35 Fitness Quotes
You know what they say; Healthy body, Healthy mind! Getting fit and being mentally and physically fit, is something we ALL need to maintain and improve, as part of a healthy lifestyle. No matter what our age, fitness is an essential part of looking after ourselves.You don’t have to be a fitness freak to keep fit, all you have to do is build up your discipline muscle and keep to a routine and the rest will follow. Want to meditate? Schedule it in. Want to get physically stronger and fitter? Schedule it in.Here’s the best tip I ever heard for making a deal with yourself (eg to go out for a jog) and keeping it.
1. Pick the time that you’ll get out for your exercise. Set your alarm on your phone (I find it easiest to get my running or exercise done first thing in the morning, and get it out of the way!).
2. Put out your gym kit (everything you’ll need) next to your bed, so it’s all there – ready and waiting for you.
3. DECIDE – that no matter what – you’ll get up and get out the door for some exercise. It doesn’t have to be a marathon, but in the process of deciding and keeping your word to yourself, you’ll avoid procrastination.
Once you’ve got your new routine established, you will get fitter over time. It’s all about maintaining the schedule that works for you. Don’t go crazy at first! Start with once a week and go from there. There are programs for ‘couch to 5k’ you can look up online to help you ‘ease into’ your new fitter schedule, but do what works and stick at it.And remember, that once you’re out on the road for your run, or sitting on a bike at the gym, the motivation will begin to flow! I guarantee it! You DO the thing, and THEN you’ll receive the motivation. It’s not the other way around (not for most of us anyway).So here are some Fitness Quotes to keep you going when the going gets tough. I like to memorise a couple and use them along the way. Be motivated by these Fitness and Work Out Quotes and I hope they get you truly fired up for improving your physical and mental fitness today!
- We train because fitness is one of those special things in life that you can’t buy, steal, or fake. There aren’t any rewards for complaining or failing, and fitness doesn’t care about your opinions or feelings.
Michael Matthews, The Little Black Book of Workout Motivation
- The fitness industry should be about showing people what the human body can accomplish. It should be there to motivate the sedentary to get more from their bodies, the one shell they spend their entire lives in.
James Smith, Not a Diet Book
Quote Of The Day
- You are ready. Enjoy the race, work through the tougher moment, and believe the best is possible.
Duncan Foster, The Marathon Mindset
- When it comes to any type of fitness goal, whether the goal is fat loss for aesthetics and general health benefits or a more competitive goal such as sports conditioning, there is always a shared quality: Motivation.
James Atkinson, Fitness & Exercise Motivation
- Simply put winning is achieving what you want to, what you dream to, doing what you want to and being what you aspire to be.
Vaibhav Gaikwad, 3 Simple Rules To Be A Winner
- Make yourself fit. You’ll be uncomfortable at first, but don’t worry—eventually you’ll forget you’re caged. Soon this will just feel like: life.
Glennon Doyle, Untamed
- Mind, Body and Heart. Often we only focus on one area when trying to improve our health, which is why the benefits are usually short-lived.
Rangan Chatterjee, Feel Better In 5
- Every success story in fitness has a beginning, and it is very rarely a straight smooth road to the finish line; it’s okay to fall over or hit a roadblock on your way, but as long as you cross that finish line, you will be a winner.
James Atkinson, Health And Fitness Tips That Will Change Your Life:
- Satisfaction comes from the attainment of goals that are important to you.
Caroline Adams Miller And Others, Creating Your Best Life
- Incorporating physical exercises into your daily routines helps you get rid of bad habits and adopt positive practices.
Stephen Power, Self Discipline
- Training for fitness has to be all year round. You see people out training in July, running in the sunshine, but you don’t see them out in January.
Charles Bronson, Solitary Fitness
- ‘Become the person you want to be and then wait for reality to catch up with that version of you’. I wanted to be a professional fitness model who traveled the world, so I acted, lived and became that person until reality caught up to me.
Brian Keane, The Fitness Mindset
Dreams And Goals
- I was also blissfully unaware that treating your body like an amusement park, rather than a body, was not a healthy way to live. You can’t ride the roller coaster every day and expect to feel sane.
Bryony Gordon, Eat, Drink, Run
- Regenerate means to rejuvenate, revitalize, and renew. These words hold great promise, especially for so many of us who feel something is wrong, most often in our bodies but increasingly in our souls.
Sayer Ji, Regenerate
- So it stands to reason that we should not restrict our exploration of fitness with regimes, checklists and (false) glossy magazine headlines.
Ross Edgley, The World’s Fittest Book
- If you’ve ever heard that consistency is the base of any fitness routine, now you know why, as the continuous stimulus is necessary to keep the body fired up and ready to develop.
Adam Conrad, Fitness Over 50
- I strongly believe that with effort and consistency anyone can achieve the fitness results they want.
James Atkinson, Home Workout For Beginners
- In other words, better fitness equals better attention and, thus, better results.
Dr John J. Ratey And Eric Hagerman, Spark!
- As is true in many situations in both running and life, the harder you try to accomplish something through sheer force of will, the more difficult the task becomes.
Mackenzie L. Harvey, Mindful Running
- Exercise is also critical to a long, happy life. We can experience significant gains in all aspects of our mental health through exercise, including our emotional, intellectual, social, and even spiritual well-being.
Christina G. Hibbert, 8 Keys To Mental Health Through Exercise
Love And Life
- Don’t forget that food should be enjoyed, regardless of your fitness goal, so don’t punish yourself with a dieting method you hate.
Graeme Tomlinson, THE FITNESS CHEF
- Self-development helps to expand thinking spaces, improve health through exercise and skills development, to feel happy and happy.
M. D Debwa, The Power Of Motivation
- Yoga will strengthen the areas that cause daily aches, restore a functional level of fitness, and promote both physical and mental longevity.
Dean Pohlman, Yoga Fitness for Men
- Moderate activity can return us to fitness and continuous training will bring all the forces back in balance.
Lorena Katz, Productivity: How To Be Productive
- In a nutshell, your health, wealth, happiness, fitness, and success depend on your habits
Joanna Jast, Hack Your Habits
- A number of factors . . . affect our wellness, including fitness, nutrition, and finance. Although I am not an expert in these fields, I have observed time and time again how these areas are affected for better or for worse by our psychological health.”
Tonya Armstrong, Blossoming Hope
- Watching a person who successfully loses fifty pounds and changes her life is more inspirational than listening to a fitness coach with a perfect body.”
Martin Meadows, How to Think Bigger
Funny Quotes about Life
- Martial arts is such a great hobby for a lawyer-executive type like myself because it not only forces you to relieve physical and mental tension, but also forces you to maintain your physical fitness, which gets much harder as you age.
Cash Nickerson, Listening as a Martial Art
- You can become a paragon of health and fitness— an inspiration to friends, family, and even strangers—and remain one for the rest of your life.
Michael Matthews, Beyond Bigger Leaner Stronger
- You need to fuel yourself properly before and after exercising, and put the right things into your body.
Tom Kerridge, Lose Weight And Get Fit
- Fitness benefits mind, body, and soul.
Andrea Marks, Betty Rothbart, Healthy Teens, Body and Soul
- You have to believe that sooner or later you will achieve the body you want.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Arnoldlink to arny
Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
- When you are feeling bored and are tempted to raid the refrigerator, one of the best things you can do instead is to exercise .
Bob Greene, Get with the Program!
- Feeling happy, work out; feeling down, work out; in doubt, keep working out!
Marcelo Vazquez, 31 Days of Fat Burning Workouts.
Keep Going Quotes
- Does mothering really drain all the energy out of a woman, leaving none for fitness, weight management, or competitive endeavors? Nope. I have never seen motherhood and running as mutually exclusive. In fact, I’ve become more athletic since having kids.
Dimity McDowell, Run Like a Mother
More Quotes to Inspire