36 Inner Peace Quotes
Inner Peace. Calm. Silence. Stillness. These are words that don’t feature much in modern western life; but they represent an absolutely essential part of a healthy life. Here’s a 2 minute exercise I’d like you to try:
Take a deep breath and let it out slowly.
Think of the word ‘tranquility’ and imagine your mind as a body of water – try to make it as still as possible – so there’s barely a ripple.
Calm your mind and bring your thoughts back to the water and the word ‘tranquility’. Close your eyes and calm everything down. Be still.
Feels good doesn’t it? Try to develop that discipline of silence (start with 2 minutes and work up to 15 minutes) once a day and pretty soon you’ll have access to your inner peace. If you can be deep-down-calm no matter what; to be centred and balanced. To be calm in the midst of the storm (not away from the storm) if required! We all need a counterbalance to the business of modern life and this is it. One of the best verses of the Bible for me is ‘Be Still and Know that I am God’ Psalm 46:10 Taking a moment and working on our ‘inner world’ or our ‘spiritual world’, will help our ‘outer world’. If your mind never gets a rest, it’s hard to know peace. So I hope that these Inner Peace Quotes will help you develop calm, centredness and balance. I hope they help you to avoid ‘hurry’ and embrace some calm and quiet time each day.
- Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. Dalai Lama
- If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you. Linda Evans
- Are you at peace within? I strongly encourage you to learn to listen to your conscience and do what you know God wants you to do. Sheldon Newton, Hearing The Voice of God
Words of Encouragement
- But happiness – or peace or loving presence – isn’t a state that you attain at some future time. It’s here always – in fact, right now – as the true nature of reality. Gail Brenner, Suffering Is Optional
- Peace of mind comes from knowing that this too shall pass and good progress comes from good habits. Brendon Burchard
- Nothing can bring you peace but yourself; nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?
Yoda: You will know. When you are calm, at peace. Passive.
Keep Calm Quotes
- Treat other people as you would treat yourself; inner peace can be found by looking within. Oliver Benjamin, The Tao Te Ching
- That inner peace can be found within one’s own inner war. It is in the blood, you see! Cory McRae, The Butterfly King and Other Poems for Self-Reflection
- Inner peace can be found as we learn to mindfully view the reality of who we really are and how we perceive the reality of the world around us. Kalellis, Peter M., Caring for the Soul
- Starting my morning with beautiful flowers is a guaranteed formula to experience inner peace. Patricia C. Gallagher, The Happy Flower Day Project
- Learn to relax. Your body is precious, as it houses your mind and spirit. Inner peace begins with a relaxed body. Norman Vincent Peale
- Integrity is more than truth and honesty; integrity is an unshackled mind, a happy heart, and a light spirit. Integrity is inner peace with a clear, clean conscience. Integrity is self-respect, honor, and credibility. Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons
- I want to have a peaceful heart that embraces each gift of joy as it comes. Kara Tippetts, And It Was Beautiful
- Even though our passion may take us into the streets and sewers of Calcutta or the war ravaged villages of Northern Nigeria, we feel a connectedness and a sense of purpose that gives us inner peace. Dennis Houchin, The Passion Principles
- Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Quotes on Life Lessons
- You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart. George Michael
- Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. Gandhi
Quotes to Live By
- The freest people in the world are those who have senses of inner peace about themselves: They simply refuse to be swayed by thewhims of others, and are quietly effective at running their own lives. Wayne Dyer, Pulling Your Own Strings
- Great leaders have three things; inner light, inner vision and inner strength. Amit Ray, Mindfulness Meditation for Corporate Leadership and Management
- You need to find that inner peace and contentment that comes with living as simply as possible. Ryan Cooper, Simplicity
- By simplifying your life, you could find that niche of inner peace that everyone longs to have. Julianne Neilson, Declutter You
- Having inner peace means committing to letting go of self-criticism and self-doubt. Sanaya Roman, Living with Joy
- Contentment comes from peace within when worldly thoughts are still;When a heart is right with God, when you obey His will. Greta Zwaan, Contentment
Poems about God
- Peace, that is in the inner heart , inner mind, and inner spirit that comes from a deep level of our beautiful surroundings and all that share in that beauty. M. Lee
- Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions. Gerald G. Jampolsky, Love Is Letting Go of Fear
- Inner peace will set you free from the shackles of everyday society, allowing you to be your true self under any circumstances. Robert Washington, Inner Peace and Happiness In 14 Steps
- Be like a mountain; do not let anything disturb your inner peace. Debasish Mridha
- I can feel an inner peace, calm and strength by drawing on one source of power: prayer! Dionna Sanchez
- There is no inner peace found in taking care of me and mine. It is present in attending to the needs of we and ours. John Bruna
- If you have peace of mind, when you meet with problems and difficulties they won’t disturb your inner peace. You’ll be able to employ your human intelligence more effectively. But, if your mental state is disturbed, full of emotion, it is very difficult to cope with problems, because the mind that is full of emotion is biased, unable to see reality. So whatever you do will be unrealistic and naturally fail. Dalai Lama
- There is no well being without inner peace. Rasheed Ogunlaru
- By releasing all desire and attachment we achieve inner peace or nirvana. Louis M. Houston, Metaphorms and Information PhysicsDesire
- Find your own truth and get in your own lane. You can’t drive for others. Change starts within you. Love and find peace within yourself before you try to spread love to the rest of the world. ussama faiz, creator of loveFinding Yourself
- Men and women cannot live with the rest of the world in peace and happiness until we lead them to a philosophy of inner peace and harmony – peace within themselves . Unknown Author, The Christian LeaderPhilosophy Quotes
- There is no such thing as peace if you yourself do not have an inner peace about yourself and your actions. Your values, your beliefs, your attitude, and how you live all contribute to that inner peace. If any of these are negative or don’t correspond then inner peace is difficult to achieve. Catherine Pulsifer
More Quotes To Encourage and Inspire