29 Addiction Quotes
Be encouraged by these addiction quotes. Share them with someone who is trying to overcome a habit that needs to be broken.
We all have a dependency on something. If it is a healthy dependency that is great, but if it is an addiction that will harm yourself or others help is needed. There are many recovery centers and professionals available to help people fight the issue a person is facing.
We hope these addiction quotes are ones that give you food for thought!
- More important, what determines who gets hooked, who recovers, and who does not? And how can we as a society do better at addressing addiction?Maia Szalavitz, Unbroken Brain
- If you were diagnosed with a disease would you accept the idea that you must live with the diagnosis? Or would you research, educate yourself, and seek treatment, until you found a cure? Why is addiction any different?Robert Cord Beatty, How Free Do You Want To Be
- Freedom from addiction is not just about stopping addictive behaviour! Freedom from addiction is about awakening, purpose, awareness, growth, healing, processing, integration, and living life from clarity and intuition.Hugh Osborne, Addiction-Free In 90 Days
- Addiction is a condition that will need to be managed throughout your life, but it doesn’t mean you have to be actively sick for your whole life or dependent on outside resources. You can get better.Eric J. Gremminger, Reclaiming the brain
Words of Encouragement
- Addiction is as bad as cancer. Nobody ever wanted to be dependent on something, and they never meant to become dependent. This is the very first thing you need to understand about this state of living.Life-Style, Addiction
- Addiction spares no one. Teenagers, professionals, students, housewives, single fathers, and even the elderly can fall prey to it.Wilson Armstrong, Addiction
Inspirational Quotes about Life and Struggles
- Addiction has an imperceptible grip, that tightens ever-so-gradually. Nobody wakes up one day and suddenly can’t stop drinking.Catherine Gray, The Unexpected Joy Of Being Sober.
- When I look back on my life I can see that the hardships I’ve faced have been essential for my growth; the lessons I have learned continue to help me.Annalisa Cunningham, Healing Addiction with Yoga
Quotes on Life Lessons
- Drugs and alcohol are often just the parts people see from the outside. Treating at the surface level won’t change what drove the addiction in the first place.Paula A. Freedman, The Addiction Recovery Workbook.
Quotes About Change
- Your addictive behaviors are reminders. That’s all they are. They are reminders of the more, you haven’t yet found. You have been searching for YOU, for your very Being.John Flaherty, Addiction Unplugged
- Unchecked, the three afflictions of anger, anxiety, and addiction collectively undermine your Happy Brain.Dr Jay Kumar, science of a happy brain
- Addiction, the daily grind, the pressure and judgment we face, from both inside and out, wear us down and make us forget that it’s possible to truly love our life.Adi Jaffe, The Abstinence Myth
Positive Life Quotes
- Addiction is a habit, which, like many other habits, gets entrenched through a decrease in self-control.Marc Lewis, The Biology Of Desire.
- Addiction lives in the circuitry of your brain it’s not a personal weakness.Rick Conall, Alcholism And Recovery.
- Be allergic to failure and addicted to success. Daniel Roberts
Short Graduation Quotes
- While all aspects of our life are important, without a balance, you become addicted and like all addictions you lose.Catherine Pulsifer
- By embracing the past and actually feeling lucky that you had your addiction, you can heal from the past, feel good about yourself now and build an even more amazing future.Beth Burgess, The Happy Addict
- The identification of addiction as failures in decision making means that understanding addiction will require an understanding of how we make decisions.Shahram Heshmat, Addiction
- Recovery didn’t open up the gates of heaven to let me in. But it did open up the gates of hell to let me out.Author Unknown
- As I see it, addiction is a solution. The problem is that it’s an ineffective solution.Joe Polish, The Miracle Morning For Addiction Recovery
- There is a moral stigma to addiction, and it is prospective shame that drives people to resist admitting they have a problem.Olivier Ameisen, The End Of My Addiction
Quotes About Overcoming
- Addiction has become an epidemic – that’s the obvious truth.Rachel Meyers, Real Tales Of Regular Addiction
- Asking whether a certain kind of “love” may in fact be an addiction can be the first step toward reexamining and restructuring a life.Stanton Peele, Archie Brodsky, Love And Addiction
Quotes about Love and Life
- The important thing to remember is that anyone can overcome addiction, if they truly want to – and the first step is the one you have already taken, however tentatively.Joe Griffin, Freedom From Addiction
New Beginning Quotes
- Since the nicotine chewing gum and the patch have failed to cure the problem, smokers themselves appear to have realized that you don’t get cured from addiction to a drug by prescribing the same drug.Allen Carr, Easy Way To Stop Smoking.
- When we resist a craving episode we starve the addiction and feed the recovery wolf. It gets stronger and the other one gets weaker.Leo Enhart, The Sacred Quest Of Recovery
- An addict can be sent to a detox centre but upon release, the only decision to get involved again with the addictive substance is the person. Each person has a choice; the choice to do as one may wish and as one wants remains with the individual.Byron Pulsifer, I Wanted To Change The World
- Being kind creates connection, happiness and success, whereas being nice leads to anger, frustration, alienation, even addiction.Marcia Sirota, Be Kind, Not Nice
Be Kind Quotes
- To better control your emotions, it is important to shed the light on your addictions as they can rob you of your happiness.Thibaut Meurisse, Master Your Emotions
More Quotes to Inspire