31 Ego Quotes
We humbly present our collection of Ego Quotes! 😉 In life, don’t you find that there’s a fine line between having a healthy self-confidence and having an overinflated opinion of your own abilities? We all strive to be on the correct side of that line and remain humble (and confident) and definitely not be ‘that’ person; who feels the need to boast or brag. So be encouraged by these Ego Quotes! Let them keep you calm, cool and confident and to help warn us when there’s a temptation to pump ourselves up too much!
- Ego is neither good nor bad, it’s just a result of a lack of self-awareness. It fades away as you become aware of it, since ego and awareness cannot coexist.
Thibaut Meurisse, Master Your Emotions
- This state is also referred to as the “quiet mind,” where the constant chatter of the ego subsides and we are completely present.
Alain Herriott, Energy Healing and The Art of Awakening Through Wonder
- The ego is a vital tool to our existence in the world. It guards the body and the mind to ensure that we acquire for ourselves what is essential for our survival.
Remi Meyer, The power of ego – master your life!
- Most arguments are not really disagreements but are rather little ego battles and misunderstandings.
- You can’t escape your individuality, and no one can take that away.
Lana Bordelstein, Live your fullest life
Words of Encouragement
- You must learn how you keep ego going in place of self. This is the “how” of ego.
Kevin Everett FitzMaurice, Ego
- Here’s the gift of gratitude: In order to feel it, your ego has to take a backseat. What shows up in its place is greater compassion and understanding.
- It is impossible for the ego to feel the suffering of the soul. It only lives for itself. Its major source of satisfaction is being right.
Lise Bourbeau, Ego
Self Motivation Quotes
- You are not yet who you are supposed to be. Instead of living with an ego that is outward-driven and based on other people’s approval, we’re going to discover how to live with an altar ego.
Craig Groeschel, Altar Ego
Positive Life Quotes
- Genuine ego relaxation will make you less egocentric, more real, and more capable of walking the path substantially, facing whatever arises within you and within life from a place of spiritual maturity.
Miranda Macpherson, The Way of Grace
- Yep, we can all learn plenty from each other – even those we think don’t know as much as we do – if we can just set our egos aside.
John Penberthy, To Bee or Not to Bee
Inspirational Quotes for Students
- The 3 Monkeys within us that are in conflict with each other…our own Ego, Intellect and Soul, looking for their uniqueness and acceptance in the outer world.
Smita Gupta, 3
- The ego is, in fact, requested to be silent and the id is invited to speak and promised that its derivatives shall not encounter the usual difficulties if they emerge into consciousness.
Anna Freud, The Ego and the Mechanisms of Defence
- I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego.
Strong Women Quotes
- I have learned over the years that there are no coincidences and that in hindsight everything happens for a reason until you stop living in your past.
Clayton John Ainger, The Ego’s Code
- In the blink of an evolutionary eye, we went from being smart apes to being fully human, from living at war with the elements and each other to becoming civilized.
Peter Baumann, Ego
- If you get your ego in your way, you will only look to other people and circumstances to blame.
- We have come upon something in the ego itself which is also unconscious, which behaves exactly like the repressed-that is, which produces powerful effects without itself being conscious and which requires special work before it can be made conscious.
Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id
- A sister is the cure for swollen heads and ego trips.
- Surprising as it may sound, many people don’t have enough ego, and that leads to insecurity, hollow participation, and apathy that paralyze cultures and leaders.
Dave Marcum, Egonomics
- In sum, meditation empowers you to tap into what lies beneath or beyond the ego..
Dan Harris, Meditation For Fidgety Skeptics
- Your ability to realize your potential will depend upon your willingness to hone your skills, to take bold risks, and to put your ego on the line in pursuit of something greater.
Jocelyn K. Glei, Maximize Your Potential
- As the presence of this heightened state of attention deepens, time seems to slow down, space seems to open up, and the experience of the self morphs from a single point (ego) into a heightened presence and stronger connection to the surrounding sphere (eco).
Otto Scharmer, Leading from the Emerging.
- A man of no ego is a person devoted to the path of not living through the egoic self. He, or she, is not a person without an ego. There is no such person. A man of no ego is someone who lives according to his heart and constantly seeks Self-inquiry.
Dimitar Petrov, Man of No Ego
- If ego is the voice that tells us we’re better than we really are, we can say ego inhibits true success by preventing a direct and honest connection to the world around us.
Ryan Holiday, Ego Is the Enemy
- The ego is not to be judged as wrong or to be alienated in any way even though it seems to be the cause of our suffering.
Helen Hamilton, Dissolving The Ego
- Remain humble and grateful for all your accomplishments, and know that a force greater than your ego is always at work in your life.
Wayne Dyer, The Invisible Force
- Quieting the mind is a method of doing away with ego, for so long as the ego is in control there can not be real communion with God.
Balkrishna Naipaul, Dancing Moon Under the Peepal Tree
- Your own power along with your Control Thought can guide you to control your ego.
Roy F. Messier, The Power of Control Thought
- The liberating truth that unites all human beings is that we all struggle to love ourselves fully and unconditionally. It doesn’t matter how big our ego is, how arrogant we are, how much external success we’ve had, or how confident we appear.
Blake D Bauer, You were not born to suffer
- Altruism, according to Comte, implies “the elimination of selfish desire and of egocentrism, as well as leading a life devoted to the well-being of others
Mattheiu Ricard, Alturism.
- Narcissism was her launching pad. It made her an engaged parent and energetic community leader. And it made her believe not just in herself but in others as well—and they felt that assurance.
Dr Craig Malkin, The Narcissist Test
More Quotes to Inspire