33 Slow Down Quotes For When Life’s Moving Too Fast
Be inspired by our collection of Slow Down quotes. Every one of us is guilty of not appreciating the ‘now.’ Our minds move at a million miles per hour, trying to cram as much stuff into our days as possible that sometimes we can forget to enjoy the moment we are standing in right now. Moments only last for a second, and once they are gone, they are gone for good. Life works in the same way. Doesn’t it feel like yesterday that you were standing in that classroom on your first day of school? or standing next to your fiance in the alter about to be married? I bet it does.
Life is gone before you know it, and learning to enjoy every moment is a challenge, but just remember that when you are old and gray, you will look back at your life and wonder why you didn’t take more time with the kids or your grandparents or your mom and dad. I know I do.
They say you should live without regrets, but not spending enough time with your family and friends is one of those things you will always regret if it becomes too late.
As the famous saying goes, live life to its fullest and enjoy every moment.
Published by: Ben Gillison
- Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
- Life is a journey and not a race.
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t slow down and look around once in a while, you might miss it.
Famous Quotes About Life
- You just have to keep driving down the road. It’s going to bend and curve and you’ll speed up and slow down, but the road keeps going.
- Slow down. Life is not a race. Enjoy the journey. Look around, take it in, notice the beauty around you.
Bloom Post, Shaman’s Toolbox: Practical Tools For Powerful Transformation
- Slow down and take time to enjoy the simple things, like the sunsets, the gardens growing, the wind in the trees, and the clouds high in the sky.
Coy Theobalt, Gypsy Wind Speaks
- Happiness, like a fine wine or a great meal, should be cherished and enjoyed – slowly and deliberately.
Michael L. Yergin, Megamorphosis: How to Be Happier Right Now
- Life moves quickly, changes happen, and love surprises you. Don’t forget to enjoy the cusp right now, before you miss it.
Amy Spencer, Bright Side Up
Love and Life
- Slow down; be happy – don’t worry.
E. B. Staples, The Mighty Storm
- We are speeding up our lives and working harder in a futile attempt to buy the time to slow down and enjoy it.
- We can easily come to believe that life in the fast lane is preferred and more likely to lead to success. This is not so. This is a myth
ALLAN G. HEDBERG Ph. D, Doctor, Teach Me to Parent
- If you fail to downsize your schedule, you are certain to live with regrets.
Palmer Chinchen, God Can’t Sleep
- Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself and others is to hit the brakes and slow down.
Regina Brett, God Is Always Hiring
- Life is over in a blink, spent out and used up before it has begun.
Edward J. Brunner, Edward Brunner, Splendid Failure
- When we get too busy, we forget to enjoy life. We miss a child’s laughter and the gleam in the eye of a loved one. We miss the tulips bursting out of the ground and the tiny leaves growing daily on the trees.
Donna Watson, 101 Ways to Enjoy Life’s Simple Pleasures
- Life moves fast. Don’t forget to stop and look around or you’ll miss it.
- Slow down and enjoy the journey. This is what I had to do. Before I was married I traveled overseas with my father a couple of times a year. I lived for those big trips.
Joel Olsteen, Every Day a Friday
Enjoy the Journey
- Take control of your life now while you can. Slow down and enjoy life.
Laura Ferreira, Hurry Up and Slow Down
- Meaning is found in the moments when we slow down and enjoy our surroundings and the people that we are with.
Charlie Mason, Mindfulness & Minimalist Budget
Meaning of Life
- It’s time to slow down and enjoy life more. Try to plan your time differently. Make more time for family, friends, and fun.
Michael McCarthy, Jeanne McCarten, Helen Sandiford, Touchstone Level 3 Student’s Book A
- Do not hurry through life—enjoy all along the way. The real joy in life is in the simple things.
Amanda Sinclair, 52 Weeks Life Changing Devotions
- Take time to enjoy the sunshine, the rain, the snow, or whatever weather you may be experiencing; this is life.
Dorothy Ferrell, A Miracle Named David
- We should enjoy where we are in life, enjoy what age our kids are (instead of watching them grow in our minds), and take time to enjoy life now, not tomorrow or the next day, but now.
Aaron Dean Ruotsala, Cole I Love You to the Moon and Back
- Those who control their jobs, instead of allowing their jobs to control them, recognize that they need to take time to enjoy life, friends, and family. Their jobs provide the income and resources to do just that.
Connie Podesta, Jean Gatz, How to Be the Person Successful Companies Fight to Keep
- There is a lot of talk in our society about slowing down to appreciate things in life, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don’t slow down so much that you come to a stop.
Eric T. Whitmoyer, Success With Goals
- The cure for moving too fast is just to slow down.
William E. Coles, Jr
- “Get your rest. Slow down.”
- We can slow down. We take the time to appreciate life more, to do more and to keep improving ourselves.”
Kellie Sullivan, Mindfulness
Great Quotes About Life
- To know ourselves better, we must slow down enough to feel our feelings and to hear our deeper thoughts.
David D. Corbett, Portfolio Life Positive Quotes
- When opportunities of happiness occur, slow down and enjoy the moment.
Geoffrey Mount Varner, Don’t Even Smile
Enjoy the moment
- Always remember life’s too short to take it too fast, so slow down a little bit and enjoy yourself.
Keith Decker, Cry from the Mountains
Life Is Too Short
- There comes a time when you have to slow down or completely stop doing what you’ve been doing for the past 20 or 30 years and take a well-deserved break.
Adrian J.Williams, Retirement
Funny Retirement Quotes
- Seems like common sense, yet often in life we forget how to slow down. Today’s culture seems to pressure us to do more and be faster. Take time out and don’t burn out!
One Line Quotes About Life
Slow Down Quotes
More Quotes to Inspire