emotional empathy is what motivates us to help others. Brian Goldman, The Power of Kindness
- Each day is not to be wasted but to be valued and used to make situations more bearable for others, to show sympathy or empathy for others, to contribute to someone else’s skills or to help change a behavior. Byron Pulsifer
- Planting the seeds of compassion and respect in classrooms and schools is essential, not only to reduce bullying and other cruel behaviors, but because empathy and kindness are so essential to all human relationships. Naomi Drew; Christa Tinari, Create a Culture of Kindness in Middle School
- Extend sympathy, empathy and compassion to others. Vishnu, Seven Sacred Promises
- Leading with integrity and empathy requires vision and a connection to your deepest self. Karla McLaren, MEd.
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, Confucius, John F. Kennedy, and Mother Teresa; all have reached a level of enlightenment; achieved only by shedding our society’s preconceived definitions of success. Their motivation was not to achieve self-prominence but to grant greatness onto others through empathy, kindness, and sacrifice. Elm Valle, Soul Ascension
- Remember that the greatest thing about being empathetic is that when someone accomplishes something awesome, you will feel just as awesome as if you accomplished it yourself. Michael Unks, Awesome In Hours
- Proactive responding is the ability to listen to the other person’s feelings and empathise without taking responsibility for those feelings.Clive Harman, How to Communicate Effectively
- Empathy is an important and valuable skill to have in many aspects in life. Not only does it contribute to strong bonds and general trust, but it allows us to gain insight of the emotions and thoughts of other people. In a sense, it offers you a chance to experience life the way someone else does. Tuan Luu, Coaching
- Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path. Brene Brown, Daring Greatly
- Though related, compassion need not be mistaken for empathy. Compassion is about loving kindness for other peopleï¿½s suffering, while “empathy refers to the ability to relate to another personï¿½s pain vicariously, as if one has experienced that pain themselves. Laura Jack, The Compassion Code
- If it wasn’t for emotions, we’d find it almost impossible to carry out the relationships with each other that make our lives so fulfilling, because we’d have no way of relating to other people – no empathy or compassion, no laughter or joy; these are the things that make our lives so rewarding. Julieana Farrell, The Seven Habits
- Like any value, empathy must be acted upon. Barack Obama
- If you cultivate empathic listening, each of you can come to appreciate how the other is right from their own perspective, and there is then a better chance that your parents will see your point of view as well as their own. Mark Hodgson, Helen Lilley; Dealing with Difficult Parents
Appreciation Quotes, Sayings, and Messages
- I came up with seven strategies that had always served me well: self-worth, focus, resilience, empathy, loyalty, forgiveness, and most important, optimism. Leeza Gibbons, Fierce Optimism
- An empathic person is a good listener, patient, understanding, and kind.Laura Raskin, Marriage
- We can influence a person and actually change a person’s thinking by the words we use. We can show kindness and empathy by the phrases we use and the actions we take. Catherine Pulsifer, Would You Still Be Beautiful
- There’s nothing that inspires that deep sense of belonging like shared empathy! Brene Brown, Daring Greatly
- History is replete with examples of those who lead by example, with wisdom, courage and love, guided by reflection and empathy, using their minds to accomplish what their hearts know to be true. John C. Kirkland, Love Letters of Great Men
- .. change the way you approach giving, shifting the focus from charity to empathy, from a one-way transfer to a mutually beneficial act, from guilt and obligation to pleasure and happiness. Carl Liederman
- Every time we exercise patience or empathy or confidence, we build emotional energy. Greg Conderacci, Getting UP!
Positive Energy Quotes
- But then I look at others who carry greater pain,
Who suffer a disease that has no cure.
I realize my blessings, I’m grateful to be me,
I empathize with what they must endure.
Greta Zwaan, How To Cope
- Do you have empathy for customer complaints, do you try and put yourself in their shoes or are you rolling your eyes on the phone thinking I am to busy to listen to this. Byron Pulsifer, What Are The Essential Qualities Of Being Human
- The gift of empathy is all the better for being hard-won.Michael Mayne, The Enduring Melody
- Part of the beauty of empathy is allowing yourself to feel a range and depth of emotion by embracing it rather than avoiding it.Christine Rose Elle, The Happy Empath
More Quotes to inspire and encourage