24 Fishing Quotes
If you love to escape with your rod, these are the fishing quotes for you!
Maybe you like to escape the hamster wheel of everyday life, to get away, be with nature, and find peace and solitude.Whether you are on a lone mission to soothe your soul or getting away with family and friends to enjoy your natural surroundings, these quotes will be relatable and will be sure to give you a laugh!
Enjoy our collection of fishing quotes from a variety of famous authors, presidents and celebrities.
- Trust me—it’s much more than casting a hook into the water.
Luann McLane, Written in the Stars
- One man’s obsessive—compulsive hoarding disorder is another man’s tackle box collection.
Pat Neal, The Fisherman’s Prayer
Funny Quotes About Life
- The hope of the catch, nevertheless, is the string upon which all the pearls of delight are strung.
Gifford Pinchot, Fishing Talk
- There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce serenity of mind.
Henry Gilby, Fishing
- Some say fishing is more art than science while others insist it’s more science than art. It’s definitely a bit of both.
Denise J. Hughes, Deeper Waters
- Fishing has many moods — not just good or bad, but whimsical, reflective, silly, inquisitive, lazy, demanding, and once in a while downright strange.
The Fishing Life: An Angler’s Tales of Wild Rivers and Other Restless Metaphors
- If fishing didn’t save my life, it—at the very least—preserved my sanity.
Robert U. Montgomery, Why We Fish
- Fishing teaches good sportsmanship, how to get along with other people, and to respect nature and even the very fish you are trying to catch.
Gerald D. Schmidt, Lets Go Fishing
- For me Fishing is all about, family and friends.
Gary Carl Love, Fishing with the Jackfish
Family and Friends
- I go fishing I don’t take the problems of the job with me, and I seldom contemplate deep legal issues when I’m out there.
Frank Sikora, The Judge
- I love to fish because it is totally relaxing. I love the water. I can concentrate and forget all my worries. I count my blessings while fishing.
George W. Bush, Featured Stories – Chicken Soup for the Soul
- The good fisherman is always engaged in the active exercise of his imagination. He is the fish he catches.
Jeremy Paxman, Fish, Fishing and the Meaning of Life
- When I fish, the boundary between nature and me disappears. I am simply another part of it, not a man isolated from his source.
D. C. Reid, Fishing for Dreams: Notes from the Water’s Edge
- All anglers have an escaped fish in their memory that still haunts them.
Steve Nakamoto, Men are Like Fish
- When you compete against Mother Nature and her creatures, you are not going to be successful 100 percent of the time. And that’s where that word ‘challenge’ comes in.
Bill Dance, Bill Dance’s Fishing Wisdom
- Fishing. Put simply it’s a wonderful way to spend a day or two.
Bob Mortimer, Paul Whitehouse, Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing: Life, Death and the Thrill of the Catch …
- It is a day in day out routine that totally frustrates the husband and ultimately takes away his peace and solitude, and thus he goes fishing!
Daniel Coleman, Secret Men’s Business
- It’s meant a lot to me, my fishing. I’ve had a lot out of it—a lot of pleasure, a lot of grief—but there’s been more of the former than there has been of the latter.
Ralph Bandini, Men, Fish and Tackle
- I found new fishing spots close to home, nondescript places where I could be alone and have little adventures like those I’d had as a kid.
Art Scheck, Fishing Life is Hard Work
- Love the fish; hate fish guts.
Jeremy Myers, Adventures in Fishing for Men
- Angling, in boyhood, youth, and manhood’s prime, was with us a passion. Now it is an affection.
Christopher North, Fishing for Laughs – A Great Catch of Funny Fishing Tales
- And the magical thing about fishing is that we feel the effects of adrenaline beside the humblest pond or stretch of canal.
Jeremy Wade, Why We Fish
- In all of our fishing experiences we must take care to honor our obligation in this regard.
Jake Bussolini, Jake’s Take on the Lake: Learn to Become a Smarter Lake Fisherman
- If you want to catch catfish, you fish on the dark moon.
William Ferris, Give My Poor Heart Ease
More Quotes to Inspire