32 Tired Quotes
Feeling tired? There are two types of tireness; physically tired (which can be a bad feeling or sometimes a good feeling; at the end of a long day’s hiking for example), and mentally tired – which can affect all of us if we’re low on resources and feeling like we have the weight of the world our shoulders. Freshen yourself up with these tired quotes! We have gathered together a variety of funny, relatable and encouraging quotes about tiredness from authors, philosophers, and wise teachers.
Life can be stressful and testing at times. Whether you are working your socks off, you’re a parent to a demanding child, or living with a stressful health situation, you must always remember the importance of taking a break. It’s not good to burn the candle at both ends and if you are cramming a lot into your day, a good night’s sleep is imperative not only to your mental and physical health but also to the relationships you will hold with people around you. Nobody likes a stressed out tired and irritable person!!We all want to be that early bird that catches the worm; that driven and successful person that we dream of being. We all want to be generally happy, and not feeling tired all the time is definitely something that will help with that! Tiredness is a state of mind…
- We must not sleep with our problems. We must sleep on our problems.
Tsúnyöta Köhe’t, The Truth of Reality
When we give ourselves a night to mull over a problem, it’s often the case that we come up with a better solution than we would have reached had we reacted in the moment. Deep thinking (subconscious thinking) happens when we give ourselves time to consider each side of a problem. Spend some time considering an issue before you go to sleep and even asking ourselves ‘what’s the answer’ before we go to sleep, quite often reveals the solution by morning.
- It is clear that a tired, under-slept brain is little more than a leaky memory sieve, in no state to receive, absorb, or efficiently retain an education.
Matthew Walker, Why We Sleep
Ain’t that the truth! We need to be kind to ourselves to give ourselves the chance to do well each day. Making sure we get proper rest is a part of self-care and something that we all know, deep down is the right thing to do, but quite often don’t act upon. Make sure you get good quality sleep every night, if you can.
- Early to bed and early to rise — or the boss’ll promote the other guys.
Wolfgang Mieder, Proverbs
It’s easy to come up with excuses as to why we can stay up late (that Netflix series isn’t going to watch itself!), but we all know, deep down, that if we maintain discipline and go to bed early and get up early; we perform at our best. Being at our best is all we have to do to get promoted. It’s simple!
- We are all tired but are carrying on by strength.
John E.L. Robertson, Paducah
Being strong is a decision. Everyone has some form of an excuse; I couldn’t do it because of XX… I was going to do it but…XX IF we take charge of ourselves and our mindset, we can overcome the obstacles of the day. Not getting good rest will interfere with that. Relying on strength alone to get us through, doesn’t last for the long term. We need to get deep, restful time off, to recharge us and refill our emotional tanks. It’s often called ‘sharpening the saw’. You can spend all day sawing and not realize that some days, you need to sharpen the saw, or the sawing gets slower. That means that we know that we’re not being as productive, but we don’t want to admit that fact. Get some rest!
Strength and Courage Quotes
- The worst thing about being tired is the negative twist of perception.
Perception is malleable, we all know that. Get up feeling grumpy and small things upset our equilibrium. Get up feeling good and we’ll shrug off those same petty annoyances! Being tired is also a state of mind. We can – if we choose – shrug off the niggles and annoyances that seek to push us off balance because we’re telling ourselves that ‘we’re tired’. Freshen up your outlook and keep positive. ‘Tiredness’ is a state of mind.
- Your body is your ultimate teacher—if you listen to it.
Dr Jesse Hanley, Tired of Being Tired
- Relax for a while because you are refueling yourself to be more efficient and competent.
Joji Valli, Heart Beats
- A detached mind is seldom tired because it is free of fearful or tiresome thoughts.
Sfurti Sahare, Think and Win like Dhoni, 2nd Edition, 2020Fear
- I’m so tired of people who aren’t real.
Graham Masterton, Trauma
- I’m so tired that if a gust of wind were to hit my back right now I’d probably fall forward and sink into the ground until I hit the equator and melted.
Abu B. Rafique, A Collection of Stories and Poems Fueled by Sleep Deprivation
- But there comes a time when you grow tired, when what you are giving is more than what you have been given.
Bruce Coville, Odds Are Good
- Some people are exhausting…their presence can drain you of all your energy and in some cases they have an effective way of making you feel bad about yourself.
Get Your Life Together!
- Right at the point of getting tired and wanting to throw in the towel and right at the point of saying ‘enough is enough’, God shows us that He is always on time—every time and at anytime.
Jeffrey Bohanna, When Your Storm Gets Tired
- When life makes you tired, someone can come alongside you there and lift up your weary arms.
Tony Evans, The Power of God’s Names
- A bore make everyone tired but himself.
Russell Gerald Johnston, Random Wisdom
- When you are tired sleep when you are hungry eat. Zen saying
Michael Gluckman, Making Your Wisdom Come Alive
- I’m tired of all the pain, agony, tears, and feeling that there is no reason to carry on.
Pete Frierson, Sweetness of the Heart, Mind, and Soul
- There is no greater medicine than a good night’s rest.
Man Chung Han, M.D., Ph.D, Befriending Cancer
- Give me plenty of sleep and I am good for anything.
Richard Marsh, The Crime and the Criminal
- Even our sleep, which is usually spent in the darkness of unconsciousness or in the chaos of dreams, can be turned into the clear-light experience of subtle, penetrating wisdom.
Josh Bartok, Daily Wisdom
- Sleep is a spontaneous gift of nature.
Arjan Plaisier, Deep Wisdom from Shakespeare’s Dramas
- Sleep. It’s where our brains travel to every night; it’s the shift in consciousness that our bodies require every day.
Gill Hasson, Mindfulness Pocketbook
- Who you are is a profound mystery and so is tiredness. All it takes to see this is honesty.
Nirmala, Nothing Personal
- Knowing how to rest is an art. Without mindfulness, our propensity to be in the future instead of in the present, our habit of constantly being in our thoughts and constantly thinking about our projects, can make us exhausted.
Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddha’s Book of Sleep
- Sleep is very necessary for every living being. Without sleep, man as well as other beings cannot live. Of all the joys that the world provides, sleep is the most rewarding. All the rest are arid and dry, trivial and wasteful.
A Compendium of the Teachings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Quotes to Live by
- Sleep is not just rest, it is achievement, it is perfecting, it is perfection.
Codrin Tapu, Teachings on Being
- Sleep, often thought of as a state of vulnerability, in fact keeps living creatures out of trouble.
Simon Wortham, The Poetics of Sleep
- The flurry of waking activity comes and goes; the inertia of sleep comes and goes. Yet, throughout these changing values of waking and sleeping, there is a silent, unbounded continuum of awareness that is me; I am never lost to myself.
James H. Austin, Zen-Brain Reflections
- So relax when you are tired or bored. More battles are lost for want of sleep than for inadequate preparation.
Pavan Choudary, When You Are Sinking Become A Submarine
- Many people expect more of themselves than they can possibly accomplish. They try to pile a week’s worth of work into a day.
Hard Work Quotes
- When you are tired, speaking gently will take effort. But I can assure you that the peace it brings to your home is well worth it.
Pavan Choudary, When You Are Sinking Become A Submarine
- Let heavy thoughts sink. Go to sleep and wake up with light thoughts.
Martin Avery, Eat More, Pray More, Love More
More Quotes to Inspire
1 thought on “32 Tired Quotes, Inspirational Words of Wisdom”
thank you for the information