29 Understanding Quotes to help you Understand (wait, what?!)
Let me tell you something you might not want to hear… You might not completely understand things immediately. You know why? It’s because your brain is processing about a bazillion inputs at any one time (it keeps you alive autonomically as well as dealing with all our thoughts and actions) and it’s impossible for it to filter and process ALL the communication clues instantly. Sometimes, and I’m going to be revolutionary here, we’ll need some TIME to assimilate, conjugate and reflect on things, before we can understand. A wise man (Steven Covey) once said – Seek first to understand, before you try to be understood. In other words, work on your listening skills and thinking skills before you start pushing your own agenda.
Let these Understanding Quotes encourage you to understand more intuitively. Let them help you weigh the importance of understanding others and understanding yourself. I hope you keep your curiosity alive and question the things that you don’t understand today. As Walt Disney once said, ‘Ideas come from curiosity’. So enjoy these Quotes; I hope they help you to become more curious and to help you invest more time in truly understanding our world.
- There is no substitute for true understanding.
Kai Lai Chung
- Understanding others can pay big dividends if you pay attention.
Jay Levinson, Chris Forbes, Frank Adkins , Guerrilla Marketing for Nonprofits
- Having an understanding of others’ mental states can be put to good as well as nefarious ends.
Michael E. Lamb, Handbook of Child Psychology and Developmental Science, Socioemotional Processes
- A second assumption is that self-knowledge is the path to a happy life for the individual, is necessary for understanding others, and for making sense out of the world in which we live.
Richard E. Bailey Ph. D, Understanding Self and Others in the Postmodern World
Choose To Be Happy
- Our apprehension of reality as such must always include a true understanding of it because the absence of this understanding would prevent any discrimination at all.
Franklin I. Gamwell, Democracy on Purpose
- Once true listening ability is lost, a true understanding opportunity is also lost.
Minh Niem, Understanding the Heart
- Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
DR. STEPHEN R. COVEY
- Respecting nature is the first step in understanding God’s law.
Rondale O’Keefe McIntosh, In The Light Of The Truth
- The real purpose of philosophy is true Understanding and Wisdom.
Heroes, Sages & Madmen, A. Roy Horn
- One true understanding tends to lead to another, just as one erroneous understanding leads to another false interpretation.
The Real Devil, Duncan Heaster
- But in acts of understanding the mind in some sense withdraws into itself or, if it applies itself to something, it is only in order to consider the notion of its object which it has in the mind itself.
Louis de la Forge, Treatise on the Human Mind
Motivational Quotes About Life
- The mind power of understanding occupies a nerve centre in the front brain with its twin – the mind power of will.
Dr El March, Your Mind Powers
- Problem solving is the single best investment of your time for growing your understanding and preparing for both long and short-term applications.
Robert G. Bryant, Chemistry, Strategic Paths to Understanding
- Your understanding grows, your feelings grow, your mental models change and grow, and your worldview grows. Life is mainly in the process of growing, whatever part of you is involved.
Lee Thayer, Doing Life a Pragmatist Manifesto
- To understand and accept that the gift of healing is divinely bestowed. A wonderful ability, to be used to help mankind. Accept it with humility and develop it to the best of your ability.
David Clements, A Journey into Spiritual Healing and Kirlian Photography
- Accept that you can’t increase the ego’s control unless you understand how your id and superego affect your play.
Alan N. Schoonmaker, Your Worst Poker Enemy
- Abilities can improve as you understand how your mind works.
Ken Bain, What the Best College Students Do
- By understanding what motivates customers you will understand how your customers will benefit from your additional products or services.
Sally Bradley, S/NVQ Level 2 Customer Service
- You need to understand how your aura affects and is affected by the energies of others.
Ted Andrews, How to See and Read the Aura
- Finally, it is crucial that you understand how your feelings about your wife and your marriage affect your desire to parent.
Aaron Hass, Gift of Fatherhood
- I have been suggesting that we ought not be surprised that understanding others can “enhance” or affect the self. Indeed, whether for better or worse, such mutual effects are inevitable, an existential given.
Ellen Esther Gross, Understanding Another Person
- In the case of self – understanding, others can also be of use but in a different way. It is not a matter of their having clear and extensive knowledge of one and simply communicating it.
Susan B. Rubin, Laurie Zoloth, Margin of Error
- You are only listening and understanding your spouse’s perspective.
Sharon May, How To Argue So Your Spouse Will Listen
- Confusion is replaced with clarity and understanding. Your intuition needs to work in harmony with your intellect in order to help you move toward greater success.
Kooch Daniels, Tarot D’Amour Victor Daniels
- no one can understand his or her fate seen in a one-life perspective.
Else Byskov, Fate and Karma in a Nutshell
- We humans are magnificent beyond our understanding. It is our birthright, our gift, and our responsibility to grow and blossom into ever-fuller expression of our magnificence. Intuition loves to help us along the way.
Maura McCarley Torkildson, The Inner Tree
- We now have to look in the mirror to see the person that needs the understanding, which is ourselves, and help to solve the unsolvable.
Ray J. Dodkins, Acceptance, Recognition, and Control
- Listening—truly listening—means you get to learn something new or better understand what makes someone tick.
Jenn Granneman, The Secret Lives of Introverts: Inside Our Hidden World
- Understanding and Ending Our Self-Destructive Relationship with Food will provide you with the insight, tools and motivation that are needed to develop a more harmonious relationship with food.
More Quotes to Inspire