20 Sad Friendship Quotes
Let these sad friendship quotes give you comfort and thoughts to reflect upon when you feel sad about losing a friendship.
Life is always changing and while losing a friendship will make you feel sad, we have to recognize that sometimes those who we thought we our friend perhaps never were. Rather than being consumed by sadness, don’t dwell on it, move on. Don’t paint all people with the same brush, make new friendships, most importantly don’t wallow in sadness.
Sometimes friendships are lost due to a person moving. While the relocation may take them miles away with today’s technology you can still find ways to keep in touch.
One of the saddest times to lose a friend is when they die. Our heart grieves and we miss them. You may find yourself feeling sad and depressed. You can find comfort if they were are a believer then you know you will see them again in heaven. Give your sadness to God and let him help you get through these days of sadness.
People change, we change it is a fact of life, we are all human. When you lose a friend you may find yourself lonely and feeling depressed. They say when you feel like this the best thing is to get out and help others. By helping others we forget our sadness, or we see someone who is in a situation a lot worse than ours. And by helping, by volunteering, you may make new friendships!
- Friends are people who make you laugh, who support and encourage you. Don’t feel sad if you lose a friendship that doesn’t do that. Catherine Pulsifer
Words of Encouragement
- Friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting. It means the memories last, even if contact is lost.Author Unknown
- Holding onto the past is a recipe for an unhappy life. Pearl Little; Julie Schoen, Christian Yoga
Sad Quotes about Life
You may be heartbroken but holding on to something that no longer exists can also turn you bitter!
- Friendship is meant to have mutual benefits for both people, but we often evaluate others by how they might benefit us. Tony Dungy, The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge
- Cherish the times you have with people because when those times are gone all you’ll have is memories. Lauren
Don’t have feelings of regret or sorrow about spending time with friends, as the quote says cherish the time. Someday you will look back and be thankful.
- Purchasing what we can’t afford also requires us to work overtime, nights, and weekends to pay for them, thus affecting our family lives, friendships, and church attendance. Lori Hatcher, Hungry for God … Starving for Time
- In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.Martin Luther King, Jr.
- It may easily happen that you are more polite and courteous to people outside your home or people you never expect to meet again, than to those who are members of your family or whose friendship is really worth cultivating. Lawrence G. Lovasik, The Hidden Power of Kindness
Quote of The Day
- When one has lost a friend one’s eyes should be neither dry nor streaming. Tears, yes, there should be, but not lamentation. Seneca
While you may feel sad over the loss, you cannot dwell on it.
- Shy women may have always been short on companions; for them the frustration is not losing friends, but pushing past their reserve to make them. Whatever the reason pals are scarce, the impact is the same. It’s like missing an essential nutrient. Without friends, problems weigh more and pleasures yield less joy. Marla Paul, The Friendship Crisis
- Walk away from friendships that make you feel small and insecure, and seek out people who inspire you and support you. Michelle Obama
It is sad to walk away from a friendship but you have to ask yourself was there really a friendship if it made you feel like this!
- Ever has it been that friendship knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. Kahlil Gibran
- No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.Alice Walker
- Social media technology has captured the attention of the public by misrepresenting the term “friend” and the concept known as “friendship.” Martin Murphy, Friendship: The Joy of Relationships
- Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. Richard Bach
- Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care, because they don’t. Neetu Khatri Kajal, Immortal Love
Positive Life Quotes
This is a sad but true quote. Sometimes there is only so much you can do. A friendship is a two street and if it is only one way you have to turn around and let go.
- We all need a little help from our friends. If not now, tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the year after. Some people never realize it until it’s too late. They invest in stocks, bonds, or real estate thinking money is going to give them the security and happiness they seek. Sadly, they neglect the most important investment of their lives – time spent finding, making, and nurturing true friendships and true lasting love relationships. Leil Lowndes, How to Be a People Magnet
- Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.Washington Irving
- Our friend is hurting, in pain, and traveling along the road of despair and grief. But old friend, never feel that we will not gladly walk with you through these difficult times. Byron Pulsifer, Reflection Of Life
- Could we see when and where we are to meet again,
We would be more tender,
When we bid our friends goodbye.
There are many things in life that make us feel sad. But there are also many things that make us feel glad. Stay focused on the glad not the sad. And, while it is sad to lose a friendship, we hope these quotes have added a positive thought to your day about friendships.
More Quotes for inspiration and encouragement