34 Emotion Quotes
Take a look through our range of emotion quotes that will inspire you and help you to become more in control of your emotions.
Life can be hard, it has its ups and downs and there are many emotions that feel like they are beyond our control. You must learn to embrace your emotions with open arms, no matter how low you are feeling. It is important to acknowledge and understand those emotions and where they come from, as they can be used as a powerful tool for being successful and for personal growth.
Sometimes the lowest point in our lives can inspire us to do the greatest things.
- All our emotive states, such as wrath, fear, longing, mourning, love, jealousy, or envy, contain a portion of their opposite.
- Like bad weather, negative emotions may also be unpleasant or destructive, yet people should no more wish for unremitting happiness than for continual clear skies.
W. GERROD PARROTT, The Positive Side of Negative Emotions
- You don’t need emotional attachments in order to do what is right and good.
Comparative Criticism: Volume 20, Philosophical Dialogues
Quotes To Live By
- I came to understand that in order to feel, we need to re-connected to our own feelings as well as those of others.
Doris Kessler, The Meaning of God: Love Explained on Rumi’s Poetry
- Recognise emotions as they start to arise and smile at yourself inwardly.
- Mindful Leadership For DummiesThese sparks of feelings merge in us creating new ideas and new convictions.
- Negative emotions can be energizing. We might not like them. We might complain about them. But we’d rather feel something than nothing, and negative emotions at least help us feel something.
Susan H. Lawrence, Pure Emotion
- Never let your emotion of sorrow or regret show.
Sihle B.V. Ntshingila, Let Your Greatness Become A Reality
- If you cannot control your emotion, you cannot control your money.
Innocent C. Enyinna, Success Without Brain
- Control your emotion, or it will control you
Lea Kliem, Regulating Emotions
- Guilt is a wasted emotion. It will hold you back from moving forward and FORWARD is where we want to be.
Pamela Baron Waldbauer, Revealing Yo
- Those things that disrupt the rhythms of the invisible heart linger. If left alone, some will linger for a lifetime.
Andy Stanley, Enemies of the Heart
Quotes About Life and Struggles
- To be vulnerable to emotion is a sign that one is suffering from an insufficient quantity of energy.
Yves Réquéna, Chi Kung
- By confronting our envy, we learn what drives us. By accepting our anxiety, we can reframe it as excitement and become more successful.
Liz Fosslien, Mollie West Duffy, No Hard Feelings
- We cannot get rid of our emotions. We can, however, manage them by changing our perception of them.
Lennox Cornwall, Embracing Failure: Your Key to Success
- By suppressing your feelings, you find immediate relief, but you stop growing.
Alfonso Vonscheidtur, Sadness
- We have also seen that expression in itself, or the language of the emotions, as it has sometimes been called, is certainly of importance for the welfare of mankind.
Charles Darwin, The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals
Great Quotes About Life
- Let not your mind trap your thoughts of despair.
Laura L. Smith, The Angels Healing Love–Abundant Blessings from Above
- The universe will respond more to what you are feeling than what you are thinking.
- Emotions are part of being human. Good positive emotions can be recognized, examined, nurtured, expanded and acted upon.
Jim Browne, Managing Your Life
- There may be rules, but when your emotions rise high, you become a victim of your own emotions.
ED. KARISHMA BAJAJ, Wisdom of Ravishankar Final
- If you can learn to see your emotions as tools of your deepest awareness, you’ll be able to move forward as a whole and functional person.
Karla McLaren, The Language Of Emotion
- But that river isn’t the same for even a fraction of a second. People are equally in flux—I am like that, and so are you. Our thoughts, emotions, molecules are continually changing.
Pema Chödrön, Taking the Leap:
- You need to value your emotions and give yourself the gift of being emotionally alive.
Miriam Greenspan, Healing Through the Dark Emotions
- If we ignore and repress an emotion, we won’t erase its message—we’ll just shoot the messenger and interfere with an important natural process.
Karla McLaren, The Language of Emotions
- If you can’t feel sadness, how will you know happiness?
Sally Taylor, On My Own
- Your emotions are the voice of the body.
Brenda DuFresne, Truth and the Five Platforms of Ascension
- Now if I catch myself holding back an emotion the way I used to, I work on bringing it out; I try to make myself more responsive.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Arnold
Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
- With no ability to feel emotions, life would be reduced to a gray, mechanical ritual from cradle to grave. Be grateful that you can feel emotions!
Dr Bradley Nelson, The Emotion Codedeep
- Feeling loved depends on our ability to communicate emotionally.
Jeanne Segal, Feeling Loved
- After all, you construct the fabric of your reality based on your emotions and how you manage your energy. It’s all about alignment.
Sarah Prout, Dear Universe
- When you deal with controlling, manipulative, or oppressive individuals, display as little emotion as possible.
Richard Werre, I Love My Work But, I Hate My Job
- However, emotions can lie, because they are not products of reality, but of our interpretation of reality.
Les Parrott Love’s, Unseen Enemy
- The connection between heart and mind is short and well traveled.
Tobin Burgess, Kevin Pugh, Leo Sevigny, The Personal Vision Workbook
More Quotes to Inspire