32 Reflection Quotes
Be inspired by our collection of reflection quotes to help you enter deep thought, and escape the hustle and bustle of life.
Life can be hard sometimes and we all need to take some time out to reflect on the past and the current situation you may be going through. Reflection can be a real aid when it comes to mindfulness and meditation and can help you center your thoughts.
What is reflection?
Reflection means processing your thoughts on the current moment or situation, helping you to piece together a sometimes difficult to process time in your life or day. Standing back and looking at the situation from afar is almost always the most logical course of action when facing a difficult scenario, it is the opposite of being rash and fast to react. Taking time to reflect on the problem you face ahead will ensure you make the best decision with the information you have available.
Sometimes making sense of a situation first before running in and facing it can give you the edge that you so desperately need. “The mind is the most powerful tool you have at your disposal and always will be. Utilize it to the best of your ability.”
So for now, sit back and take a read of these powerful reflection quotes that we have sourced from the experts and remember if you see any you like then share them with family or friends or anyone who you feel would benefit from reading these quotes.
If you like what you see then there are many more categories for you to look through; simply click any of the links below to head to relevant topics or click the quotes button at the bottom of the page to be redirected to our full list of topics.
We hope you enjoy reading
- In moments of quiet reflection our minds embrace the sea that we have crossed.
Holmes, The Fathers on the Sunday Gospels
- Reflect upon your own action, and consider what ye have done, and thus ye will shew yourselves to be men, to have the life of men in you.
William Bridge,The Works of the Rev. William Bridge
- Each of us has a sense of self within us. To reflect this self is essential in creating a meaningful life.
Michael P. McNally, Reflect Yourself: Exploring, Assessing, Understanding, and Improving Your Life
- The capacity to reflect is at the heart of what it is to be an effective learner.
Bill Lucas, Discover Your Hidden Talents
- To every reflection there is a decision. Likewise, to every decision there is a reflection.
Yolanda Gaston, Reflections of an Inner Being
- The power to look back on our lives, to reflect, to dream, and to choose to be a certain way—this is a gift given only to humans.
Ilchi Lee, I’ve Decided to Live 120 Years: The Ancient Secret to Longevity, Vitality …
- Reflections will give you the courage, strength, and willpower to overcome all of the fears and sets backs you’ll encounter along the way.
C. Payne, Attitude Within the Workplace: An Eight-Step Healing Process
- Before you look at your future, reflect on your past.
Sam Ade, Wisdom Untold
- Dear Lord, please teach me how to take good care of myself. I know that you want the best for me. When I need rest or help or more positive thinking and self-talk, please remind me to stop, reflect, and get back on the right track. Amen.
Teresa Whitehurst, God Loves Single Moms: Practical Help for Finding Confidence, Strength, and Hope
- The past is hindsight, and the future is mindsight – vision and possibility.
Philip Guy Rochford, Reflective Empowerment: Empower Yourself
- We become aware of ourselves, in some small or large way, as agents of history; we become aware that how we act will influence the course of events, at least for ourselves and usually for others too.
David Boud, Reflection: Turning Experience into Learning
- Your awareness is your reality; it is everything you know.
Expanding your awareness, and therefore your consciousness, will bring you closer to your own truth.Sidra Jafri, Awareness is Key
- In time the mind comes to reflect on its own operations about the ideas got by sensation, and thereby stores itself with a new set of ideas, which l call ideas of reflection.
John Locke, Locke’s essays. An essay concerning human understanding. And A treatise on …
- Far from thinking that philosophy is a useless repetition of life I think, on the contrary, that without reflection life would probably dissipate itself in ignorance of itself or in chaos.
Maurice Merleau-Ponty, The Primacy of Perception: And Other Essays on Phenomenological Psychology …
- We are able to step back from our desires and reflect upon what we have good reason to desire and then desire and act accordingly.
David McPherson, Virtue and Meaning: A Neo-Aristotelian Perspective
- In old age be always prudent and wise; reflect on your past health and happiness, and do what you can to preserve them unimpaired as long as possible.
The Friend: A Religious and Literary
- But if we accept and reflect on the natural flow of aging, illness, and death, we will have nothing to fight or reject.
Dzigar Kongtrul, Helen Berliner, It’s Up to You: The Practice of Self-Reflection on the Buddhist Path1
- Everything in life is a reflection of what we need to learn, if only we see it that way.
Lynn Marie Sager, A River Worth Riding
- Your values are reflected in your behaviors, and your actions are a reflection of your values. Life has meaning and direction.
Bettie B. Youngs, Stress Management for Educators: A Guide to Manage Your Response to Stress
Life Is Beautiful
- Since everything is a reflection of our minds, everything can be transformed by our minds.
Gong Qin, Kung Chin, The Collected Works of Venerable Master Chin Kung
- One is to understand we are the authors of our experience, life is a reflection of our mind, and the physical universe is a mirror of our consciousness.
Mary Schroeder, James Golden, The Practitioner Handbook: For Students of the Science of Mind
- Any conquest that the individual may win over his own inordinate desires will be reflected at once in his contact with other men.
Buddha, The Dhammapada: Buddhist philosophy
- Everything we do in life is only a reflection of what we believe.
Victor D’Monte, Building a Godly foundation: A Workbook for Believers
- Reflect on your blessings, strengths, and talents, not on how your life compares with others’. Focus on what you have, not on what you don’t have.
Sharon K. Ferrett,Annotated Instructor’s Edition Peak Performance
- Self-reflection is an opinion about yourself and for that it is necessary to take distance from the self .
Martine F. Delfos, Children and Behavioural Problems
- Self-reflection is our curse and our possibility.
Arthur W. Frank, At the Will of the Body
- Anger is sure to lead us astray, and make us take desperate resolutions, whereas, if we take time to reflect and grow cool, we shall save ourselves much trouble and vexation.
World, Round the world, and other stories
- Reflection enables us to discern the next step even if we are not clear about the next mile.
Alan Smith, Peter Shaw, The Reflective Leader
- If we take time to reflect together on who we are and who we could choose to become, we will be led into the territory where change originates.
Roger Heuser, Norman Shawchuck, Leading the Congregation
- Your past is the key to the next stage in your life.
Rendon Noel, Poisons on the Inside
- If you take time to reflect, you will walk away in peace.
Dr. Bradford A. Seaman, The 4 Most Important Questions You Can Ask: Powerful Lessons in Personal and …
- Life is a mirror, and you see in it the reflection of your inner self.
Waqi Munim, Rhythms of Life
More Quotes to Inspire