28 Humble Quotes
Take a look through our selection of humble quotes to help you rid of the ego in your life and better your relationships.
Staying humble can be tough when you’re excited to share something or keen to show others ‘how well you’re doing’ isn’t it!? Take a look through our selection of humble quotes, which help us get rid ego feelings and help us build better relationships.
By mastering a natural attitude of humility, as we walk along life’s path, we enjoy the people around us more and they – in turn – tend to like us a whole lot better too! We become less self-centered, a better listener and our list of close friends keeps on growing!
So go ahead, read this mixture of quotes about vainglory, pride, ego and their antidotes… natural humility and good grace! We hope these quotes will inspire you on life’s journey and bring you closer to others, as you achieve your goals in life.
- A humble soul can rejoice in the graces of others.
The Spiritual Magazine, and Zion’s Casket
Appreciation Quotes and Sayings
- If you desire to be wiser, think not yourself wise enough.
Maxims, Maxims of the Wise and Good
- When we humble ourselves, we say we’re not above or beyond the truth.
Mari Keisling, Living in the Light of God’S Love: Walk This Way
- A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble spirit will retain honor.
Bobbie Gannon,Christianity Plain and Simple
- To be humble, is to honor God and respect oneself, for only then will a person be able to respect others. Acknowledge, without question, that God’s way is best.
Margaret Ottley-Okubo, Be Still and Listen to the Voice of God: Out of the Silence God Speaks
God Quotes About Life
- The rich man should be humble because his money cannot save him.
Tim F. LaHaye, Edward E. Hindson, The Popular Bible Prophecy Commentary: Understanding the Meaning of Every
- Unfortunately, our humility usually lies beneath the surface, because to be humble is to be vulnerable.
D.Stuart Briscoe, What It Means to Be Real
- A humble man thinks himself unworthy of anything, and therefore he is thankful for anything. A proud man praiseth himself above the common rate. He overvalues and overprizeth himself, and therefore he thinks he never hath enough.
Richard Sibbes, The Complete Works of Richard Sibbes
- We can pretend to be humble in such a way that we do the very opposite.
Colin E. Gunton, Theology Through Preaching: The Gospel and the Christian Life
- To have humility, is to be aware of one’s faults and weaknesses.
Anab Whitehouse, An Introduction to the Sufi Path
- To have humility is to have great respect for all things. There is no one who does not deserve your respect for there is no one who is not your brother.
Do You Have a Moment?
- A prideful man takes all the credit, but a humble man shares the credit. A prideful man discourages, but a humble man encourages. A prideful man pontificates, but a humble man prays.
Boyd Bailey, Two Minutes in the Bible® for Men: A 90-Day Devotionalhelping others
- To be humble is to sit under a private dark cloud, muttering, “I’m nobody, nothing, and less than nothing.
M. Conrad Hyers
- Pride is misguided love for our own superiority.
Humility and Pride
- Be wise and humble. The Lord is your confidence. He will keep you from falling.
Esther Prabhakar, Noble Reflections: Abiding in the Vine Day by Day
- If you are humble and you know you are, then, my friend, you are by no means humble.
Rusty Kuhn, Reclaiming the Land: God’S Formula for Revival
- In Compassion, I am equally empowered to find my way.
Sharon R. Olson, From Confinement to Freedom: The Psychology of Jesus
- To one who is well founded in humility nothing can be more humbling than the exercise of authority.
William Bernard Ullathorne, The Groundwork of the Christian Virtues: A Course of Lectures
- Those men who far ‘bove others rise In learning, wealth, or royal state, And yet with pride are ne’er elate, By all are justly reckoned wise. 42. V. 1011.
John Muir, Additional Maxims and Sentiments from the Mahābhārata
- Thou must know that there are two sorts of humility; one false and counterfeit, the other true.
Miguel de Molinos, The Spiritual Guide of Miguel Molinos
- A pure mind knows that innocence is strength.
Charles Whitfield, Barbara Harris Whitfield, Russell Park, The Power of Humility: Choosing Peace Over Conflict in Relationships
- To be humble is to leave space for the ideas of others, to allow questions to be asked, and to ask for help.
Leslie Yerkes, Randy Martin, They Just Don’t Get It!: Changing Resistance Into Understanding
- The best are those who live in humility, That brings to life greatness, easy felicity; Those who have this aplenty are blessed, And always stand out as the very best.
Pratheek, Pratheek Praveen Kumar, My Time My World
- A sign of a humble leader is that when things are going well, he will praise others, not himself.
Charles D. Dangerfield, Filling a Void: A Resource for the Journey to Manhood
- To be humble is to put aside one’s ego in the service of God.
Joc Anderson, The Author of Love
- Humility is what you want with you when times are dark and friends are few.
C.J. Mahaney, Humility: True Greatness
- If you do not choose the humble path, you will suffer more.
Monte Drenner, Spiritual Breakthroughs
Quotes to Live by
- Once an individual has learned true gratitude, happy, blessed, and prosperous levels of perception can be more easily attained.
RAMON LUIS OLMOS, Catch The Wave: A Collection Of Useful Self-Help Charts
More Quotes to Inspire