20 Diet Quotes
Be inspired by our collection of Diet Quotes. There’s an old saying “You can’t outrun a bad diet!”. If you’re trying to lose weight, you’ll have to develop new habits of eating well – as well as upping your exercise levels. This is because what you consume must be balanced by what you burn off each day.
Before we get to the Diet Quotes, here are some tips from me to help encourage you: Celebrate small victories (lost a pound? that’s great!); Don’t beat yourself up for making a few slip-ups (moving onwards and upwards!), Drink TONS of water (it helps!) and – most importantly – keep to a routine that you can maintain over the medium to long term. The reason most ‘fad diets’ don’t work is because people make things too tough and use up all their will power too soon. If you tack a new habit onto an old one (e.g. each time you go to the bathroom, get out your phone and record everything you ate and drank since the last time), it gets easier. Tracking your consumption, eating well and having a healthy long term attitude to food will help you get off the diet treadmill and ‘live healthy and well!’ Enjoy these Diet Quotes; you can do this!
- Going on a diet is like playing solitaire. But unlike playing solitaire, dieting is approved by most people as an activity requiring moral fiber.
Richard A. Watson, The Philosopher’s Diet
Quotes About Being Strong
- Going on a diet or planning future deprivation does not help you. Calling someone who is supportive and understanding does. Speaking to yourself compassionately and lovingly does.
Andrea Wachter, Marsea Marcus, The Don’t Diet, Live-It! Workbook
Self Esteem Quotes
- Dieting involves your emotions, insecurities, and fears, as well as your dreams and fantasies. Going on a diet is like buying a lottery ticket, but much worse.
Carolyn Costin, Your Dieting Daughter
- Don’t expect motivation to fall from the sky. It rises up from the grit.
Sylvia M. Goldman, Living Thin, an Attitude–not a Diet
- Standing in her living room, she stretched her arms toward the ceiling, an epic gesture for this epic moment. She was going on a diet.
Sarah Steding, A Diet to Die For
- What’s behind that chain of choices and actions? Motivation. Your motivation. It’s very important that you acknowledge this fact. Perhaps your motivation to control your eating has been dormant for a very long time.
Barbara Debetz, Your Diet Coach
- Dieting can be an amazing journey where we gradually choose to give up old habits for far better ones.
Sarah Ferguson, Reinventing Yourself with the Duchess of York
- Dieting can be conceptualized as a learned behaviour, positively reinforced, for example, by peer approval, a sense of control, blunting of emotion and eliciting care.
Padraig Wright, Julian Stern, Michael Phelan, Core Psychiatry E-Book
- However, dieting can be dangerous while your body is recovering from pregnancy and childbirth. Instead, plan to eat nutritiously.
Bonnie Berk (R.N.), Motherwell Maternity Fitness Plan
- Many of the hunger pangs people experience when dieting can be resolved by adding a little fat to each meal.
Michael Lipowski, Pure Physique Nutrition
- And dieting can be a tangible focus and strategy amid life issues that are too overwhelming or complicated to tackle (and sometimes even to acknowledge)
Ruth Wolever PhD, Beth Reardon MS, RD, LDN, Tania Hannan, The Mindful Diet
- Crash dieting can be viewed as a form of recreation for many people. Reducing weight quickly can be exciting and fun. Going to diet center programs can be a social activity.
Michael J. Leitner, How to Improve Your Life Through Leisure
- Dieting can be slow, frustrating, and downright confusing. Grab the bagel and hold the cream cheese or forsake all in the favor of a T-bone steak?
Christopher D. Hudson, Need to Know Basics–Dieting
- That process and the anticipation of going on a diet can work in your favor, as long as you remember that the way your brain works isn’t just psychological but chemical as well.
Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet Oz, YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition
- Going on a diet means new foods, new portion sizes, a new eating schedule. It also fires up dreams and hopes of reaching your goal. Going on a diet, if you are determined to see it through, affects everyone close to you.
Kenneth Schwarz, Julie North Schwarz, Psych Your Diet
Dreams and Goals
- Going on a diet no longer means that you have to prepare everything from scratch. Many diet convenience foods are available from your supermarket.
Barbara Methven, On a Diet
- By saying that you are going on a diet inevitably means that you will eventually go off the diet.
Lauren R. Shaw, Done with Dieting
- The moment you looked in the mirror and decided you were fine, the fear of being fat was not there – and your motivation to diet was GONE. Without the motivation, there’s not much incentive to diet.
Kirsten Long, Magic Motivation
Motivational Quotes About Life
- There are many good reasons to exercise. But to stick to an exercise routine day in and day out, you need more than good reasons. You need a mission—one powerful reason to get your butt off the couch when that little voice inside sats, “I don’t wanna.” When you find that reason, you will find your motivation.
Keri Gans, The Small Change Diet
- A fitness or workout program without a sound diet or the motivation/reason to do it will be much harder to accomplish successfully.
Mark Sinderson, Beyond the Twelve-Ounce Curl
More Quotes to Inspire