37 Words of Encouragement for Kids
Share these words of encouragement for kids with the children who could use some uplifting and positive words.
There are times when we all need a bit of encouragement – times when we feel discouraged or hurt – kids are no different, they also can use encouraging and inspiring words of encouragement.
Life can seem difficult and challenging, but your attitude and how you react can make a difference. Kids, let these words of encouragement give you some positive thoughts to help you see things in a positive way.
- You’re welcomed, held, cherished just as you are and encouragedto grow into all you’ll become. Holley Gerth, Coffee for Your Heart
Kids, this is so true, you have such potential – never forget to be you!
- Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind. Henry James
- Alice: This is impossible.
The Mad Hatter: Only if you believe it is.
Alice In Wonderland (Lewis Carroll)
Believe In Yourself
These words of encouragement are from a kids book, but they hold much wisdom in them!
- Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! Anne Frank
Inspirational Quotes for Kids
- Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do. John Wooden
- No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true. Cinderella (Charles Perrault)
- A bully can only make you feel bad about yourself if you let them. David Walliams, Mr Stink
Words of Encouragement
- The time is always right to do what is right. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Positive words from a very famous man!
- Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind! Dr. Seuss
Quote of The Day
- Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out. Jenn Proske
- Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better. Walt Disney
Walt Disney has been making kids and adults smile for years. And his advice applies to both kids and adults – if you have done you’re best, don’t worry!
- There is no place like home. Dorothy, The Wizard of Oz (L. Frank Baum)
- Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Matilda (Roald Dahl)
Quotes to Live By
- I’ll always say my prayers… and if God doesn’t answer them at once I shall know it’s because He’s planning something better for me. Heidi, (Johanna Spyri)
- Anything could go wrong any day of the week. What’s the point of worrying in advance? Judy Blume, In the Unlikely Event
- So imagine that the lovely moon is playing just for you – everything makes music if you really want it to. Giles Andreae
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss has written many children’s books, that kids have enjoyed. His words of encouragement hold true for both kids and adults – never stop learning.
- You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)
- Sometimes the things you’re convinced you don’t want turn out to be the thing you need the most in this world. Malorie Blackman, Boys Don’t Cry
- If God wanted us in the ocean, he wouldn’t have made the land. Lauren Child
- Life chucks a bunch of stuff at us, stuff we have no control over, but we can decide how to handle it all. We shape our lives with the choices we make. Cathy Cassidy, Scarlett
- There’s no such thing as im-POSSIBLE, Hiccup, only im-PROBABLE. The only thing that limits us are the limits to our imagination. Cressida Cowell, How to Cheat a Dragon’s Curse
- Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worth while. Anne of Green Gables (Lucy .M. Montgomery)
Famous Quotes about Life
- Be silly, be honest, be kind. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Do not forget in the darkness what you have been promised in the light. Katie J. Davis, Kisses from Katie
Short Inspirational Quotes
- Just because we’ve never done it doesn’t mean we can’t do it. Eva Ibbotson, The Dragonfly Pool
- If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more. Taylor Swift
- A little of what you like does you good. But you can have too much of a good thing. Dick King-Smith, Ace: The Very Important Pig
- Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing. Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
- ….stories make you think and dream; books make you want to ask questions. Michael Morpurgo, I Believe in Unicorns
- No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers. Wolfgang Riebe
- It made me feel that bad things could happen but they didn’t have to stay bad. Sometimes they could get better, with a bit of help. Jeremy Strong, Beware! Killer Tomatoes
- I’m not saying it’s going to be easy. Nothing in life is easy. But that’s no reason to give up. You’ll be surprised what you can accomplish if you set your mind to it. Louis Sachar
- When you know better, you do better. Maya Angelou
- Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before. Bonnie Blair
- Logic will take you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. Albert Einstein
- It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. Epictetus
Positive words of encouragement said many years ago but still hold true today – how you react to what happens is more important than what has happen. Your reaction is a choice – don’t get mad, don’t get angry, stay positive and look for the good.
Inspirational Quotes for Kids
Words of Encouragement for Women
Words of Encouragement for Men
We hope these words of encouragement for kids have given you the words that you are looking for.
Final words of encouragement for kids:
Growing up is full of good times and bad times. The choices we make and our attitude determine the type of day we will have. So kids, don’t let others ruin your day! Keep your attitude positive. Always be yourself, don’t be someone that you are not. You are unique and you are special don’t ever forget that! And, yes, you will have failures, but learn from those failures and you will find success and happiness!
More Quotes to inspire and encourage