30 Mental Health Quotes
Here is our collection of mental health quotes. Keeping your mental health in check is not something that anyone can teach you how to do, all anyone can do is help you to find your own way. What I’m about to write comes from a dark place, a place that I dare not face head-on due to the unbelievable pain it can cause when I open that never-ending can of worms. But the idea that there are other people out there with these issues has inspired me to share.
Growing up through my teenage years I suffered some mental trauma that closed me down. Put me into a desolate and dark room with no lights, trapped from the outside world by the impenetrable barrier of my own mind. There was no chance of escape, and absolutely no shred of hope to be found. The human mind can be a torturous place at times, and finding the strength to push yourself out of that dark place is no easy task and requires mental strength and conditioning that some people don’t feel like they have. But let me tell you from the bottom of my heart that you can escape that place. Mental health needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, for that exit door to finally appear.
No matter how low you are feeling there is always hope, even if it is currently shrouded from view. I had help from doctors and councilors, who my grandad who is sadly no longer with us, paid for. I was lucky to have a loving family around me who helped to slowly chip away at that dark prison, but most importantly, I had the words of people who had been through similar experiences. I found joy in inspirational writings and I was inspired to help people in my own way. It’s one of the main reason I write content for wow4u. I want people to know that there is happiness and love right outside your window if only you take the time to have a look!
If you have found this content inspiring and it has helped you in any way then please share! Together we can achieve anything, even knocking down that mental prison you have found yourself in!
Published daily by: Ben Gillison
If you want to support wow4u then please head over to our Instagram page to show some love! We aim to respond to everyone that gets in touch so don’t hesitate!
- Regardless of where you are on the mental health spectrum, it is important to remember that, if you have a problem, with the right support and treatment you can and will get better.
Shaun Davies And Andrew Kinder, Positive Male Mind
- It may be hard to imagine that spoken words have the capacity to lift you out of a dark place in your mind.
Bernie Ashman, How to Survive Mercury Retrograde
- Thoughts aren’t facts.
Gillian Butler, Manage Your Mind
Don’t always listen to what your mind is telling you. The mind has a way of causing you to believe things that are not rational or true! Don’t believe the lies, the truth is in you somewhere, start looking for it.
- Your mind is a prison whose walls you cannot see.
Susan Kaye Quinn, The Last Mystic
- It is no longer enough to be a passenger in my life; Now is the time to stand in defiance.
Nathaniel Sanderson, Relentless
- People who suffer from anxiety disorders might also wish to review clinics who focus on mental health or specialized cure programs that deal with particular types of anxiety disorders, such as panics or phobias, which may be accessible your area.
Mike Mitchell, Mindfulness
- We are like explorers shining a light into the secret caverns of both. Learning how individual pathways influence how we think, feel and behave can be a life-changing experience and a real shortcut to good mental health.
Dr Harry Barry, Flagging The Therapy
- Your own mental health battles or those of others can make you lose sight of it, but hope is truly the one thing that will keep you going through some of the harder times.
Frankie Bridge, Open
- There is a major emphasis on positive versus negative thoughts in dealing with harmful stress and mental health in general. Realistic thoughts should perhaps be the goal.
Dr Harry Barry, Anxiety And Panic
- Slowly, inch by inch, I gave up the reins to my beliefs and old mental constructs. It began to occur to me that if I had the power to create such an ongoing disaster, I might also have the power to create a life I could enjoy.
Pam Grout, The Course In Miracles
- At first glance, wild swimming may not immediately present itself as an obvious activity to align with the practice of mindfulness. However, research is increasingly showing a strong positive link between natural waters and mental health.
Tessa Wardley, The Mindful Art of Wild Swimming
- The mind can be like a small child who just needs reassurance that things will be dealt with and looked after. That’s all it needs to let go of these mental worries.
Barry McDonagh, Dare
Self Esteem Quotes
- Mental health is “messy and chaotic” but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t keep trying to make sense of it.
Nathan Filer, This Book Will Change Your Mind About Mental Health.
- If you’re doing a strenuous activity, you need more energy. Making changes in your life is an incredibly strenuous activity. So fuel that practice. You can’t have mental health without food.
Mark Freeman, The Mind Workout
- The tenant of most mental health theories is “we can only indirectly change our emotions” by way of how we choose to think, what we do, or even the surrounding we expose ourselves to.
Joseph Griffith , The self confidence workbooks
- We would probably also feel less ashamed or afraid to talk about mental health issues if we knew more certainly where they came from, or what caused them.
Edward Bullmore , The Inflammed Mind
- Once you hаvе dеvеlореd thе рrореr аррrоасh tо mеntаl toughness аnd bеgun tо сultivаtе thе right hаbitѕ and frames of mind, уоu will grоw ѕtrоngеr оf mind. Mental toughness саn tаkе you far.
Jason Dyer, Mind Over Mood
- What we can all do is take more responsibility for our own health and well-being by making adjustments to lifestyles that are out of balance.
Andy McGeeney, With Nature In Mind
- One of the kindest things we can do for ourselves is to go for a good walk. It is one of the most natural activities in the world, exercising the body and stimulating the heart, while at the same time freeing the mind to become more open and alert.
Adam Ford Mindfull Notes For Walkers
- Many people involved in the mental health professions are beginning to understand that compassion can play a role in helping us to work with difficult emotions.
Russell Kolts, The Compassionate-Mind
- The first step, of opening up to somebody you trust, is often extremely hard to do, but it is a crucial one for the journey back to mental health.
Dr Harry Barry, Toxic Stress
- The majority of mental illnesses arise from a common biological source: problems arising within our ‘mood system’. In order to understand these illnesses, it is necessary to understand how the mood system works.
Dr Harry Barry, Flagging The Problem
- What instructions do you feed your brain minute to minute? Or, what are you telling your brain to work towards minute to minute? The problem or solutions? Misery or happiness? Mental health issues or mental well-being?
Sam Owen, Anxiety Free
- There is no greater sense of achievement than fulfilling one’s own responsibilities towards someone. The immense mental peace that comes with it is a bonus.
Shining Universe Energy Books, Depression; 101 Powerful Ways To Beat Depression, Stress, Anxiety
- Running with a partner, or a friend, or just meeting people out and about can be a balm to the isolation that mental-health problems create.
Bella Mackie, Jog On
- Experts believe that a reduction of mental and physical stress can help people focus and organize their thoughts in an efficient manner. In this, yoga excels.
By Susan Hollister, Yoga
- We now know that close friendships and affectionate relationships play a huge role in our mental health and well-being and influence how our bodies work.
Paul Gilbert, The Compassionate Mind
- Perhaps all someone can do is try to survive, but once they have breathing space, meditation can provide them with powerful protection for when they are next in difficulty. This builds a mental resilience that can enable a person to get through even the most difficult situations.
Gelong Thubten, A Monks Guide To Happiness
- We face inward and recognize awareness as a quality of mind itself. When we look at the mountain, there is less mental traffic between us and the mountain, fewer concepts and ideas.
Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, In Love With The World
- Fundamentally, good mental health is relevant to all of us – for ourselves,within our families, for friends, colleagues or employees – and without doubt, having good mental health is critical in terms of enjoying and thriving at work.
Shaun Davies And Andrew Kinder, Positive Mental Health
- The worst decision you can make is no decision. Take control of your own life.
Pat Divilly, Upgrade Your Life
- Justice is a strong concept that has a proper place in the mental, emotional and physical realms, but it isn’t an avenue to use when seeking healing from past abuse.
Wanye Kauppila, Opening The Door To Freedom With Forgiveness Therapy
- If you feel like your mind is racing faster than you can keep up, it is essential that you take care of yourself and find a way to declutter your mind so that you can gain mental clarity and achieve greater success.
RD king, Gain Mental Clarity
- Mental space is just another way of saying “available energy.” If you are fully charged, you’re more patient, willing, agile, cooperative, and available to change your mind and approach as the situation requires.
Rajshree Patel, The Power Of Vital Force
More Quotes to Inspire