30 Pride Quotes
Answer this honestly. Are you proud or prideful? There’s a fine line between the two. Pride is an important part of who we are, it’s our self esteem for a job well done and it inspires us to push forward and do our best. But if your ego takes over, that power is lost because you’re not tapping into the humility we should all keep close. Enjoy these Pride Quotes; I hope they help you foster healthy self-esteem and build your confidence!
- Pride is the trap of ego pleasure.
Kevin Everett FitzMaurice, Ego
- Swallow your pride, open your heart, and show more humility.
Mimi Gabriel, The Heart to Forgive: Reclaiming Our Relationship After Infidelity
- Pride loves and is flattered by praise. Humility avoids and is embarrassed by such.
Humility and Pride, Hilarion Dorostolski
- Honor yourself and your accomplishments. Take pride in them.
Dr. Cathy Lomartra, Awaken Your Magic
- Persons in a position of power, which dictates making decisions affecting the lives of people, very easily succumb to the sin of pride.
Kenneth A. Penman, Pride Or Praise?
- After all, without a sense of pride, one might not achieve or continue to strive for excellence in one’s field of endeavor.
Michael Eric Dyson, Pride
- All experiences that build up our pride obligate us to the builder.
Roy Masters, Surviving the Comfort Zone
- Taking pride in the direction of progress benefits perseverance most.
David DeSteno, Emotional Success
- Fetch your ladder of pride and fix your gaze on your goal, then you will be able to overcome any obstacle.
Markus Jotzo, The Formula for Infinite Pride: Do Things You Cannot Do
- Pride breaks a person from the inside out.
Patrick T Gorman, The Unbroken Home
Quotes To Live By
- Pride is the most deeply entrenched sin—the one to which we’re the most blind. It’s the basis of all deception.
Holman Bible Staff, NKJV Daily Devotional Bible for Women, Purple/Blue LeatherTouch
- Detect pride in yourself so that it will not bring about your fall.
Thomas J. Sica, Growing Wise Day by Day
- When you can get to a space where you feel proud for the journey you have traveled, you know that you are living life to the fullest.
Sarah Prout, Dear Universe
- Help me lay my ego at your feet and step away from a heart filled with pride. Let me only boast of you. Amen.
Karen Moore, Wellspring
- By taking pride in yourself means that you take pride in your relationship.
- Measureless pride needs to be extinguished sooner than a raging ﬁre.
Heraclitus, The Other Side of Language
- You will learn that unless you swallow your pride, you will likely harbor bitterness.
Killian Muli, The Unpredictability of Life
- If you need to forgive, drop your pride and do it. If you need forgiveness, drop your pride and ask for it.
Matt Stephen, In His Service: Educators Serving God and His Children
- Pride is so busy trying to get everyone else to see it that it can never get the time to see itself. Since pride is the most superior part of everything, the only one it will honor or respect is itself.
Doreen A. Martin, Wisdom Speaks
- Only when we can see pride for what it is around us and within us, will we be able to tell truth from fiction in most things.
Michal H. Hall, The Absurdity of Pride and the Peace of Humility
- I feel like living because I take pride in our planet, because I cannot quench my cosmic thirst.
Unknown Author, Bulgaria
Life is Beautiful
- At the heart of this vulnerability lies the willingness of people to abandon their pride and their fear—to sacrifice their ego for the collective good of the team.
Andrew Kerr, The Humility Imperative
- …take pride in what you are doing and finish it from start to finish. You are going to find that people will notice it and you can take some pride in your work.
Mike C. Adams, Self Discipline
- The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future.
Queen Elizabeth II
- In general, pride is at the bottom of all great mistakes.
John Ruskin Quotes
- Being a humble man does not mean you are without pride in yourself or respect, nor without condence.
Charles D. Dangerfield, Filling a Void
- Acknowledge your pride and admit your role in the problem. Humility always forces me to the positive side.
Doug Fields, Your First Two Years in Youth Ministry
- Champions take pride In things little or a lot. They’re faithful and true With what they got.
Ron Hostetler, Becoming Champions for Life
- There are ways to keep going with pride and dignity even when hope cannot rationally be measured.
Robert Wuthnow, Be Very Afraid
- THE PRIDE also hears how you use your words to relate to others around you and how you speak about situations and people.
Sundae Witkowski, Taking Back the Pride
Acts of Kindness
More Quotes to Inspire