34 Silence Quotes
Be encouraged by these silence quotes. Silence can sometimes be more powerful than saying something. Silence can be peaceful and relaxing!
Published by: Ben Gillison
If you want to support wow4u then please head over to our Instagram page to show some love! We aim to respond to everyone that gets in touch so don’t hesitate!
- It’s not the violence of the few that scares me; it is the silence of the many.”
Martin Luther King Jr.
- You are not the voice inside your head. There is a gap, a space, a silence when that voice shuts up. And this is a space worth exploration.
Frances Trussell, You Are Not Your Thoughts
- If you can silence your ears to your haters you will achieve your goals faster.
Kate Iroegbu, The Best Motivational Book Ever Written
- You take the murky liquid road at four miles an hour and do a left into Camden, or Bethnal Green, or you go further out, towards the country, and discover new kinds of silence.
Diana Evans, The Wonder
- Stillness is what aims the archer’s arrow. It inspires new ideas. It sharpens perspective and illuminates connections. It slows the ball down so that we might hit it. It generates a vision, helps us resist the passions of the mob, makes space for gratitude and wonder.
Ryan Holiday, Stillness is the Key
Quotes about Ideas
- Do not be hasty to speak, and do not let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God. After all, God is in heaven and you are on earth. So let your words be few.
Ecclesiastes 5:2 Berean Study Bible
Encouraging Bible Verses
- Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.
- Strident proclamation has many dangers, and silence has its own eloquence. Sometimes, as we shall see, the gap between them can be bridged by laughter
Diarmaid MacCulloch, Silence
- The place of which I communicate is a dreary place in Libya, by way of the borders of the river Zaire. And there may be no quiet there, nor silence.
Edgar Allan Poe, Silence
- We must be silent before we can listen.
We must listen before we can learn.
William Arthur Ward, We Must
- Even a fool who keeps silent is a considered wise; when he closes his lips he is deemed intelligent.
Fool and April Fools Quotes
- Your patience is not the patience of fear; your gentleness is not the torpor of insensibility; your silence is not weakness; it is not cowardice, NO. Your patience is magnanimity; your silence is conscious strength; your obedience is moral habit, is religious principle, supported by religious ordinances.
Elijah Parish (Subordinated Ethics)
- Making noise always gives you away, where as a solid wall of silence at least allows you to keep your dignity.
Ingrid Berzins Leuzy, Silent Women
- A more descriptive and phenomenological approach to Silence is necessary in our time, for we not only have to rediscover lost realms, but also, at the same time, clear away our deeply ingrained desire to live by what others have said rather than discover inner truths for ourselves.
Robert Sardello, Silence
- I think the loss of quiet in our lives is one of the great tragedies of civilization, and to have known even for a moment the silence of the wilderness is one of our most precious memories.
Maggie Ross, Silence
- They cannot endure the silence into which they have come: ‘stretching away in all directions, surrounding the insignificant cleared spot of the trading post, immense forests, hiding fateful complications of fantastic life, lay in the eloquent silence of mute greatness.
John Gray, The Silence of Animals
- Sometimes it’s wiser to be right in silence.
Maya Angelou, The Heart of a Woman
- Before he came, I was cocooned in a wordlessness, which I had chosen, but from which I could not break out. But now my silence is no longer without words, for his alphabet is etched in patterns beneath my skin, whispering in the shapes my hands can make
Catherine Bruton, Of Silence and Slow Time
- The darkness was unfathomable, the silence total.
Elaine Hankin, Wall of Silence
- Not only will we have to repent for the sins of bad people; but we also will have to repent for the appalling silence of good people.
Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Power of Silence could never have existed without Brother Vincent. He showed us that the silence into which illness had plunged him allowed him to enter ever more deeply into the truth of things.
Robert Cardinal Sarah, The Power of Silence
- Fascinated by silence, drawn joyfully into the void, I wanted to experience a total version; I wanted to know what it was that I was trying to build into my life before the habits of the quotidian asserted themselves.
Sara Maitland, A Book Of Silence
- I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
- Better a dry morsel in quietness than a house full of feasting a with strife.
Proverbs 17:1 Berean Study Bible
- To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born and a time to die… A time to keep silence and a time to speak.
Thorne Moore, A Time for Silence
- Speaking silence is better than senseless speech.
- Faced with these heart-breaking situations, I wondered how much sharing my story would help but it turned out there was a power in breaking the silence – it allowed others to talk about their deepest pain too.
Patrick Regan, Honesty Over Silence
- Silence, snow and solitude have got hold of me and will not let go. I am possessed by mountains, cold and ice. Winter has a very firm grip upon my soul.
James Crowden, The Frozen River
- Don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness. Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.
- It’s by listening for connections, both in art and life, that I feel I’m entering into the same kind of thought process that my favourite composers did.
Susan Tomes, Out of Silence
- Silence is God’s first language; everything else is a poor translation.
Thomas Keating: Invitation to Love
- Silence is not simply calmness or quietude. Over all words and thoughts it implies transcendence. A state of beyond, a state of pervasive peace, it denotes.
- If Speech Is Silver, then Silence Is Gold
- When words are many, sin is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise.
Proverbs 10 v 19 Berean Study Bible
Bible Verses about Wisdom
More Quotes to Inspire